Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NKorea threatens the usa with nuke strike

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#16    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 January 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Wonder if they will storm Nkorea now. The USA thought Iraq had WOMD and stormed it anyway without proof, here the proof is there....what are they waiting for?

Two reasons.

1) China doesn't want a united Korea unless it's under their terms. So unless North Korea really flips out China is going to give them protection from invasion.

2) North Korea is full of starving and brainwashed people making it a money pit. The big reason why North Korea hasn't been dealt with is because no one, not the Americans, Chinese, or South Koreans, want to deal with the aftermath.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,507 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hard to say. Does N.Korea have any oil?

That's what I was going to say; there needs to be a costly benefit for such a costly endeavor, I'd think.

And would a country be dumb enough to storm a country that has already threatened to set their warheads in their direction? That is a game of chicken that we created a special clock just for. A clock that is dangerously set 5 minutes to midnight.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 January 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Well found, Darkwind. So that's it then. The British Army had better remuster the 'Glorious Gloucesters' and the Northumberland Fusiliers and get them kitted out for cold-weather ops!
Just checked it out, its from 2007, anything could have happened since then. Maybe the deal has already been done, a bit of oil for a few nukes, will have to do some research!
As for the British, not sure how many we got left after the last few fiascos. :cry:  and us tax payers will not be wanting to fund it again, not that we got much choice.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

There's a face to instill fear ... so shut up and do it you fat petty puppet dictator of a giant rice paddy ...

Posted Image

#20    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 24 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

With out even reading the article all i can say is North Korea doesn't have the Balls. To Nuke us.

I'm pretty much on agreement with you there.  It would be suicide.  But they are insane...  who knows.  Obama will probably just somehow spin this around and use it for his argument on gun control lol.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#21    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,344 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

"The U.S. and South Korea accuse North Korea of involvement in a wide range of illicit activities, including drug smuggling, to raise funds for a government under wide-ranging sanctions due to its nuclear program."

http://www.rfa.org/e...2011112301.html

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 24 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

No, that is not what is being reported. it is however their reported long - term aim, and the rhetorric coming from N.Korea is becoming increasingly unbalanced.

I cannot see the International Community (particularly those in the Nuclear "Club") really just sitting back and letting this develop much longer. It would need agreement from China, but, in the final analysis, and considering the advanced stage the N.Koreans are at, a pre-emptive strike at their facilities should be contemplated - sooner, rather than later.  IMO

Sure sounds like its exactly what they're threatening ,as I doubt they would come at us with hand to hand,ground war ,or suicide bombers .
Especially since nuclear rocket launches are exactly what they say they are planning.

http://tv.msnbc.com/...as-sworn-enemy/

“We do not hide that a variety of satellites and long-range rockets which will be launched by the DPRK one after another and a nuclear test of higher level which will be carried out by it in the upcoming all-out action, a new phase of the anti-U.S. struggle that has lasted century after century, will target against the U.S., the sworn enemy of the Korean people,” the statement reads. “Settling accounts with the U.S. needs to be done with force, not with words as it regards jungle law as the rule of its survival.”

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 January 2013 - 03:35 AM.

Miss me?

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,950 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostOrder66, on 24 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

There's a face to instill fear ... so shut up and do it you fat petty puppet dictator of a giant rice paddy ...
The fear his face creates in me is one of his being too young and inexperienced.

#24    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,348 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 25 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

The fear his face creates in me is one of his being too young and inexperienced.
Together with being drunk on power and believing he will live forever (as so many young people do).

Edited by libstaK, 25 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#25    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,339 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Miscalculations have caused war before now.  China has more control here than they admit - they just want to use NK as an irritant to the west AND they don't want to be the only ones feeding them.  I say ignore the fatboy and let China sort them.  China will not allow them to nuke anyone without warning the west first.  NK - without China's strong backing - is one of the only countries on the planet that almost no one would cry over if it got nuked.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#26    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,711 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

...The North Koreans act this way to get foreign aid.  It's a form of blackmail and it has worked for them in the past.

Nail/Head. This is exactly what this is all about.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#27    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,685 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

When and  Where did   "North Korea"  say this?   At the U.N.?  
  * i can't watch the video right now... but i suspect some sort of Mistranslation?

Edited by lightly, 25 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#28    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,367 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Seeing that most of its missile tests end in failure I am not sure the yanks have much to fear.  Plus they would be wiped of the map in retaliation.

Posted Image

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,950 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postskookum, on 25 January 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Seeing that most of its missile tests end in failure I am not sure the yanks have much to fear.  Plus they would be wiped of the map in retaliation.
I would hope the US would be more sane in a response -- more targeted.  The vast majority of N. Koreans are unaware and blameless.

#30    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,492 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I would hope the US would be more sane in a response -

erm...the sane thing is (sadly) to reply with nukes. if they don't, other countries will think they can get away with using nukes then. :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users