Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

NocturnalWatcher

Try this. Take a stack of coins (around five will do), and two circles of card the same diameter as the coins. Now, take two elastic bands and band the whole lot in a stack, with the cardboard top and bottom. Glue one end to the bottom of the glass that you intend to use on the ouija board. Place your fingers on the other cardboard disc. Use your ouija board as normal. You WILL find that the glass moves as normal, but, the coin stack will lean in the direction of the travel of the glass. Proving beyond doubt that the glass is being pushed by the people using the board, not pulled ( the coin stack in this instance would lean away from direction of travel if it were being pulled by invisible forces) If you are using the pendulum method, blindfold the person holding the pendulum and get them to use the ouija board as normal. Then without them noticing, substitute the board for a tv guide. the pendulum will continue to move. The ouija board does not work. It is a toy, nothing more.

Edited by voiceofreason
  • Like 2

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.

i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i ur own?

is there an easier way tocontact a demon or spirit?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

Go for it. They're available in the toy aisle at Target.

(that should tell you something)

I do not advise buying a Ouija board, but if you do, here is some advice.

Do not ask the ghosts you are talking to through the Ouija board to do things such as knock or touch you. That could allow the spirit to come out of the board.

If the planchette makes a figure-eight, moves to the four corners of the board, or counts down, place the planchette on "Goodbye." and do not touch the board. If the planchette makes a figure-eight or moves to the four corners of the board, it means that you have contacted an evil spirit. If it counts down, it means that the spirit is trying to come out of the board.

Do not use the Ouija board if you are sick. Do not use the Ouija board if it's only you.

Spirits can lie, so don't believe everything they tell you.

Be kind to the spirit.

Do not ask about the future.

If you ever decide to destroy the board, do not burn it. Tear it into seven pieces and bury it. Don't throw it away. The Ouija board could come back.

Is there a manual for this information or.....?

Indeed.

Actually, Ouija boards have been sold at kids' stores for many years. It's not a recent thing.

I agree that the powers of the unseen spirit world could be deceptive and evil, but a Ouija board never has and never will have any kind of connection to ghosts/spirits/demons.

This is a dangerous form of spiritist and divination. It is my belief that there is a whole spirit-verse bound to the Earth that is overwhelmingly malignant and evil. The ouija board opens communication with this Earth-bound malignant spirits and their only purpose is to mislead and deceive the gullible and naive.

Is there a manual for this information or.....?

All of this world-wide angst about kids and guns and lo and behold we're selling such a hellish device right in the toy aisle of almost every major retailer on the planet.

Shocking.

Until you can remove ANY human interaction with a ouija board or any other divining device there will always be the likely manipulation by the users themselves. Whether it is intentional or not does not matter. Since I know of no verified example of a ouija moving itself I would venture that they do nothing except look rather spiffy in a spooky bad movie sort of way.

Do a search for the number of people who have died since Homo sapiens came about (I know I have posted this before and I apologize but it does give you something to think about when it comes to ghosts). Depending on where you get your numbers it should be something like 106 or 107 BILLION people have lived and died. Take a small percentage of those and you will see (depending on what you suppose the chances are of someone becoming a ghost) that there should be MILLIONS of ghosts, at least. Yet many have never encountered them and they seemingly cannot be studied in any sort of scientific way. With numbers like those I cannot imagine how we do not see ghosts virtually every day. JMO.

Until you can remove ANY human interaction with a ouija board or any other divining device there will always be the likely manipulation by the users themselves. Whether it is intentional or not does not matter. Since I know of no verified example of a ouija moving itself I would venture that they do nothing except look rather spiffy in a spooky bad movie sort of way.

Do a search for the number of people who have died since Homo sapiens came about (I know I have posted this before and I apologize but it does give you something to think about when it comes to ghosts). Depending on where you get your numbers it should be something like 106 or 107 BILLION people have lived and died. Take a small percentage of those and you will see (depending on what you suppose the chances are of someone becoming a ghost) that there should be MILLIONS of ghosts, at least. Yet many have never encountered them and they seemingly cannot be studied in any sort of scientific way. With numbers like those I cannot imagine how we do not see ghosts virtually every day. JMO.

Because they are not monks that should sit in the same place in a temple. There are a whole oceans and space out there not yet discovered.

This is a dangerous form of spiritist and divination. It is my belief that there is a whole spirit-verse bound to the Earth that is overwhelmingly malignant and evil. The ouija board opens communication with this Earth-bound malignant spirits and their only purpose is to mislead and deceive the gullible and naive.

A little board that was made in a factory can't in any way access any kind of spirit world. It wasn't until people started screaming, "it opens portals for demons!" that people started to become afraid of Ouija boards. Then add to the fact that Hollywood began using them in demonic horror movies. It was originally a novelty toy. I'm sure if someone started to say that if you built a hot-wheels track in a circle and then drove the little cars fast enough that you'd open a portal for evil spirits to enter and exit out of, chances are people would eventually believe it.

