Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#496    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

View Postredhen, on 20 April 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

This is what the Israelis do, and it works very well. No point targeting grandmothers, infants and other non-threatening people and concentrate on those identifiable groups that are. And no, the idea of internments camps is just a fallacious slippery slope argument.
Israel is the most militarized nation on the planet.  If everyone wasted resources on militancy like that we'd have a dead planet in record time because when all you've got are hammers, all the problems start to look like nails.  If that isn't already bad enough, surrounding 800,000 children in an open-air concentration camp is hardly not-targeting grandmothers and non-threatening people.  Got any per-capita costs on what Israel pays for "security"?   I'd put money down on the table it's the highest in the world.   Gotta build another apartment building and shopping mall on that ancient holy land or burial site after all.   There's big money flowing into keeping the consumers safe from the angry.

Every police department in the country profiles, don't let all that do-goodie liberal crap from the media convince you otherwise.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#497    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,306 posts

• ראה

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 20 April 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

I'm happy they caught the bad guy, but shutting down the entire city was almost as bad as what the bomber did. What will they do if several cities are bombed, shut down the country? This is the best advertising for terrorism I could imagine. Look how easy it was to cause complete and utter chaos, and to lock everyone in their homes. The entire city of Boston went to jail for a day!

What this incident reveals, is the danger of the state to our freedom, far more than the danger of the occasional terrorist.

The bad guys know us, and they leave us a lone? After the way this was handled, don't count on it. The smoke signal reads, "their freedom goes poof! when ya blow on it."

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#498    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

^

No way! This was just the same as shutting the shutters and doors and staying indoor before the shootout @ Dodge @ high noon.

That is not a suspension of freedom but simple common sense.

#499    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,437 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

I guess they are saying another country warned the FBI of the older brother having ties to extremists.

http://www.foxnews.c...uspect-in-2011/

Edited by docyabut2, 20 April 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#500    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,891 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Very probably the FBI and Homeland security went over everything they could find on EVERYONE that showed up on video and pictures from that time and place. It would be simply STUPID to assume that the FBI just went, "Durr... Let's just look for Muslims... Durrr..."

That would be an incredibly stupid way to perform an investigation. If the paperwork ever becomes public, I'll bet that a thousand people had a workup done on them. And these two simply rang more bells and raised more flags than anyone else.

Edited by DieChecker, 20 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#501    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,668 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 20 April 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

But I consider your view as the barbaric throwback that will harm my family.

Just as barbaric as the view of the terrorists which you enable or even create.

I consider you and them (terrorists) the same (and equally part of the problem) and I know that there are others over there who think like me but it is the terrorist view and yours (very related imo) that gets more airtime because you both yell louder and use stronger language than us.
Then I suggest you are willing to die on your knees and there is no help for you.  I live my life day to day in a manner where I hurt no one.  But you will excuse my unwillingness to trust someone who OPENLY tells me they want to destroy my way of life.  That is foolishness.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#502    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,668 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 20 April 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

struck you first ? ... in which  reality ?
your opinion sounds like crusade more than unwilling to accept things forced on you
wanna go back to 911 ? who done it ? Al-Quada right ? who made them to fight the soviot union ? usa no ?
usa did not get struck first usa struck them thousands times before getting struck
.. just to clear facts up the most high terrorism sect is your own doing
if you wanna blame some one .. blame your goverment for making Al-Qada to fight soviots

while am really supportive of people resistance of anything forced on them and have any right to do so
but keep in mind that so do we  have that right
i see no invasion on usa i only see couple of bearly mature kids that easily got fooled into doing something stupid
and they're going to pay for what they did
but to generalize " us " as enemies .. not even your goverment would dare to say so
i see no muslims putting sword to your neck and telling you how to live as a general pattern
so i honestly think you need to clear your head on this one and think logically
You have a right to defend yourselves surely but you have NO right to an ideology that DEMANDS that others believe the same way you do.  That is at the heart of this  evil that infects the world today.  My country is surely flawed but to say America DESERVES what happened on 9-11 is offensive.  Perhaps now you will blame America for the mind numbing viciousness your own people are committing against their neighbors in Syria?  Is that our fault as well?  And your world is a grim one if what was done in Boston seems like the action of a "couple of kids".  They lived in that community for 10 years and placed a bomb next to a child with no more concern than if they were playing some game.  If 10000 Muslim children were killed before this it still does not justify what THEY individually did.  Hate is hate, no matter who engages in it.  And I don't generalize anyone as an enemy - they have to either prove it to me OR they have to admit it.  As the facts come out (probably from social media) it is going to become abundantly clear what these two "kids" believed and who they blamed for their problems.  KoS could YOU set a bomb down next to an 8 year old and just walk away?  Because from all I have read from you over the past year I would swear you couldn't.  Not even if his parents were your enemy.

