Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do movies influence UFO sightings ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postseeder, on 03 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

So why will early reports say these craft interiors had levers?

Could it possibly be on purpose? Aliens supposedly use screen memories, maybe they also plant these familiar images, so as to alleviate fears or to comfort an abductee. Could be the same reason abductees (used to) claim the aliens said they were from Mars or Saturn. Maybe they are just told what they'd understand at that point in time.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 03 April 2013 - 06:47 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,160 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 03 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

There is that, even dials similar to pressure gauges! Hell even the shuttles went to all glass cockpits (got to sit in one whilst it was being converted, big mess but it gave you an idea of what privacy the astronauts DIDN'T have!). Also the aliens themselves have changed over time. I suppose those that believe will say we were being visited by different races but seeing, once again, there is zero real evidence to support even ONE species checking in on us that is even more ludicrous. It is my understanding that it is primarily an American thing as well. While we may believe ourselves special, that too is madness.

Life in the universe = almost certainly
Intelligent life = probably but who knows where and how common?
Intelligent life coming here to zip around, probe and use their 'blurry camera ray' = a close to nil as possible.

Agreed! :tu:   I almost forgot the funniest one...antennae on aliens heads/helmets.  :w00t:    Again some reports say that! Antennae were essential items for radios, TV's and walkie talkies etc etc, right from the 50's up till about 15-20 years ago. Heck even my first mobile had a pull out antenna!! But now NO mobile has one, visible anyway, again our tech has moved from simple radio waves to digital transmissions. Now in the UK you cannot pick up any TV  with the typical aerial, you need a digital encoder or cable TV services....but advanced aliens?

Nah....they hadn't even got past the antenna stage.... oh dear!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,160 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Could it possibly be on purpose? Aliens supposedly use screen memories, maybe they also plant these familiar images, so as to alleviate fears or to comfort an abductee. Could be the same reason abductees (used to) claim the aliens said they were from Mars or Saturn. Maybe they are just told what they'd understand at that point in time.

Well lets think of another thing. Now, Im quite physical, (ex amateur boxer), and very assertive, when I choose to be that is. Now personally, if I woke up onboard a craft being prodded by aliens of any description, I would FREAK out. BIG TIME!  I know we all have romantic fantasies about benevolent aliens being kind etc etc...but hey, anything inhuman pinning me down is going to get a few combinations chucked their way, assuming I could and wasnt immobilized.

BUT then....once back on earth, I would not, would NOT just go to see a hypnotherapist....NO - Id be bangin on the doors of parliament wanting to be heard, Id be screaming out my abduction experience far and wide impressing on people that THEY are real etc,  I would tirelessly campaign to be heard and taken seriously....ringing the TV, the Press, tweeting, anything and everything to show mankingd it was really real....after all - the implications are MASSIVE.....

but far too many abductee's just kind of slink into the background...and OK they can say they don't want the attention, yeh thats always a good cover...

But....If it happened to you...would you keep quiet? Could you even?

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#19    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postseeder, on 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

But....If it happened to you...would you keep quiet? Could you even?

Well, first off, a lot of abuductees say they've tried to fight back but it's impossible no matter how physical they were.

Some abductees are very vocal. You've seen what happens here in the forums. Mostly ridicule with very little questioning (I know a lot of stories people put up here are BS). Same thing happens in real life also. You or I wouldn't be an exception, we'd be bombarded with ridicule and the butt of jokes on late night talk shows. I think that's why people slink into the background. Would you even be able to get a job after going public with a story like that? Family shun you? Friends? I think that's why a lot slink into the background.

I don't know what I would do. It would be terrifying, friendly or not.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#20    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 April 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Well, first off, a lot of abuductees say they've tried to fight back but it's impossible no matter how physical they were.

Some abductees are very vocal. You've seen what happens here in the forums. Mostly ridicule with very little questioning (I know a lot of stories people put up here are BS). Same thing happens in real life also. You or I wouldn't be an exception, we'd be bombarded with ridicule and the butt of jokes on late night talk shows. I think that's why people slink into the background. Would you even be able to get a job after going public with a story like that? Family shun you? Friends? I think that's why a lot slink into the background.

I don't know what I would do. It would be terrifying, friendly or not.

Of course I am not talking from experience but it just defies logic that there would be absolutely no way to get some sort of irrefutable evidence if you were conscience at all. If the case is that it is impossible then for all intensive purposes it is pointless to worry about it (assuming it happens at all) since they are obviously omnipotent.

#21    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 03 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Of course I am not talking from experience but it just defies logic that there would be absolutely no way to get some sort of irrefutable evidence if you were conscience at all. If the case is that it is impossible then for all intensive purposes it is pointless to worry about it (assuming it happens at all) since they are obviously omnipotent.