• Like 1

Because they are not monks that should sit in the same place in a temple. There are a whole oceans and space out there not yet discovered.

Man...a ghost must have to be pretty low on the totem pole to be assigned to the bottom of the ocean to haunt. is there some kind of spiritual pecking order that decides who gets the cool spooky houses? :rolleyes:

*edited to add...................Ouija boards are BS.

Edited by Fstop
  • Like 1

Man...a ghost must have to be pretty low on the totem pole to be assigned to the bottom of the ocean to haunt. is there some kind of spiritual pecking order that decides who gets the cool spooky houses? :rolleyes:

Scaring fish for eternity could be pretty fun! :P

• Like 1

If I believed in ghosts and were to end up as one, I guess I'd rather scare people. Seems like a lot of them crap their pants and come to sites like these whenever they think they see one. That seems like fun.

It might look like fun and games to get a spook, but to the demons it is a twisted vulgar play you couldn't imagine.. Playing with fire will only get you burned.

Edited by NikkiAidyn

It might look like fun and games to get a spook, but to the demons it is a twisted vulgar play you couldn't imagine.. Playing with fire will only get you burned.

Because it is a game. That's why it was originally sold as a game and still is sold as a game. But if you could elaborate as to why demons are so attracted to Ouija boards, I'll gladly hear it.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I trust you've started this topic looking for some genuine feedback as to the direction you should take. While I cannot make the decision for you, I can give you my experiences with the paranormal world, and dealing with ouiji boards in general, in the end, do what you feel is best for you, nothing more.

My first experience with a ouiji board came when I was fifteen years old. I was a counselor at a summer camp in Maine. This camp sat on very, very old land, so it had many stories of ghosts and hauntings to tell other counselors and campers alike. One night, myself and four other counselors had the night off from duty, and one of them mentioned that he had a ouiji board with him back at his cabin. Four of us were very much into believing in spirits, and one girl was a very staunch skeptic.

We all agreed to meet in the camp's dining hall which was a very large log cabin that could seat up to 500 people. We all met on the second floor balcony region where a large grand piano was kept. We used the piano as our table, and lit a single candle. Nothing much happened for the first thirty minutes or so of questions. Truthfully I can't even remember the answers we were getting. What I do remember though, and this incident has stuck with me ever since, is the one girl who was with us, the skeptic, was getting tired and bored of the whole process. She wanted to end the session and go to bed, so before we even closed the session properly, she lifted the planchette off the board. This is one thing you should NEVER do. It is believed by many that if you lift the planchette off the board before properly closing a session, you release whatever spirit or spirits you may have contacted into our world.

The second she lifted it off the board, all five of us sitting there heard the most blood-curdling, high-pitched scream I have ever heard in my entire life. None of us could figure out the source of the scream. It seemed to come from every direction around us at the same time. While I can say nothing else happened that night, that scream is something I can still hear vividly when I think of that night.

The second experience, I was eighteen and a freshman in college. Some years earlier a student at that college had killed herself by jumping off the roof of the dorm I was living in. So, on Halloween night of all nights, myself and three others decided it would be a fun idea to try and contact this girl, to see why she had decided to take her own life. The session lasted about 40 minutes in the common area of the top floor of our dorm. We had lit a circle of acandles around the board just to add to the atmosphere of the whole thing.

As our questons came, we realized within the first ten minutes that we had not contacted the girl, but we were getting responses from a man. At one point the session got a little odd when we asked if he had come forth for any particular reason. We asked four times, and each time the response we recieved was "Cannot tell you now." The strangest thing though was when we closed the session. As we closed and said goodbye, our last response was "No candles." and all at once our candles were snuffed out.

Those are the only two times I have used a ouiji board. My advice to you is simply to know what you're doing. Since my last experience with a ouiji board, I had relaized I simply did not know enough of the spiritual world at that time. I was unaware of what types of spirits I was inviting in and dealing with. Read as much as you can on any and all paranormal topics, and try and strengthen yourself to the differences between benign spirits and demonic spirits. It is my experience in paranormal research and investigations, that demonic spirirts will gladly attempt to attach themselves to you if you leave yourself open.

If you want to work with a ouiji board, I would advise you NOT to openly seek out a demonic spirit. They will not leave you alone easily once you get their attention. Be sure to say a prayer of protection before you open those doors. I say this only on the basis of things I have experienced and do not claim to be 100% right in the things I am telling you to do.

I hope this helps.

Sorry but there is absolutely zero real evidence that either ghost or demons exist. Of course there are many anecdotal stories out there but both ghosts and demons require some sort of faith to believe in. With all of the stories of Ouija boards and demons it seems that there should be more than spooky stories and ominous yet vague warnings of dire consequences if they are used. There have been millions of these boards sold. Statistically there should be demons popping up all over the place. Everyone, nearly, should personally know some with pea soup puke and 360 degree head rotation.

JMO.

