Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Anti-Gay Hoax

Wendigo Wangs

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/customers-claim-they-did-leave-tip--did-not-leave-note-for-server-144714897.html

Waitress claims family left her no tip and wrote an anti-gay message for her to read. Turns out, family saved their receipt and can prove that the waitress lied to the media and that there was no anti-gay message at all.

This is just another supposed anti-gay attack, message or threat that has turned out to be a hoax.

You may not be counting, but I am.

Gay man trashes own house, writes anti-gay slurs on wall:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19941222&slug=1948682

Gay man burns himself, blames others

http://www.rightwingnews.com/civil-rights/anti-homosexual-hate-crime-at-unc-was-yet-another-hoax/

Lesbian woman carves slurs into her own flesh

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nebraska-lesbian-claimed-hate-crime-attack-charged-hoax-article-1.1141775

Lesbian woman spray-paints slurs on own home

http://wweek.com/portland/article-3799-the_perfect_victim.html

Lesbian couple spray-paints own garage

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/lesbian-couple-charged-staging-hate-crime-164243835--abc-news-topstories.html

There are dozens of these that have been found to be hoaxes.

What does it mean? You decide.

Attention seeking. I would assume the number of hoaxes are higher for heterosexuals.

• Like 1

considering the reality that most of lgbt people face, i'd say it "proves" that there are a few people who need attention, and that this does nothing to change anything else.

but hey, rather than doing this whole dishonest "what do you think" thing, why don't you just tell us what you think?

• Like 4

Attention seeking. I would assume the number of hoaxes are higher for heterosexuals.

considering the reality that most of lgbt people face, i'd say it "proves" that there are a few people who need attention, and that this does nothing to change anything else.

but hey, rather than doing this whole dishonest "what do you think" thing, why don't you just tell us what you think?

attention whores

You all had to go and ruin a good ole fashion hate thread with your reasonable thoughts and responses :w00t:

• Like 3

oh, poor people. I wonder why they are doing it. counseling needed, i guess. perhaps this isnt something that gays do. perhaps there are many people acting this way but it happens to be on news when a gay person does it?

oh, poor people. I wonder why they are doing it. counseling needed, i guess. perhaps this isnt something that gays do. perhaps there are many people acting this way but it happens to be on news when a gay person does it?

I think it would make the news either way (whether it was someone who is gay or not), local news stations are always looking for stories, and her initial story made national news because of the hot button topic of homosexuality in the U.S. This is making the news because it is discrediting that story, and rightfully so I might add. Liars, in my opinion, should be outed. We're seeing the same with our President and a lie he told four years ago.

This thread, I suspect, wasn't started to reveal a liar, or liars in general. The OP seems to be implying that homosexual=liar, based on anecdotal cases he can find.

• Like 1

I think it would make the news either way (whether it was someone who is gay or not), local news stations are always looking for stories, and her initial story made national news because of the hot button topic of homosexuality in the U.S. This is making the news because it is discrediting that story, and rightfully so I might add. Liars, in my opinion, should be outed. We're seeing the same with our President and a lie he told four years ago.

This thread, I suspect, wasn't started to reveal a liar, or liars in general. The OP seems to be implying that homosexual=liar, based on anecdotal cases he can find.

Everybody is a liar to some degree. :) if somebody s burning himself and saying somebody else did it there sure is some big problem there beyond somebody telling a lie. Sounds like much more deep rooted problems.

Anyone think she will be charged with a crime?

I'm not sure what crimes are on the books for telling a lie like this. It's not perjury, and I don't see how it could be libel/slander, as she didn't name anyone. I'm not a lawyer though.

Also, there is the chance that a coworker did this to her, and that she was being honest with the information she had. We'll find out if the investigation by the restaurant makes the news.

Everybody is a liar to some degree. :) if somebody s burning himself and saying somebody else did it there sure is some big problem there beyond somebody telling a lie. Sounds like much more deep rooted problems.

I would agree, everyone has lied. I see no problem with outing the lie though.

Sometimes I wonder if the restaurants themselves aren't behind some of these - great publicity that I'm sure leads to many nights of filled seats from folks "doing the right thing".

• Like 3

"Another Anti Gay Hoax " -- To the original poster... um... do you think there is some sort of gay militant conspiracy going on to go around the country making up stories?

We've all seen the bible thumpers and gay bashers agenda AGAINST gay people (for decades, now) slowly crumble and diminish into nothing... it has been happening more rapidly than ever before though.

Guess what? Sometimes gay and lesbians lie and have issues too. Shocker!!

I suppose it just makes them humans, multi-faceted, flawed, and just part of being alive.

Stupid thing to do, and it doesn't help her overall cause but people tend to do stupid and selfish things at times. r

It should have never been a news story to begin with. It was only designed to incite hate and mistrust...

Is it possible that the couple doctored their receipt after this story became popular?

Could they have filled in the tip on their copy? Could the waitress create a copy that shows no tip?

Is it possible that the couple doctored their receipt after this story became popular?

Could they have filled in the tip on their copy? Could the waitress create a copy that shows no tip?

Thought that at first to, but the couple showed a credit card bill with the same amount as their recipe. It could be a case where a third party is involved, like a co-worker who caused this problem.