Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

1952 RAF pilot UFO sighting revealed

ufo pilot

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

The details of an interesting UFO report from 1952 have been released:

One of the most tantalising ever accounts of an apparent encounter with a UFO – deemed so credible it apparently convinced a British minister – can be told for the first time.

http://www.telegraph...t-minister.html

#2    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Very interesting and further underlines the need for full disclosure by all world governments.  These 50 year old sightings are very convincing for many reasons, not least because they occurred at time when man made technology was not that advanced; it precludes the possibility of experimental craft.  In fact it's hard to imagine anything today flying that fits the description of the sighting.

Z

Posted Image

#3    nephilim12

nephilim12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm sorry Zoser, but i beg to differ on your statement, '50 year old sightings.'
It's all over the world since time immemorial, prehistoric days and i cite various evidences.
Cave paintings from the early paleolithic age, very clearly depict flying saucer shaped craft and helmeted beings, what look like modern day astronauts. Remarkably, cave paintings and stone from parts of Utah, USA, look strikingly similar to those found in Kimberley, Australia. Now we're talking 'cave man.'
There have also been many paintings during the middle ages down throughout history depicting saucer and cigar shaped objects flying in the sky.
You will even find such paintings in the Sistine Chapel, at the Vatican. One such painting depicts a UFO emitting a ray of light that touches the forehead of the Virgin Mary. The painting is dated sometime 16th century.
A list of such paintings and sightings.
'The Baptism of Christ' painted by Aert De Gelder in 1710 depicting a classic hovering saucer shaped flying craft.
'The Crucifixion' painted in Kosovo, Yugoslavia in 1350, the painting now lying at the altar of the Visoki Decani Monastery.
'The Madonna with Saint Givannino' painted in the 15th Century.
'The Annunciation' painted in 1486.
'The Notabillia Temporum' by Angelo de Tummulillis in 1465 depicting a flaming cigar shaped flying object. In fact the caption read 'something like a sort of weapon rose with a great noise and soared into the sky.'
In fact, the first official recognition of a UFO sighting was made way back in 1900 by President Teddy Roosevelt in an officially recorded photograph showing a UFO in Wyoming.
Please do your personal thing on these historical events. Quite amazing.
Really shows how less skeptics know about historical records actually. In fact, i'm inclined to think all skeptics usually think UFO's are just modern hoaxes by pranksters.
I accept the hoaxes and misrepresentations. But on a scale of 1 - 100, all 100 cannot be false.

#4    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Good post Nephilim! :tu:

#5    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

It always astonishes me how leading scientists like Lord Cherwell could be so obtuse about this subject, denying that these pilots had seen just what they claimed to be seeing.  Perhaps this subject was just too big for them and they had trouble wrapping their minds around the idea that something more adavanced than present-day technology was really flying around up there.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#6    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

And I think that this report by Project Condign in 2000 had it just about right, since investogations in the U.S. and other countries have come to similar conclusiions over the years:

"'That (UFOs) exist is indisputable. Credited with the ability to hover, land, take-off, accelerate to exceptional velocities and vanish, they can reportedly alter their direction of flight suddenly and clearly can exhibit aerodynamic characteristics well beyond those of any known aircraft of missile – either manned or unmanned."
It went on that, although they existed, UFOs presented no threat to defence.'"

I don't think that they can all be attributed to plasmas, although some of them certainly can.

http://www.telegraph...s-to-Earth.html

Whether they are a threat or not remains to be seen, although at times the military has reacted against them in a very hostile manner, especially during the Cold War.

#7    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

How can they deduce that "they are no threat to defence" if they can outfly anything we have up there?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#8    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Ok this is typical gremlin prank here!

The creature must have been standing on the guys shoulder without him noticing him holding a wooden stick with a string, waving a little ufo in front of him!

