Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conspiracy to Deceive

ConwaySC a man in Horry

Subj: Your Correspondence

Date: 1/23/02 10:28:31 AM Eastern Standard Time

To: AFORCEOFONE721@aol.com

TO: Mr. R. H. Tebbs

AFORCEOFONE721@aol.com

DATE: January 23, 2002

Dear Mr. Tebbs:

I am not aware of any chemical attack perpetrated by crop dusters in Horry County on either July 7 or July 21, 2001. To my knowledge, our law enforcement authorities have not uncovered any anthrax or other chemical or biological pathogens anywhere in the state.

We continue to be vigilant and on a high state of alert. Airport security is being closely monitored and steps are being taken to make our airfields more secure. Specific steps have been taken to secure crop dusting aircraft from unauthorized use.

General Siegfried and the Security Council will continue to make the safety of our citizens priority number one. Thank you very much for your concern.

The 911 Calls

1st Call (approx. 08:35 am) July 7, 2001

(Lady operator)

911- What's your emergency?

Rick- Good morning Ma'am. We live out here on 905 Hwy 19 off Of 905. There's a small plane flying around here just barely Above the tree tops. I think it's about to crash.

911- What's your address sir?

Rick- My address is [removed]. It's flying Between Highway 19 and 905. It can't be no more than 50 Feet off the ground.

911- Hwy 19 and 905. Ok Sir. We'll send someone out.

Rick- Alright

2nd Call ( approx 08:40 am )

(Man Operator)

911- "911"

Rick- Yes sir I just called in a report about an extremely low Flying airplane out around highway 19 and 905 . I just Wanted to call back and say it's gone now.

911- It is?

Rick- I don't think it went down but I will tell you what, your Not supposed to fly a plane like that. That guy just about hit the Trees in back of my house.

911- What's your address? Where are you at? So I can send Them out there. So I can tell them where to go.

Rick- [removed] is where I live at it's a little off of Hwy 19 off of 905.

911- (hum) Ok and a

Rick- He's driving like a nut. Never seen anything like that In my life.

911- (chuckles)

911- Was it like a Jet?

Rick- No No It was a small plane

911- Like one of them banner plane type deals

Rick- Well

911- Do you think it was a banner plane?

Rick- No it was a small aircraft.

911- Ok

Rick- Well we really don't it was not a commercial type deal It Was private. One pilot was in it. I swear he almost hit these trees back here.

911- That low! Ok a we'll have someone head out now to the Vicinity.

Rick- Alright. He might come back.

911- Yea. You didn't see him or hear him hit the ground?

Rick- No believe me you'll get another call.

911- Yea I'm sure I would.

Rick- My wife was out there watching him she said he took off Towards highway 90. But he was circling up here for probably 5 minutes. We thought maybe he was having engine troubles trying to find a place to land up here. But than he just took off. Driving like a maniac.

911- Well Ok I'll tell the officer and anyone in the area looking For him.

Rick- Ok

911- To see if we can locate him.

Rick- Thank you Buddy.

3rd Call ( approx 08:35 am ) July 21, 2001 (TWO WEEKS LATER)

(Lady Operator)

911- "911"

Rick- Yes Ma'am, My name is Richard Tebbs I live at [Removed]. I called 911 2 weeks ago about an airplane that Came out here buzzing our properties out here. This guy Just went through here again and almost hit some houses.

911- what kind

Rick- I got a number off the side of this airplane it's a small Single engine airplane and he keeps diving at our houses Out here he just left and is heading north like towards 905 North maybe across 90 right now he's heading out of here. I'm telling you this guy is scaring everybody in this Neighborhood to death.

911- Ok Sir, Sir CALM DOWN !

Rick- Calm Down?

911- I'll get an officer out there to you and he can take all The information and we can try to go from there.

Rick- I'm about ready to leave. I'm about ready to leave. I'll tell you what, everybody in this neighborhood seen him They are all standing outside their house right now. You Send a cop up here, somebody will talk to him.

