Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#6496    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,596 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Everything "rings" when you suspend it and beat on it.

Even soft items like clay and your butt.

This is another thing I mentioned earlier in this thread.

It's called the resonant frequency.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#6497    Harte

Harte

• 8,596 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ringing = resonance = mechanical stress = piezo = voltage = DYOR
Ringing = resonance = mechanical stress and it ends there

piezo produces no voltage so  DYOR

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#6498    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Because the quartz crystals in granite are separated by highly insulative feldspar crystals which prevent any current produced by the quartz to conduct electricity out of the material. Granite is about 80% insulative material. That's why piezoelectric devices like microphones use 100% raw quartz.

I disagree.  It depends entirely on the stresses involved which in all likelihood were monumental.  This could have excited the quartz to produce immense voltages.

http://www.gizapyram...m/chrisdunn.htm

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Then it would be very easy to measure the electricity generated by it, wouldn't it? You're still at zero volts.

Here's another version of the electricity generation idea taking into account the lower chambers.

http://harunyahya.co...s-hidden-in-the

Posted Image

#6499    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Nothing disproves the idea that mechanically resonating granite cannot create the piezo effect.

Wrong. The insulative properties of granite prevent any voltage created by that effect from being released from the material. Take an ohm meter to your granite countertop and you'll see it has infinite resistance: it does not conduct electricity. That's why you'll never get a measurable voltage out of granite no mater how hard you pound it.

Something that produces electricity must have an efficient way of conducting that electricity out of the material. Piezoelectric devices like microphones and shock sensors (often used in burglar alarms) place a conductive metal plate over a very thin layer of piezoelectric material. It has to be thin because it doesn't conduct electricity very well.

Huge blocks of granite are highly insulative to electricity.

#6500    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Wrong. The insulative properties of granite prevent any voltage created by that effect from being released from the material. Take an ohm meter to your granite countertop and you'll see it has infinite resistance: it does not conduct electricity. That's why you'll never get a measurable voltage out of granite no mater how hard you pound it.

Pounding isn't the same as sustained resonance.

Posted Image

#6501    Harte

Harte

• 8,596 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

The granite in the upper chamber of the GP is partially isolated from the core masonry.  The so called relieving chambers above the upper chamber comprise of immense granite beams, (70 tonnes) rough hewn not properly finished as we see in the upper chamber alluding to the idea that the beams had granite systematically removed in an attempt to tune them in the same way that metal is removed from a bell when it is tuned.
Or, alternatively, they might have been shaped flat because they wanted it a little fancier in the actual burial vault than they cared to make it in a series of chambers never meant to be occupied that were only included in order to distribute the weight above the King's Chamber toward the walls so that it didn't collapse the chamber's roof.

Your logic here is similar to me stating that the interiors of my home's walls (where the studs are) not being painted proves that whoever built the place was trying to "tune" the sheetrock for maximum pixie output.

The earth has a natural vibratory frequency somewhere in the range of 8Hz.
No it doesn't.  That's the Schumann resonance frequency - the fundamental one - and is the resonance of Earth's electromagnetic field.

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

The pyramids large ground area would make the building susceptible to these vibrations which if tuning conditions were perfect would cause the granite to ring or resonate.

The Schumann frequencies have nothing to do with physical motion, other than wave motion in the Earth's own electromagnetic field.  This wave motion takes place between the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.

It's actually a very interesting subject and phenomenon, but only if you take a few minutes to understand it.

Obviously, such is beyond your capabilities or interests, since you make a claim here that the Schumann resonancies are physical vibration.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 04 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#6502    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

delete.

@#$$% thing's eating my links when I try to edit.

Edited by Oniomancer, 04 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6503    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I disagree.  It depends entirely on the stresses involved which in all likelihood were monumental.  This could have excited the quartz to produce immense voltages.

Which would have never conducted past the other insulative materials that exist in granite. These materials make up about 80% of granite.

No one has been able to generate any piezoelectric energy from granite. It's one of nature's worst conductors. If you want to create electricity from it, you'd have more luck smashing it up and extracting the granite crystals from it.

#6504    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Electric Arc Furnaces

Electric arc furnaces are often used in large steel foundries and steel mills. The metal is charged into the furnace, with additives to make recovery of slag easier, and heat to melt the metal is produced with an electric arc from three carbon or granite electrodes. The electric arc furnace is lined with refractories which slowly decompose and are removed with slag. Electric arc furnaces also usually employ air emissions equipment to capture most air pollution.

http://infohouse.p2r...78/chapter3.htm

Better let them know.

Arc electrodes are slowly consumed and have to be replaced, and we've already established that granite has a low flame resistance.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6505    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostHarte, on 04 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Obviously, such is beyond your capabilities or interests, since you make a claim here that the Schumann resonancies are physical vibration.

Harte

No.  The earth has a natural vibration.  It's here:

http://everything2.c...h%27s frequency

Posted Image

#6506    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Pounding isn't the same as sustained resonance.

Correct. Pounding will create a much stronger piezoelectric effect.

#6507    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 04 February 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Arc electrodes are slowly consumed and have to be replaced, and we've already established that granite has a low flame resistance.

I believe you.  I thought the electrode information was a nice tie up.  That's all.

Posted Image

#6508    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Correct. Pounding will create a much stronger piezoelectric effect.

Really?  Resonance has proved to be a most incredibly powerful force to the point of being devastating.  I'm sure you are aware of the examples from modern times as well as history.

It's just this I believe that damaged the GP some time in antiquity.  Some disruption to the natural working state of the machine caused by tremors were most probably the cause.

Edited by zoser, 04 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

#6509    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 February 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

No.  The earth has a natural vibration.  It's here:

http://everything2.c...h%27s frequency

Where is the "NASA" study that the link is quoting? It's likely this poster has simply misinterpreted it since he also believes that gravity is beginning to fail and that atoms and the entire universe have "consciousness".

#6510    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Where is the "NASA" study that the link is quoting? It's likely this poster has simply misinterpreted it since he also believes that gravity is beginning to fail and that atoms and the entire universe have "consciousness".

Tied in with magnetic pole shifts?  Lots of research going into that at the moment.

Posted Image