#503    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postand then, on 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

You have a right to defend yourselves surely but you have NO right to an ideology that DEMANDS that others believe the same way you do.  That is at the heart of this  evil that infects the world today.  My country is surely flawed but to say America DESERVES what happened on 9-11 is offensive.  Perhaps now you will blame America for the mind numbing viciousness your own people are committing against their neighbors in Syria?  Is that our fault as well?  And your world is a grim one if what was done in Boston seems like the action of a "couple of kids".  They lived in that community for 10 years and placed a bomb next to a child with no more concern than if they were playing some game.  If 10000 Muslim children were killed before this it still does not justify what THEY individually did.  Hate is hate, no matter who engages in it.  And I don't generalize anyone as an enemy - they have to either prove it to me OR they have to admit it.  As the facts come out (probably from social media) it is going to become abundantly clear what these two "kids" believed and who they blamed for their problems.  KoS could YOU set a bomb down next to an 8 year old and just walk away?  Because from all I have read from you over the past year I would swear you couldn't.  Not even if his parents were your enemy.
i think you misunderstand my post
i never wanted to justify those two kids actions
i only countered your claim that you were struck first .. and i also never said usa deserved that
but i merely showed a result of actions your goverment did in Afghanstan and your people .. the innocent ones paid the price
it's not the part where i say it was justifed or deserved it was neither
personally i would rather die before causing harm to an innocent person kids or adults alike .

but you crushing the ideal you saying you stand for
you say you stand against anyone to force their ideals on you
why haven't you stood against usa forcing those ideals on afghanstan , iraq ?

all am saying that this " terrorism " did not come out of the blue
there was oppression on your country part to certain group of people and certain actions
that made these people go crazy and started to kill innocent civilians
that doesn't excuse nor justify terrorism acts they are wrong and condemed on my part
but it's also stupid not to take reasons into consideration
the cure starts with finding the causes of the disase

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#504    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,668 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 20 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

i think you misunderstand my post
i never wanted to justify those two kids actions
i only countered your claim that you were struck first .. and i also never said usa deserved that
but i merely showed a result of actions your goverment did in Afghanstan and your people .. the innocent ones paid the price
it's not the part where i say it was justifed or deserved it was neither
personally i would rather die before causing harm to an innocent person kids or adults alike .

but you crushing the ideal you saying you stand for
you say you stand against anyone to force their ideals on you
why haven't you stood against usa forcing those ideals on afghanstan , iraq ?

all am saying that this " terrorism " did not come out of the blue
there was oppression on your country part to certain group of people and certain actions
that made these people go crazy and started to kill innocent civilians
that doesn't excuse nor justify terrorism acts they are wrong and condemed on my part
but it's also stupid not to take reasons into consideration
the cure starts with finding the causes of the disase
I don't think the US should have stayed in Afghanistan or even to have gone into Iraq.  But I think that 911 had a lot more to do with religion than just people striking back at the US for past sins.  Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that, I certainly don't have all the answers.

#505    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Honestly, I don't care what anyone's *problem* might be, it's never acceptable to set a bomb in the middle of a crowd to kill/maim innocent civilians. It is never accceptable to hijack airplanes full of civilians and crash into buildings full of civilians.

I also tire of hearing how *bad* America is. When I drive around my town I see people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds. There are no laws forcing anyone to believe in any religion they do not choose themselves. Women can show their faces in public, obtain an education, work in any job they choose. People can travel to any location they choose, live anywhere they choose. Unless and until such freedom is available to all people there will be problems.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#506    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,416 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostLilly, on 20 April 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Honestly, I don't care what anyone's *problem* might be, it's never acceptable to set a bomb in the middle of a crowd to kill/maim innocent civilians. It is never accceptable to hijack airplanes full of civilians and crash into buildings full of civilians.