911- Ok

Rick- I got a number off the side of that airplane.

911- Ok, go ahead with it.

Rick- N- as in Nancy B-as in Bob 4523 white with blue trim, Single engine airplane.

911- Ok

Rick- But you send a cop out here everybody is out in front of Their house right now cause everybody is scared to death This guy is crazy!

911- Alright. We'll send somebody out . Ok

Rick- Alright

4th Call ( approx 12:30 pm ) July 21, 2001

(Lady Operator)

911- "911, this is Kathleen"

Rick- Good afternoon My name is Richard Tebbs. This Morning at 8:35 I dialed 911 to report a low flying aircraft That was buzzing our neighborhood up here in North Conway. I had to go to work immediately after calling that Report and the neighbor across the street informed me He left right after calling the report in, and I don't know Whether and officer ever came up to investigate what Happened up here. Somebody needs to get up here so We can talk to them

911- Ok Somebody an officer did go out there.

Rick- Uh Huh Did he get. Everyone in the neighborhood

Saw what happened so maybe he talked to somebody

Else in the neighborhood?

911- Yes

Rick- He did

911- I guess he did. He went to a different address.

Rick- He went to a different address?

911- Uh Huh on Rebel Ridge Road

Rick- That's correct. I got the number of that plane.

911- Yes. So did somebody else.

Rick- Somebody else got the number too. Ma'am is there any way Somebody can give me an update on what is being done about This? Or maybe you can get the police officer to get in touch With me specifically because this is the second time in 2 weeks This particular person has done this. What he is doing is Extremely dangerous. He could have killed everybody up here In this neighborhood if he made just one small mistake. And I Want to see to it somebody does something about this guy Flying this airplane.

911- Whats your name again?

Rick- My name is Richard Tebbs T e b b s

911- Ok. We'll have the officer that went out there give you a

Call. Ok?

Rick- Thank you

911- Bye

Rick- Bye

In spite of these calls, and others, Police Did Not Respond. The following is a description of the events that led to these calls.

THE INCIDENTS

On the morning of July 7th 2001, I was watching the morning news, preparing to go to work. It was 8:35am, hot and humid outside, and promised to be another sweltering day. As I sat watching the TV, I heard a sound, it sounded kind of like a loud motorcycle.

Then, my dogs began barking in a way I had never heard before or since. At that very moment, I looked outside the front door and saw an airplane less than 50 feet from dead ground, within the boundaries of the subdivision. What appeared to be "smoke" was coming out from below the wings. In the time it took me to go to my back door, I heard a "whoosh", and felt a suction go through the house. As I opened the back door of my house, I saw this airplane within my fenced in back yard, less than 10 feet in altitude. It made a sharp left turn and began flying with the wings pointing to the ground and sky. This same "smoke" was coming from the wings. I grabbed the phone and called 911. I reported to this operator that I felt this plane was in big trouble, and they had better send Police and Rescue out here and Now. The operator said someone was on the way. Then, just as quick as it came, it flew off to the Northeast and out of sight. Neighbors all over were outside watching this plane leave. When the plane got completely out of sight, I called 911 again. I spoke with a different operator, explained that I had called earlier, and told him the plane had left. The operator again promised to send an Officer to my home. Police and Rescue never arrived. Not really knowing what had happened, I passed it off as somebody taking a joy ride in an airplane. I couldn't explain the "smoke" coming from beneath the wings, and that troubled me. Two weeks later, about the same time, I heard that same sound, getting closer and louder. My wife and I ran out to the backyard to witness this same plane flying toward the development from the North. As the plane flew into the perimeter of the subdivision, it began to ride the rooftops of many of the homes. Less than 5 feet separated the bottom of the plane from the highest point of the roof. Around and around the plane flew. As I looked around the neighborhood, I saw many, if not all of my neighbors in their yards or on their porches watching this plane. Thinking our home was in danger of being hit by this aircraft, we moved deeper into the back yard, and farther away from the house. At it's farthest point, this plane turned and began heading back toward my house, flying 10-20 feet off the ground. It was then I felt the pilot spotted us, standing in the back yard. Within seconds, the plane was almost upon us. My wife instinctively ran back toward the house screaming for me to "Get out of the way". I froze. The sound was deafening. The forward force of this plane knocked me to the ground. I looked up to see the rivets on the bottom of the wings and became enveloped in smoke, that once again was coming out from the wings. The tail of the plane missed taking off my head, by less than 5 feet. As it did before, it made a hard left turn and once again began riding the rooftops. I got up and ran back to the house and called 911. I was screaming at this operator that an aircraft was diving at homes, and people on the ground. I was assured that help was coming. Upon hanging up the phone, I walked back out to the deepest part of the back yard and began to observe again. Once again, this plane flew toward me in the back yard, then flew off toward the east.

