Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Malta Cave and missing Children.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

VALETTA, MALTA

Functions: Unknown
Levels: Unknown
Tunnels to: Unknown
Notes: Tradition holds that before the British govt. sealed up several tunnels, one could walk from one end of Malta to the other underground. One of the labyrinths, discovered by excavators, is the Hypogeum of Sal Saflini [or Saflienti!?], in which excavators discovered the bones of over 33,000 people who had been sacrificed by an ancient pagan neolithic cult. National Geographic, Aug. 1940 issue, told of several school children who had disappeared without a trace in the Hypogeum.

British embassy worker Miss Lois Jessup convinced a guide to allow her to explore a 3-ft. square "burial chamber" next to the floor of the lowest room in the last [3rd] sub-level of the catacombs. He reluctantly agreed and she crawled through the passage until emerging on a cavern ledge overlooking a deep chasm. In total shock she saw a procession of TALL humanoids with white hair covering their bodies walking along another ledge about 50 feet down on the opposite wall of the chasm.

Sensing her they collectively lifted their palms in her direction at which a strong "wind" began to blow through the cavern and something big, "slippery and wet" moved past her before she left in terror to the lower room, where the guide gave her a "knowing" look. Later she returned after the 30 school children and their teacher[s] had disappeared in the same passage that she had explored, only to find a new guide who denied any knowledge of the former guides' employment there.

She heard reports however that after the last child had passed through the "burial chamber" and out onto the ledge, a "cave-in" collapsed the burial chamber and the rope connecting them to the lower chamber was later found to be "cut clean". Grieving Mothers of several of the children swore that for a week or more following the disappearance they could hear their children crying and screaming "as if from underground". Other sources state that an underground connection exists or did exist between Malta and reaches hundreds of miles and intersects the catacombs below the hill Vaticanus in Rome.

source: THE REALITY OF THE CAVERN WORLD, by Riley Crabb; Commander X; NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine, Aug. 1940

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#2    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostPlease-Forgive-Me, on 21 February 2010 - 01:29 AM, said:

VALETTA, MALTA

Functions: Unknown
Levels: Unknown
Tunnels to: Unknown
Notes: Tradition holds that before the British govt. sealed up several tunnels, one could walk from one end of Malta to the other underground. One of the labyrinths, discovered by excavators, is the Hypogeum of Sal Saflini [or Saflienti!?], in which excavators discovered the bones of over 33,000 people who had been sacrificed by an ancient pagan neolithic cult. National Geographic, Aug. 1940 issue, told of several school children who had disappeared without a trace in the Hypogeum.

British embassy worker Miss Lois Jessup convinced a guide to allow her to explore a 3-ft. square "burial chamber" next to the floor of the lowest room in the last [3rd] sub-level of the catacombs. He reluctantly agreed and she crawled through the passage until emerging on a cavern ledge overlooking a deep chasm. In total shock she saw a procession of TALL humanoids with white hair covering their bodies walking along another ledge about 50 feet down on the opposite wall of the chasm.

Sensing her they collectively lifted their palms in her direction at which a strong "wind" began to blow through the cavern and something big, "slippery and wet" moved past her before she left in terror to the lower room, where the guide gave her a "knowing" look. Later she returned after the 30 school children and their teacher[s] had disappeared in the same passage that she had explored, only to find a new guide who denied any knowledge of the former guides' employment there.

She heard reports however that after the last child had passed through the "burial chamber" and out onto the ledge, a "cave-in" collapsed the burial chamber and the rope connecting them to the lower chamber was later found to be "cut clean". Grieving Mothers of several of the children swore that for a week or more following the disappearance they could hear their children crying and screaming "as if from underground". Other sources state that an underground connection exists or did exist between Malta and reaches hundreds of miles and intersects the catacombs below the hill Vaticanus in Rome.

source: THE REALITY OF THE CAVERN WORLD, by Riley Crabb; Commander X; NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine, Aug. 1940

Holy crap! That is some seriously freaky stuff. I had never even heard of such a thing, wow, I'm completely amazed. That's one hell of a story, good job Please-Forgive-Me, good job indeed.

#3    LostInTheWoods

LostInTheWoods

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:44 AM

Eee. That's utterly horrifying.

Good find

#4    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

It is a topic I have been studying for a while as I am very interested in the idea of underground, beings and groups for lack of a better word. The thing about this case is it is well documented in the National Geographic, not the National Enquirer or anything, very true story, makes you rethink your understanding of the earth we live on.

#5    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Interesting that it was in National Geographic.......

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#6    jakersHD

jakersHD

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

That is an awesome story, it reminds me of the books by Jeff Long "the descent" and "deeper" really good books.
I've been wanting to go to Malta for a while now, now I have one more reason.

#7    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

View PostjakersHD, on 21 February 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:

That is an awesome story, it reminds me of the books by Jeff Long "the descent" and "deeper" really good books.
I've been wanting to go to Malta for a while now, now I have one more reason.
Be careful my friend, be very careful....

#8    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostPlease-Forgive-Me, on 21 February 2010 - 10:52 PM, said:

Be careful my friend, be very careful....

Please-Forgive-Me, have you ever read up on the "Dulce Base" and "Nightmare Hall"? I'm almost wondering...if there's any truth to the under-earth environment / bases / colonies, would they connect to the Malta story you wrote about? Here's a link for you, if you're interested.

http://www.thewatche...ce/chapter1.htm

#9    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:53 AM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 22 February 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

Please-Forgive-Me, have you ever read up on the "Dulce Base" and "Nightmare Hall"? I'm almost wondering...if there's any truth to the under-earth environment / bases / colonies, would they connect to the Malta story you wrote about? Here's a link for you, if you're interested.

http://www.thewatche...ce/chapter1.htm
Thank you for the link, I am starting to read the book now becasue I have never heard of it before, so it will take me a while! It is a fascinating topic when you take the time to consider it.

#10    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

You kinda have to wonder about a dude who calls himself, "Commander X".  Of course then, you kinda gotta wonder about somebody who calls himself "kiddglock" too, I guess.

#11    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

I've been doing some homework on the Malta story, apparently there are other accounts in various places of similar creatures being seen by, and even attacking mine workers it seems. Creepier and creepier, eh?  :o

#12    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

National Geographic didn't publish the story about the 25 ft tall beings, that was actually Boarderland Science, a different publication.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#13    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,235 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

Ooooooo. Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. <3

It'll be cool to have the story appear on Destination Truth. ^_^

Av by unicorns @ lacedskulls.

#14    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

She who carries a big sword

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 23 February 2010 - 04:52 PM, said:

I've been doing some homework on the Malta story, apparently there are other accounts in various places of similar creatures being seen by, and even attacking mine workers it seems. Creepier and creepier, eh?  :o
Sounds sort of like Tommyknockers to me, only the Knockers are supposed to be small, and Ive never heard much about them attacking people, they are supposed to be helpful

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#15    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

Well there are some possible explanations for the tall people seen in the caves.

1. They are a trogladite species..... very un-likely, would be hard for them to sustain any kind of popualtion underground.

2. There were creepy looking people, but there were an obscure religous sect/cult that used the caves, maybe even abuducting children to brain wash them, eat them, whatever.

3. Thre were no creepy people they were made  up or a halucination.

The wind is easily explained.  In many caves systems there are strange air flows thatcarry sounds, smells ect long ways from unexpected directions.

The missing children? They got lost, they fell down a chasm, there was a rockfall.  Caves andcatacombs are dangerous, confusing places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users