Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did ghost hunters raise Richard III?

Still Waters

Amateur ghost hunters claim to have made contact with the spirit of someone called Richard during a séance at a house with connections to Richard III.

The 12 members of Haunted Heritage recorded the spooky encounter at Donington le Heath Manor House last year, but said they did not want to publicise it at the time due to the furore surrounding the discovery of the remains of the king.

http://www.leicester...tail/story.html

If raise is another way of saying "Came up with bull**** story to cash in on a well publicized event of actual importance" then sure, I'll give them that.

• Like 4

Yeah don't buy this for a second. Cash in on Richard III anyway you can is more like it.

• Like 3

Not Convinced. But its like the old saying the walls have ears. And they are just telling us what they know.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these "ghost hunters" are part of the ancestry of Richard III who will conveniently state that he said that he wants his body returned to York. I'm thinking this is a ploy related to where his body should be located since it's been discovered.

• 3 weeks later...

Did ghost hunters raise Richard III?

No.

I take it you all know that in the UK, "Richard" is sometimes used as rhyming slang for a bowel movement? ("Richard The Third" - geddit?) If we take the claim in this context, then yes, I'm fully prepared to accept that amateur ghosthunters in a haunted bedroom at midnight may have found themselves with their hands full, if you'll pardon the expression...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, they do say that they weren't sure if it was Richard III but some other spirit named Richard.

"We're trying to get a historian from Donington Le Heath to look into other Richards who have lived there. But no one has found anything yet. We are being careful about saying it's Richard III because we can't prove it."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Did-ghost-hunters-raise-Richard-III/story-20963422-detail/story.html#ixzz3nLw8GLlZ

Its still an interesting find. : )

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they do say that they weren't sure if it was Richard III but some other spirit named Richard.

"We're trying to get a historian from Donington Le Heath to look into other Richards who have lived there. But no one has found anything yet. We are being careful about saying it's Richard III because we can't prove it."

http://www.leicester...l#ixzz3nLw8GLlZ

Its still an interesting find. : )

"Richard" is a very common name and unless they heard; "I am Richard III, past king of England" or something like that, they just contacted an entity called "Richard".

I am in contact with a spirit called 'William' but I cannot claim it is 'William Shakespeare' or 'William the Conqueror'...it's just..."William".

Actually, he did give his full name as being "William Jessop" and told me that he wasn't the engineer or LDS guy...

I couldn't find a history for 'William Jessop' (born in 1966) apart from that.

I really get annoyed with all of these psychic investigators I actually once had time for saying they've been in contact with "Robin William's Ghost' or "Whitney Huston's Ghost' or "they know what happened to flight MH70" etc

One thing about ghosts...they are just like human beings (they once were).

"Let's tell them what they want to hear, even if it's not true, then sit back and laugh our arses off while they take it all seriously and actually believe us".

Yep, that's what those who dwell on 'the other side' are like...exactly like a chatroom full of trolls...

If you think the internet is 'anonymous'...just wait until you use the spirit box!

Yet, I know 'they' exist, just like I know there are actual people behind the words I see online.

Edited by The Necromancer

Oh wow...just listening to that whole clip with my 'ghost ears' on.

After the investigator says:

"What is your name":

0:03 - 0:04 - "Michael"

0:09 - "Bob"

0:11 - "Something"

0:12 - "Okay"

0:13 - 0:15 - "Are you looking for Richard?"

That's what I heard...

Poor old Michael and Bob being ignored because the investigators wanted to speak to Richard and Richard wasn't even there!

They have a lot to learn...

Edited by The Necromancer