After waiting an hour for the Police, I went to work. At about 12:35 pm, I once again called 911 and asked to speak to a supervisor. This supervisor informed me that an officer did respond, but went to another address. I informed this person of the details of what happened, provided a description and identification of the plane again, and told her I wanted an Officer to meet me at my house. The last thing I said to this operator was this, " I want to see to it that this pilot is apprehended and charged." Now, for the fourth time, I was told that the "Investigating Officer" would contact me. And, for the fourth time, an Officer did not respond to my home. An Officer did contact a neighbor about an hour after the second incident. The neighbor advised this Officer of the extremely low altitude, a description of the plane, and a partial Identification number. This neighbor went even one step further, he described the pilot. The plane was so low and near to his home, that he actually got a good look at who was flying it. Instead of writing a report, instead of contacting numerous other witnesses including myself, ( who had requested it to 911 operators four times ) this Officer left without making any type of Incident Report. The Officer claimed to the neighbor that he thought he heard a plane, and was going to check it out. That Officer never returned. As many as 10 calls from myself and neighbors went to 911. All describing an aircraft that was diving at homes and people on the ground. All expressing fear and dismay at how this plane was flying. I waited a couple weeks, assuming an investigation was being conducted. When nobody called me or questioned me, I became suspicious that nothing was being done about what happened here. I contacted my neighbors, and none of them had ever been spoken to by police, with regard to these flights. Many of these neighbors claimed that they too, had called 911.

Everyone agreed that the incidents were frightening and extremely dangerous.

Dealing With Horry County and The FAA

Toward the middle of August 2001, I called Horry County Police and asked for information about what happened here. The person I spoke to said "I've never heard of such a thing". I was told that in order for her to check the status of an investigation, she needed a Police Report number or an Officer's Name. I didn't have that, as the Police never contacted me. I called around to a couple local airports and asked about the plane. None of the people I spoke with knew anything about it. Without an Officer's name, I had to only hope that this was being investigated. The fourth 911 operator I spoke with clearly stated that an Officer did respond. I assumed that an investigation was underway from the statements of my neighbor. On September 11th, as I watched in Horror as the second jet slammed into the World Trade Center, I will never forget the words of the news man "That was No Accident". At that same moment, the images of our aircraft came to mind.

Could what happened to us be linked to the September 11th Attacks? During the week following 9/11, media began reporting about Crop Dusters, claiming information about them had been found among the belongings of one of the Terrorists. We had been threatened and assaulted only 7 weeks before, by an Agricultural Aircraft, a Crop Duster. My wife and I began to get very uneasy about what happened here. It couldn't be linked, it just couldn't. But could it?