I can see it now!!

hehehe ;)

Posted Image

#9    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

View Postnephilim12, on 27 May 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I'm sorry Zoser, but i beg to differ on your statement, '50 year old sightings.'
It's all over the world since time immemorial, prehistoric days and i cite various evidences.
Cave paintings from the early paleolithic age, very clearly depict flying saucer shaped craft and helmeted beings, what look like modern day astronauts. Remarkably, cave paintings and stone from parts of Utah, USA, look strikingly similar to those found in Kimberley, Australia. Now we're talking 'cave man.'
There have also been many paintings during the middle ages down throughout history depicting saucer and cigar shaped objects flying in the sky.
You will even find such paintings in the Sistine Chapel, at the Vatican. One such painting depicts a UFO emitting a ray of light that touches the forehead of the Virgin Mary. The painting is dated sometime 16th century.
A list of such paintings and sightings.
'The Baptism of Christ' painted by Aert De Gelder in 1710 depicting a classic hovering saucer shaped flying craft.
'The Crucifixion' painted in Kosovo, Yugoslavia in 1350, the painting now lying at the altar of the Visoki Decani Monastery.
'The Madonna with Saint Givannino' painted in the 15th Century.
'The Annunciation' painted in 1486.
'The Notabillia Temporum' by Angelo de Tummulillis in 1465 depicting a flaming cigar shaped flying object. In fact the caption read 'something like a sort of weapon rose with a great noise and soared into the sky.'
In fact, the first official recognition of a UFO sighting was made way back in 1900 by President Teddy Roosevelt in an officially recorded photograph showing a UFO in Wyoming.
Please do your personal thing on these historical events. Quite amazing.
Really shows how less skeptics know about historical records actually. In fact, i'm inclined to think all skeptics usually think UFO's are just modern hoaxes by pranksters.
I accept the hoaxes and misrepresentations. But on a scale of 1 - 100, all 100 cannot be false.

…no one of the authors of these web sites takes into account the symbolic meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period. Worst of all, by considering these elements as the representation of something real or really seen by the artist, they assume that the artist, eg. an Italian artist of the ‘400 [likely translation error--should be "1400s] or an anonymous Byzantine painter, [would] actually be allowed to insert any non canonical or un-codified element into a religious representation. On the contrary, in past times the commissioners (those who choose the subject and supervised the execution of the art work – in these cases the religious institutions) would have never allowed the [artist] to insert into a work of art anything other than what previously decided, especially in case of religious subjects.

In other words, everything in Roman Catholic religious paintings had to be approved by the Church before any public display could be allowed. The local Cardinal would have questioned everything in the work, and if the artist just happened to have seen or heard of shiny flying plates didn’t mean that he could put them in his painting.

http://www.ufomystic...-old-paintings/

You may want to re-address the validity of those 'historical records' that those ignorant skeptics are so unaware of.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 27 May 2012 - 06:30 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#10    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think the last paragraph of the article summed up my position on this matter rather succinctly.

Dr Clarke, who is sceptic on UFO issues, said: "There is absolutely no doubt that something was seen by Hughes. He is not making this up. But the only honest position to take is that we don't know what it was. But there could be some sort of scientific explanation, before you start jumping to conclusions about alien visitors."

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#11    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

lol nice try to gain fame

#12    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Postcsspwns, on 27 May 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

lol nice try to gain fame

If so, the guy never even got his 15 minutes worth, at least not until after he was dead!

#13    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

An interesting side note is the alleged work of the Horten brothers who had supposedly developed a flying disk. This disc was used by the USSR to introduce a sense of fear into the western alliance as the USSR did not have a comparable atomic bomb at that time. Does make for a fanciful tale almost as uncanny as that of an alien derived UFO.
http://www.npr.org/2...fos-or-the-ussr

#14    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 28 May 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

An interesting side note is the alleged work of the Horten brothers who had supposedly developed a flying disk. This disc was used by the USSR to introduce a sense of fear into the western alliance as the USSR did not have a comparable atomic bomb at that time. Does make for a fanciful tale almost as uncanny as that of an alien derived UFO.
http://www.npr.org/2...fos-or-the-ussr

This particular UFO was a little too advanced for 1952 standards, although I have no dobt that some of the big "mystery" surrounding some UFO reports is just a cover for secret military projects and tests.  Not all of them, though.

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,441 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I reckon it was a "Foo Fighter",seen by quite a lot of Allied and German Pilots and Crews,during the WW2.

Also tagged with ufo, pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users