Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Underwater civilisation predating last iceage

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,598 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 08 August 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Thank you cormac for the links.

The research paper titled  "Ancient shorelines of Gujarat, India, during the Indus civilization (Late Mid-Holocene): A study based on archaeological evidences" by A. S. Gaur* and K. H. Vora researches the ancient coastlines of Gujarat during the times of Indus Valley Civilization.

The name Bet Dwarka indicated in the paper is a name given in the modern times.

Indus Valley Civilization  and the Civilization to which Dwaraka /People, Places and events of Mahabharatha belonged are mutually exclusive.

Lothal, Dholavira etc are real evidences of the maritime capabilities of the ancient Indus Valley Civilizations.

Lothal was the first Dry Dock in the world.
Dholavira is one of the most predominant examples of the systematic planned cities of Indus valley civilization.

But neither, nor the civilization  to which they belonged had anything to do with dwaraka.

Dwaraka belonged to the Aryan era, to the epoch of the Mahabharatha.

In the research  paper, in the beginning  there is this statement to which i take offence

All the places mentioned do not belong to the Indus Valley Civilization nor were they built during the period of the Indus valley Civilization. They were established long after the Indus valley civilization had died out.

The Bet Dwarka in the research paper is not the same as the City of Dwaraka.

Cormac had provided two links to the research  paper by Drs. Gaur & Vora. Thank you Cormac.
Links are at
http://www.themua.or...118f5f28a4f.pdf

http://drs.nio.org/d..._Sci_77_180.pdf

No problem Spartan. While I can't speak for the veracity of the rest of the articles content, the main point of interest IMO was the rise and fall of coastlines in Indian history. Particularly within recorded history. That pretty much explains why many areas are now submerged. And none of it has anything to do with 10,000 BC or pre-Ice Age claims as some are willing to believe.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostHarte, on 08 August 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

You've made a very common mistake here.

Ancient Dwarka, which does exist, is underwater, and is off the west coast of India, is not in the Gulf of Khambat.

It's in the next gulf south of there (or north, can't remember right now.)

These two sites, one real - one Hancockian in its bogusness, have been confused for years at websites all over the internet, so it's understandable.

Harte
I've actually heard there are three sets of ruins under that part of the coastline. One that is just offshore that is ancient parts of the town of Dwarka proper. A second that is several miles out to the west and to the south. I believe this is the "ancient Dwarka" that they dredged trash from. And a third ruin which is also sometimes called Dwarka which is around the peninsula and is actually in the bay created by the river.

Attached File  Dwarka.jpg   151.96K   3 downloads

And I believe only the one that is right off shore is real.

Edited by DieChecker, 08 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 August 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Modern trash being mixed with old relics is not going to impact the radio carbon-dating of old relics. I understand that there can be an issue with dating the samples they found by dredging the sea-floor but what still surprises me is the man-made structures which resemble advanced cities,can this be refuted?
Millions of locations around the world exhibit the same faulting of coral into blocks. There may be large stones down there, but after 3000 years, much less 10000, the coral would make the shapes unrecognizable. These are simply reefs. Perhaps reefs that have faulted into blocks.

Can you post any good pictures that show these are dressed stone blocks?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,055 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 August 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

If you are referring to another set of ruins just of the coast from the present day city of dwarka in Gujarat,it is located north to the gulf of cambay ruins
Thank you.

That's the one.  I couldn't remember which direction.

View PostDieChecker, on 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

I've actually heard there are three sets of ruins under that part of the coastline. One that is just offshore that is ancient parts of the town of Dwarka proper. A second that is several miles out to the west and to the south. I believe this is the "ancient Dwarka" that they dredged trash from. And a third ruin which is also sometimes called Dwarka which is around the peninsula and is actually in the bay created by the river.

Attachment Dwarka.jpg

And I believe only the one that is right off shore is real.

There very well could be many ruins offshore in the area, given the subduction going on there (mentioned by Cormac MacExcellent.) That part of the Indo-Australian plate is slamming into Asia due to it's northward motion.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#35    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

At the link below you can find photos of how lothal looks now

http://www.indohisto...conception.html

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#36    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#37    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

http://www.arianuova...mg/dwaraka3.jpg

And some other interesting underwater structures

http://mayancalendar...ff-bolivia.html

#38    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

http://www.oddee.com/item_96695.aspx

#39    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Those look a good deal iike ballest stones, which medieval merchants used to weight there ships when not carrying goods. Then when they reached India, they tossed the stones over the side to load up with trade goods. The ballest stones were usually long and flat so they could be moved easily and stored easily.

I bet if they chemically check those stones they will be non-native stones, probably from the Red Sea region or the Gulf of Oman.

http://arabiantica.h...dex.php?id=1086
Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 09 August 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#40    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Handoncock talks more about his scuba diving 'holidays' and his wife than he does emperical evidence. Good work if you can get it I suppose.

Edited by Dragonwind, 09 August 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#41    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Any takes on Yonaguni

#42    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 August 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Any takes on Yonaguni

Please do a search on Yonaguni using the "SEARCH" function.

#43    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,055 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 August 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Any takes on Yonaguni
Your link to the "7 Most Fascinating Underwater Ruins" is factually incorrect regarding Yonaguni.

Today it is known that the formation sank due to tectonic action only 2,000 years ago.

The pics regarding Yonaguni  at that link show a "tablet" with some sort of pictograms on it which was certainly not found at this submerged site, and is absolutely in no way associated with this natural formation.

Such a misrepresentation regarding this well-known site leads me to infer that the the rest of the linked site likely contains questionable claims as well, which led me to not bother reading what was written there.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#44    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostHarte, on 09 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Your link to the "7 Most Fascinating Underwater Ruins" is factually incorrect regarding Yonaguni.

Today it is known that the formation sank due to tectonic action only 2,000 years ago.

The pics regarding Yonaguni  at that link show a "tablet" with some sort of pictograms on it which was certainly not found at this submerged site, and is absolutely in no way associated with this natural formation.

Such a misrepresentation regarding this well-known site leads me to infer that the the rest of the linked site likely contains questionable claims as well, which led me to not bother reading what was written there.

Harte
Can you post the link which says that Yonaguni sunk 2000 years back due to tectonic plate movement?

Also another thing that surprises me is that we so blatantly refuse the possibility of the Atlantis myth being true to a certain degree when we often commit to the fact that cities did actually get submerged by water

#45    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Just because cities do get submerged in water doesn't mean it gives arise to the possibility of the existence of Atlantis.
Atlantis was and is a allegory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users