I knew that it would be near impossible to get through to someone right after the attacks of September 11th so I waited. After about 8 or 9 days, our fears of this possible connection only became enhanced by reporting of the media. I had to tell this story to someone. At this point in time, my wife and I were sure, that what happened here held some significance. I felt the Government needed to know about this unusual incident. It was suggested to me to call the Federal Aviation Administration. I called the Columbia Flight Standards District Office on September 21st. I told part of my story to a Secretary who asked me to hold on. Almost Immediately an Aviation Inspector by the name of Harlan Sparrow came on the line. Mr. Sparrow claimed he had never heard anything about this, and grilled me for information. He seemed very nervous about the flight description and the "smoke". After listening to my account, he told me he would get on this right away. I provided him with the description of the plane and the ID number. Several hours later, Mr. Sparrow called me back. He ran the id number, contacted the owner of the plane, and was told that the owner did not fly on those dates, and I must have been mistaken. Inspector Sparrow promised to do more investigating and would contact me later. The nervousness of Mr. Sparrow concerned me, but I reasoned to myself that he was probably bogged down with the Terrorist Attacks, and like all of us, showing some nerves. Less than two days after I reported this story to the FAA, all crop duster aircraft were again grounded. No reason has ever been given as to why. On that Sunday, the 24th of September my wife and I became very uneasy. The assaults by this plane was frightening enough, but to now see that all Crop Dusters were being grounded proved terrifying to us. I was sure that this Grounding was a direct result of my report to the FAA. I was sure that this incident was now connected. Why did it happen, what were we sprayed with, were we going to die? The very next evening, my wife was watching the 11 o'clock news on the local TV affiliate WBTW. I heard her yell from the other room "Oh My God, Rick turn the TV to WBTW". An interview was being done with a local pilot who had been grounded again due to this most recent FAA ruling. Then, the cameraman focused on the plane behind the pilot. It was the exact same plane that flew in here in July. I couldn't believe it, the description and the id number matched "exactly". There was no doubt, this was the plane. It was nearly 11:30pm but I ran to the phone and called Mr. Sparrow. There was nobody there apparently, but I left an urgent message for Mr. Sparrow to call me as soon as he got to his desk. I never slept that night. I believed I may have known the whereabouts of a Terrorist, and it was only 15 miles from my house. I could have called Police, but at this point, I didn't trust them. They had done nothing for me up to now. The following morning, Mr. Sparrow from the FAA called. I told him about the news report, and my positive identification of the plane. Mr. Sparrow then told me that his identification trace was to that specific aircraft also, and the owner of that aircraft had been grounded in May 2001, by the FAA, with his personal involvement. He was a "Dirty Operator", I was told. I asked Mr. Sparrow what this pilot had been grounded for, in May 2001, and was informed that information was "Classified".