A lot of stuff surrounding aliens defies logic. Another reason some slink into the background, it's futile.

#22    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

1st of all that movie was great:) and most importantly  it does raise peoples awareness but it does not mean and please listen carefully DOES NOT MEAN THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE WATCH UFO movies or read about them that its all in peoples head or wild imagination.i say this because i know some non believers and skeptics will use this as excuse or reason!!!other than that UFO are a real event people just cause you skeptics or non believers don't believe does not make it less real or not real.so with that said stop using the same reasons and excuses such as swamp gas,weather balloons and etc you guys sound like a broken record or a the same song playing over and over and over!!!finally i would like to say skeptics especially eat my dust and stay out of the way of serious research go and take your close minded beliefs and brain/consciousness to planet close minded people booom!!!!!!!!

#23    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

and another thing about hollywood UFO movies and etc is that they make it seem always bad or like all E.Ts and etc are evil or here to invade the earth and they over exagerate by a lot.you guys want real research and info on the supernatural and paranormal and UFOs people read actual books

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,160 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 03 April 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

i would like to say skeptics especially eat my dust and stay out of the way of serious research go and take your close minded beliefs and brain/consciousness to planet close minded people booom!!!!!!!!

Im a skeptic, but only because there is no proof and despite....ALL the serious research that HAS been done... there still isnt any evidence. Go figure!   But Ive seen about 4 UFO's for real... as in - they were not identifiable. I know what Ive seen. But I cant prove it.. so I always wonder...  but seeing something odd isnt proof of anything.

BUT...ufo/strange lights are seemingly common, and DESPITE ALL THE SERIOUS RESEARCH... we still dont know. Take Hesdalen for a prime and best example... a valley, where strange ufo/lights are seen regularly, even to this day. Many images and movies were taken of them, and as said, it was seriously researched... but still we dont know any more..

check it out

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

Find the link for pics on the left AFTER you read the story on the homepage

#25    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 03 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I remember when Close Encounters of the First Kind came out. The UFO craze was astounding. This just so coincides with the Roswell story being dug up. Nearly every 'real story' I have read on here was 'reborn' around this time. Odd that with all the modern technology we have at our disposal there is no real evidence available. (6 BILLION cell phone subscriptions, many with multi-mega pixel cameras for example).

Define "real evidence".

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#26    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Define "real evidence".

Apparently a picture posted to the internet from a camera that has multi-mega pixel capabilities would be real evidence. Right?

#27    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 April 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Apparently a picture posted to the internet from a camera that has multi-mega pixel capabilities would be real evidence. Right?

Oh yes, I realise the skeptics (well, some of them) of the world are just sitting around waiting for evidence to materialise on the chat forums of the interwebz :tu:

I've seen plenty of questionable videos and photographs, both of UFOs and more my field, ghosts, and shock horror - they're never given a look. And if they are *deep breath*...

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

As far as the topic question goes, I don't think movies have much influence on sightings/experiences at all. Well, perhaps on the attention seekers of the world who crave a spotlight, but for the majority of folk? Nah.

Edited by The Skater Boy, 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#28    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 03 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

As far as the topic question goes, I don't think movies have much influence on sightings/experiences at all. Well, perhaps on the attention seekers of the world who crave a spotlight, but for the majority of folk? Nah.

I don't remember too many people seeing dinosaurs after Jurassic Park came out.

#29    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Here's a quote I just read in a recent UFO report:

"I live in a small town in the middle of Oklahoma, so I won't give the town's name as to be too easily identified by neighbors as "that crazy down the street.""

#30    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,160 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 03 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

You have to use different perspectives to see it...how others may see it.   Movies do without doubt influence people. Didnt they use to say on TV before they showed PeterPan..."kids, dont try this at home" - ie, jumping out the window wishing I CAN FLY.

I grew up in the late 60's onwards. When Bruce Lee was in cinemas in the 70's we used to go watch them, upon exit of the cinema, most young males would be doing the Bruce Lee...'oooh- wahhh' sounds and letting of side kicks!

Then we had JAWS, which created a fear in people worldwide of sharks... ( a good fear to have really)... I even remember being sh!t scared in a private pool where I was swimming alone one day, of a shadow at other end... all I could think of was..JAWS.

There are countless examples of how movies influence people. The Exorcist movie used to be billed as having made people leave the cinema... I remember they used to show secret cam pics of the audience looking petrified...

and didnt the first Rocky movie inspire countless people, (myself especially) to train,  run up stairs...persevere! I got into boxing JUST because of that film!

Edited by seeder, 03 April 2013 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users