A little board that was made in a factory can't in any way access any kind of spirit world. It wasn't until people started screaming, "it opens portals for demons!" that people started to become afraid of Ouija boards. Then add to the fact that Hollywood began using them in demonic horror movies. It was originally a novelty toy. I'm sure if someone started to say that if you built a hot-wheels track in a circle and then drove the little cars fast enough that you'd open a portal for evil spirits to enter and exit out of, chances are people would eventually believe it.

Ouija boards have had different forms some existed in ancient times. So, no, it is not simply a game it is a tool used to channel spirits and communicate with them.

Because it is a game. That's why it was originally sold as a game and still is sold as a game. But if you could elaborate as to why demons are so attracted to Ouija boards, I'll gladly hear it.

Sure it is marketed as a game but it still serves the same purposes as its ancient progenitors of spirit writing or automatic writing. The reason demons are attracted to this mediumistic writing is because the user requests a spirit to divine for them. Divination in any form is expressively forbidden in the Scriptures because one can find themselves entangled with malevolent spirits. IMO, malevolent spirits are the earth-bound spirits, the principalities and powers here upon the earth. Now I am going to go out on a limb here but I believe that celestial angelic spirits can traverse both heaven and earth. But I also believe other spirits God bound to the earth. This form of divination is a dangerous method of access through a user by these malevolent spirits that perhaps will take on any role or personality in order deceive this individual. Maybe they will pose as an ancient wise shaman, maybe they will pose as a dead relative, maybe they will pose as a famous personality, maybe they will pose as someone participated in a famous piece of history, maybe this spirit will divine fortunes and by that ultimately gain captive the will of the user by tickling their ears who become enslaved to their ouija board and its new found host, perhaps somethings will come true and there will be confirmations along the way but it will not lead to a good nor happy end. Atop of that, this could lead to many unpleasant activity in the user's life and their suffering will grow worse and worse that they will require a ministrial deliverance.

I saw some ghost show a few years back and this lady swore she had a ghost in her pantry - I'm thinking, "what a **** place to haunt for all eternity". I can hear the ghost now, "OK, so if they touch the unopened pickle jar, I'm cool. But if they go for the Triscuits, I'm going all Poltergeist on their asses".

• Like 2

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.

i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i ur own?

is there an easier way tocontact a demon or spirit?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

Go for it,find out firsthand what it's like,BUT,Dont come running to this forum and ask for help when you find you cant get what ever you called or talked too out the house,Na go ahead and come back,that way we can laugh at what happened,then someone if they are nice enough to help you out, Im tired of helping people who I tell not to do something but it gets done anyway,and it not just here in this forum .Oh well.let us know what happens,but youll be back and Ill say "I TOLD YOU SO". Edited by The Unseen

Go for it,find out firsthand what it's like,BUT,Dont come running to this forum and ask for help when you find you cant get what ever you called or talked too out the house,Na go ahead and come back,that way we can laugh at what happened,then someone if they are nice enough to help you out, Im tired of helping people who I tell not to do something but it gets done anyway,and it not just here in this forum .Oh well.let us know what happens,but youll be back and Ill say "I TOLD YOU SO".

Wow, and folks around here say that my fellow skeptics and I are ass hats.

I notice my previous post is being ignored. Probably because it proves that ouija boards don't work, and never will. Try it if you don't believe me. The glass only moves when someone moves it. You cannot contact spirits with these things, they are just toys.

I saw some ghost show a few years back and this lady swore she had a ghost in her pantry - I'm thinking, "what a **** place to haunt for all eternity". I can hear the ghost now, "OK, so if they touch the unopened pickle jar, I'm cool. But if they go for the Triscuits, I'm going all Poltergeist on their asses".

Shows like that never really address the question - why the hell would a ghost WANT to haunt a pantry? Or anyplace for that matter. The house I live in - according to my brother is supposedly haunted. I've never heard or seen a thing that couldn't be explained by mundane everyday occurances.

I personally believe that ghosts exist - though only in the minds of those who believe in them. Which is fine I suppose. I mean what harm is there in believing in something imaginary? Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy.....all these imaginary concepts make life more fun and interesting. Ghosts are the same.

I notice my previous post is being ignored. Probably because it proves that ouija boards don't work, and never will. Try it if you don't believe me. The glass only moves when someone moves it. You cannot contact spirits with these things, they are just toys.

Your suggestion towards debunking the ouija board seems ingenius. But really proves nothing, as yes, there will be those friends out to prank or hoax their friends.

But to the individual that uses the ouija board frequently and believe it is indeed real, those are the ones that are endangered for demonic activity. The ouija board only requires one person to participate afterall. Even those that use the ouija board as a party gag, they may open themselves up to malevolent spirits. They too may find their lives torn apart at the seams due to personal misfortunes and calamities.

Just wanted to sum up my thoughts on ouija boards, people fear the ouija board for a very specific reason: demonic oppression.

• Like 1

What it proves, is that the glass is pushed, by the people using the board, not pulled, as it would be if a spirit were involved. This will happen every time.

• Like 1