Again, this Safety Inspector promised to continue to investigate. He instructed me to collect witness statements from the neighborhood, and forward them to the FAA. A total of Six statements were collected, representing about 16 individuals. As directed, I forwarded them to his office. I was also directed to send my report to Horry County Police, and The Federal Bureau of Investigation. These reports were sent to these entities around September 27th.. On or about September 30th, I submitted a request for copies of my 911 calls, through the Freedom of Information Act. I also requested a copy of the Police report that would have been generated by these calls. A few days later, I received a letter from the Flight Standards District Office, authored by Mr. Sparrow. The letter stated that no further investigation would be conducted, as they were "Unable to Substantiate a Violation of Federal Regulation". I could not believe what I was reading. This aircraft almost killed my wife and myself and there was no violation of Federal Regulations? A day or so later, I received the copies of the calls I made to 911 on September 7 and September 21. I had made four calls, only three could be found. The call they could not locate was the call that included my screaming hysterically at the operator that the plane was diving at houses and people on the ground. It also gave the description and Identification number of the aircraft. I knew I called four times. I knew the call that was missing included a lot of evidence. Once I realized that all the calls were not on the tape, I again contacted Horry County Public Information and asked that I be allowed to search their tapes, for that 3rd and most important call. Within hours, the call was "found" and provided to me. I believe this was an initial attempt to cover up this incident. Something else that I requested was also missing, The Police Report. A memorandum was issued that stated, Police were "Mistakenly Not Sent". These County Memos were written on October 8th. I was now dealing with The FAA turning an abrupt about face to the seriousness of the flights, and Police, that were mistakenly not sent. I was not getting the response I expected. I anticipated a rapid investigation and prosecution of this pilot, with all the evidence that was provided. I got much less than that. My next step was to contact Mr. Paul Whitten, who is Horry County's Director of Public Safety. After several attempts to reach Mr. Whitten, he finally agreed to meet with me, to discuss the events that took place here in July 2001. Mr. Whitten came to my home, and apologized for the "Total Breakdown of the 911 System". He asked me "Not to Blame the Police". Mr. Whitten proceeded to tell me that it was 911's fault for not getting Police to our calls. He claimed 2 of the 4 operators were disciplined for their mistakes. Mr. Whitten echoed the FAA's statements about this pilot being grounded in May. He hypothesized that maybe due to the grounding, the pilot needed money and flew a Private job to get some cash. Mr. Whitten proposed that myself and our neighbors were indeed assaulted by this plane. After intense questioning on my part, Mr. Whitten left my home, promising to continue to look into this incident. He promised to get answers to my questions. Another week had passed, no word from the FAA, and No word from Mr. Whitten. To get an update on what was happening, I called Horry County Police. I spoke with a Lt. Charlotte Stephens. Lt. Stephens informed me that there would be no further investigation by Police, and there would be no charges filed. Lt. Stephens claimed that the FAA was now saying this pilot was "Not Grounded", and thus no laws were broken. Any future act of this nature will be handled the same way, with no charges filed. The attitude being taken by Police, was like a slap in the face. People were almost killed, and people were sprayed with an unknown chemical or toxin. Police decided they were not going to do a thing. I again met with Mr. Whitten, several days later, and his demeanor had changed. He now denied that we had been assaulted, and lied about the owner of the airport where this plane was moored, (Horry County owned) Mr. Whitten also refused to check the disbursement tanks of the plane, at my request.

Mr. Whitten's second visit was very different from the first. At first, he seemed truly disturbed about the plane's actions. The second visit he downplayed what had happened. I was told that this pilot "Broke No Land Laws".

I was told there was only one Aviation Law that was broken and it carried only a $100 fine. The Police would not waste their time on such a small charge. Due to my insistence, a Police Report was written on October 22nd. None of the other witnesses were contacted when this report was made. In this Police Report, the owner of the plane verified what the FAA told me over the phone. He claimed "he was grounded since May 2001 due to another incident, and could not have flown the plane on the dates in question". The owner of that plane was actually using the Grounding as his alibi. His own admission of his grounding contradicts what the FAA and Horry County Police were now claiming, that he was not grounded. It seemed that the FAA and Police changed their stories, when the plane was traced to Twin Cities Airport, in Loris SC. This airport is owned by Horry County. The facts remain, the aircraft owned by this pilot created panic in a small residential subdivision with extremely dangerous flight behavior, and numerous near collisions with homes and people. Many residents were sprayed with a substance that to this day, remains unknown to the victims.. The owner of the plane claims he did not fly on those days, but his plane was here. If he did not fly the plane, who did? Could it have been stolen, or borrowed by someone? The identity of the actual pilot on the days in question has to be discovered. I have repeatedly stated that no American Pilot would have conducted such a vicious assault upon innocent human beings on the ground. Riding rooftops, scaring people out of their homes and into their yards, and then spraying everyone and everything. This is not normal pilot behavior. The flights were very precise and with purpose. It seemed there was a distinct objective in mind, by the pilot. Seventeen Men, Women and Children described the flights to be threatening and extremely frightening.

The rest of this story, which is available, will change the way you feel about how our homeland is "really" being protected.

Edited by Mentalcase

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ConwaySC a man in Horry

• Mentalcase

• Burgundy Johnson

• Athlon64

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....that is a disturbing story. What the hell constitutes dangerous flying in the USA ? Perhaps a plane has to actually hit something before the authorities take any notice...........

Your question is a good one. Hey, I see you hail from England ! Wish I was there !

