Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reverse swastika engraved in rock

Chris_com28

Does anyone know of a reverse swastika engraved in a rock that is said to be engraved in it when the rock was thousands of feet below the water? I heard about this on 'Scream Team' and I can't seem to find any information about it. I don't even know where it was found.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burgundy Johnson

• stillcrazy

• Cradle of Fish

• Wild-Eyes

Chris_com28,

Not sure of a particular find of a rock with a reverse swastika, but I do know that the reverse swastika was used by native americans long before hitler ever bastardized it.

Link to Indian symbols

post-69-1084137116.gif

Edited by stillcrazy

not just native americans actually. wasn't it a couple of different groups? the original swastika was a symbol for love, luck, and sorts of happy stuff.

speakin of swastikas, in the town where i live, there's an artists living here. this artist has changed his name to manwoman (i'm serious) and has almost his entire body covered in swastika tattoos. he tells people about the real meaning of the swastika before the nazis used it.

crazy thing about this manwoman guy, the japanese have bought his skin. they paid a couple million dollars for it. when he dies, the japanese will skin him and display his skin.

i'm aware that this sounds completely insane, but i swear on everything, it's true.

ive heard that the swastika was supposed to be a warped cross??? blink.gif

ive heard that the swastika was supposed to be a warped cross??? blink.gif

Umm, no. It was in use from at the earliest, 1000 B.C., long before the "cross", and was used in much of Europe and Asia.

As for the original post, I've never heard of that, but what is it supposed to mean to us?

hi,

in reply 2 the above mesg. regarding the reverse swastika :

it stands for one of the Indian Gods (Lord Ganesha) i shall attach the image if possible. shall it not appear here i am writing the URL www.sol.com.au/kor/11_02.htm scroll to the end of the page and check it out another on is www.himalayanacademy.com/books/lg/lg_ch-01.html

cheers !

Yeah we learned in school that indian culture used the swastica long long before the nazis got their grubby hands on it.

Wonder how thos illeducated neo-nazi skinheads feel about that lol.

oh sorry i didnt know that goodness lol i just said i heard that. crying.gifsad.gif

Not sure if I remember correctly, but the reverse swastika represents peace.. and then hitler flipped it to mean the opposite.

I'm aware of the meaning of the symbol itself.

Original poster: Does anyone know of a reverse swastika engraved in a rock that is said to be engraved in it when the rock was thousands of feet below the water?

What's a reverse swastika engraved underwater supposed to mean? I mean, what's the metaphysical significance of such a symbol being carved while underwater (assuming that part of the story is true)?

Here's an interesting site about the history of the swastika in Ukraine going back hundreds of years. It was painted and engraved in churches and used as a family coat of arms in the middle ages.

Swastika in Ukraine

Apparently the story goes that the Nazi swastika is actually in reverse and the original one is a budhist symbol for luck and invoking good spirits(I believe).

Hitler found out that if the Swastika is reversed it invokes either the devil or evil or something along those lines and he used it as the symbol for the Nazi party.

bah, the swastika was used by olden day christians too, most likely this is where Hitler got it from, looking to germany's aryan past for the perfect aryan symbol or some poop like that

I was pretty sure it was linked with Hitlers excursions to Tibet and the like.

but meh its just a symbol.

ive heard that hitler practiced dark magic (or his top agents did)...and also in hellboy the nazi's are practicing dark arts....does anyone know whether this is verified? oh and i read in a book that hitler was so hopped up on drugs and anphetamines (sp?) that he was erratic and depressed and clinically mad...i read this in "alien agenda" by jim marrs.

Edited by Joe013

Well, there is a stone called The Swastika Stone in the U.K. which is thought to be 3000 years old.

It is near Ilkley in West Yorkshire.

here is a site about it - check it out for the picture.

http://rupestre.net/tracce/swastika.html

Recently, Terry Deary, author of the Horrible Histories childrens books, has put forward a theory that it is an image of a throwing stick or boomerang, which would mean the British had invented them...I think Australia will be a bit peeved about that theory.

dont know about it being engraved underwater though...

I was told once that the swastika was a symbol of all good things, the four L's

Love, Life, Luck, Light.

A lot of cultures used it , the Romans, Greeks, Chinese and the North American Indians. It was found on Chinese coins dated from 315B.C the Mayans used it as well.

Just the fact that is known the world over, aside from Nazi use, tells us that there is a significant meaning. What it is I don't know, but it seems that mankind did at one time. Just add it to the list of forgotten knowledge in hopes that it will be added to the list of re-discoveries wink2.gif

The swastika, or the original mirror image of Hitler's swastika, is an ancient symbol of protection and has been used in various religions, occultism and philosophies as holy symbols, ogam, runes, etc. - its true origins will probably be forever unknown, as its likely its initial pictographic history predates civilization and written languages, as its a fairly simple symbol (4 lines in a + or cross, with 'tails') - this would be only a little less likely to get an answer than asking where the circle originated.

And yes, Hitler practiced, or at least made us of, the practice of occultism and symbology, whether from belief or taking advantage of superstitions or even "every little bit helps", he employed everything from mystics, psychics, fortune tellers and "magicians" and occultists, to paraphrasing the prophecies of Nostradamus to support his own claims (good thing nobody does that now, heh), and he did have a small branch of official nazi occultist operatives which studied paranormal and religious artifacts and material, including the Spear of Destiny, whic might be familiar to some of you. Apparently, either it was all for naught or he did it wrong. =) Most likely all that "bad stuff" coming back on him however-many fold it is, heh.

Edited by jpatt

if the swastika is what hitler butchered, then why is the reverse swastika called that when it actually appeared first??? blink.gif

I always thought that the swastika was an old greek symbol made up of four gammas or sumthing like that. Might hav been deltas.

The swastika with the tails in the opposite direction to the one the Nazis used is supposed to be the Sun, hence it spins clockwise, tails following the arms as motion streaks.

But as to who first used the symbol, who knows?

I know that it used to be used a lot in the occult etc. It definately meant goodluck or someting.

Ouija Boards pre ww2 had the swastika on them for goodluck and protection.

As to the swastika being underwater, it mayv'e been engraved and them flooded.

In china you have whole villages under water and religious temples/statues underwater.