I also tire of hearing how *bad* America is. When I drive around my town I see people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds. There are no laws forcing anyone to believe in any religion they do not choose themselves. Women can show their faces in public, obtain an education, work in any job they choose. People can travel to any location they choose, live anywhere they choose. Unless and until such freedom is available to all people there will be problems.

Well said ma'am. I find it crazy how fast on this thread that this went to America's fault, you're sick if you identify the enemy and even you're sicker for expressing anger at them. Brittany above just said those expressions are the same as the terrorists. I guess some people need someone they love to get blown up in front of them to understand the difference between a terrorist and an angry American.

Posted Image

#507    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 20 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well said ma'am. I find it crazy how fast on this thread that this went to America's fault, you're sick if you identify the enemy and even you're sicker for expressing anger at them. Brittany above just said those expressions are the same as the terrorists. I guess some people need someone they love to get blown up in front of them to understand the difference between a terrorist and an angry American.

The only issue I am taking with this is that people Identifying 1 Billion People as the enemy of the United States. Blanketing an entire religion for the action of a minority is wrong, it shows something very wrong in US Society if the majority think this way (hopefully it is just a few people).

Killing people should always be avoided, there are situations where it is warranted; Self Defence, Liberation from Tyranny, and defending the innocent. There might be a few others but I can't think of them right now.

I have Muslim friends, I've worked with them and fought beside them in Afghanistan, Muslims are not the Enemy of the United States, nor the Western World. The enemy is radicalization and/or anger which can effect anyone and everyone given the right triggers.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#508    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,416 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostThanato, on 20 April 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

The only issue I am taking with this is that people Identifying 1 Billion People as the enemy of the United States. Blanketing an entire religion for the action of a minority is wrong, it shows something very wrong in US Society if the majority think this way (hopefully it is just a few people).

Killing people should always be avoided, there are situations where it is warranted; Self Defence, Liberation from Tyranny, and defending the innocent. There might be a few others but I can't think of them right now.

I have Muslim friends, I've worked with them and fought beside them in Afghanistan, Muslims are not the Enemy of the United States, nor the Western World. The enemy is radicalization and/or anger which can effect anyone and everyone given the right triggers.

~Thanato

Yes the enemy is radical Islam. I never said otherwise and nobody said all Muslims are terrorists. Saying all terrorists are Muslims is not the same thing. It's a big difference. In 99% of cases all serial killers are white guys but its wrong to say all white guys are serial killers.

Posted Image

#509    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

And right on cue ....

So once again, wishful thinking by liberal elites was wrong. Some comments from David Horowitz' site:

"So, as the President warned tonight against jumping to conclusions, let's revisit some comments made almost immediately after Monday's terror attack (h/t NRO) :
“We really don’t know who did this … It was Tax Day [after all]." ~ Obama strategist, David Axelrod.
“Might be some other kind of right-wing extremists.” ~ CNN's Peter Bergen
"Pressure cooker bombs have also been a signature of extreme right-wing individuals in the United States who he said tend to revel in building homemade bombs.” ~ CNN's Tim Lister and Paul Cruickshank
“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups.” ~ Huffington Post's Nida Kahn
“Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right.” ~ MSNBC's Chris Matthews
"Let's Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber Is a White American." ~ Salon's David Sirota"

#510    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postredhen, on 20 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

And right on cue ....

So once again, wishful thinking by liberal elites was wrong. Some comments from David Horowitz' site:

"So, as the President warned tonight against jumping to conclusions, let's revisit some comments made almost immediately after Monday's terror attack (h/t NRO) :
“We really don’t know who did this … It was Tax Day [after all]." ~ Obama strategist, David Axelrod.
“Might be some other kind of right-wing extremists.” ~ CNN's Peter Bergen
"Pressure cooker bombs have also been a signature of extreme right-wing individuals in the United States who he said tend to revel in building homemade bombs.” ~ CNN's Tim Lister and Paul Cruickshank
“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups.” ~ Huffington Post's Nida Kahn
“Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right.” ~ MSNBC's Chris Matthews
"Let's Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber Is a White American." ~ Salon's David Sirota"

In terms of Domestic Terrorists you have Right Wing Extremists and Left Wing Extremists. The Right Wing Extremists are more likely to be lone wolf types who want to maximize damage. Left wing types seem to be more Eco and Animal based Extremists, which act in groups.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users