What does constitute unsafe flying? Certainly what happened here would qualify by all means. The United States has laws to prevent this sort of activity but it seems they are rarely enforced. The FAA is to blame for that. What bothers me more than the acts that took place, was the stampede of Government Officials who turned tail and ran when the issue was presented to them. I decided in late September 2001, after the jets hit the towers, and the first warning that came from the leaders at the time about possible attacks by Crop Dusters, that it was time I let the leaders know that strangely enough, my neighborhood had been involved in two very strange assaults by this very weapon. Assaults that took place 7 weeks before 9/11, and started at that same fateful time, 8:35am. I am not a chronic conspiracy theorist, but the incidents here were incredible. In all my years, I have never seen an aircraft fly like that. The pilot initially rode rooftops causing the occupants to run outside to see what in the world was going on. Now with yards full of people, the plane began diving at houses and people, and spraying a chalky tasting substance over everyone and everything. My wife and I were "targeted" because I was holding a video camera. Little did the pilot know, but the batteries were dead, and no video was taken. I cannot impress upon you enough how terrifying it was to see this aircraft point it's nose to the very spot you are standing. To see your wife running and screaming to get away. The images of those days won't diminish quickly. More important in my opinion is to identify the Government Leaders that went immediately silent. If I had not asked for the 911 tapes through the Freedom of Information Act, this incident would have gone totally unnoticed. Immediately after I got the tapes, a memo was issued that "Police were mistakenly not sent". That memo, as far as the Local and Federal Government was concerned, was the end of it. My pro active stance against these aircraft in residential settings has earned me threats of incarceration in The United States of America. In the last 3 years, thousands of letters, e mail, and phone calls have not been returned by these Public Officials. I have demanded the name of the pilot, an explanation as to why he tried to kill my wife and I, and a determination of what was sprayed. The problem? There are "NO RECORDS" of those flights ever being taken. To determine why there are no records would cause embarrassment locally. This issue is not just a personal vendetta against the pilot who did this, it is the story of a guy who was able to witness and become a part of a lesson that should have been learned by The United States of America. Lessons can't be learned and future preparations cannot be made by Public Officials that intentionally ignore the problem. I don't know what the rules are in England with regard to Crop Dusting and Aviation Laws, but I would highly suggest that you do some checking. Crop Dusters have the ability to disburse a vast assortment of chemicals and bio-toxins. Most of these aircraft in The United States are unguarded, and ignored. Most have no "transponder" to make them visible to radar. An invisible weapon to technology. The story of these incidents appeared in no paper, no news show, and no magazines. In my opinion, it should have made the front page of every paper, and the top story section of all the news programs. The President asks his Citizens to be vigilant, when that vigilance is exercised, the Citizen is discredited and secularized. The President says "We are doing everything we can to keep Americans safe", all the while knowing that the potential of the Crop Duster being used as a weapon of mass destruction in the United States is very real, and imminent due to their capabilities. There has been a "News Blackout" with regard to Crop Dusters and their capabilities to inflict damage since October 15th, 2001. I have researched it and found it to be true. To add to the mystery, October 15th 2001 is the same day that our case was "Closed", by local State and Federal Officials. One month ago, I sent registered mail to the 9/11 Commission on Terrorist Attacks asking to be able to speak before the committee. In my mind, it is important for them to hear not just about the flights, but the subsequent breakdown of all First Responders as well as every single entity of our Government that has a hand in Security. I am convinced that this weapon will be used, and they need to be convinced. Local Officials are aware that I have requested to speak to the 9/11 Commission. They are not happy about it I'm sure. Just to add another little mystery here, it was only two days after the commission received my request to speak, that someone tried to run my vehicle off the road, not once but twice here in Horry County. I called the local 911 operators for help and once again Police didn't come. It has been 30 days since I was nearly run off the road, and I am still waiting for the Police to come to take a report. Very Strange indeed.

Rick

Conway SC

(United States of America)

Hmmm,

Perhaps you could paragraph your posts?

Also, I don't think it is too smart to leave an address of someone's residence. I am going to delete the address bit. Carry on. wink2.gif