Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels

docyabut2

Lillie Leonardi sits behind a table that has a book on angels in her living room as she shows some copies of her book “In the Shadow of a Badge: A Spiritual Memoir,” on Tuesday, July 3, 2012, in Arnold, Pa. Leonardi, a former police officer who retired from the FBI due to post-traumatic stress disorder from her time as a liaison between law enforcement and the victims of United Airlines Flight 93 has written a book about seeing legions of angels guarding the site where the hijacked airliner

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ex-FBI-employee-claims-she-saw-angels-at-Flight-93-3681547.php

• Like 1

It's a wonderful sentiment but I'm not sure how believable it is. It seems an odd time to be publishing such a book but I wish her luck.

• Like 4

... a former police officer who retired from the FBI due to post-traumatic stress disorder

I wonder if the PTSD is comorbid with anything else.

• Like 3

i read this today on ATS, i personally think its interesting.

its a topic i like looking jnto, but im no beliver in such things.

i also think it depends on whether or not you belive in this or not and also

whether you allow yourself to become open to this.

interesting read none the less!

:yes:

I'm not saying she is lying, but she was not the only one there, but but the was the only one to see "angels", the brain can do wonders in a very stressful situation.

I'm not saying she is lying, but she was not the only one there, but but the was the only one to see "angels", the brain can do wonders in a very stressful situation.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would absolutely love to believe that there were angels there that day but she said herself it was misty and there was smoke and in what was obviously a stressfull and upsetting situation it could have been her brain / sub conscious creating things.

Although I REALLY hope it was real.

And not to forget, you don't need a book to tell your story, except if you want to make money of it. And she is telling this story after she wrote the book, she was keeping quit until its good for promotion.

Edited by diablo_04

Was away to say this, all the awful things she would have seen as well in the FBI. She probably needed somehting to cling to for hope.

It's a good recipe for profit. FBI employee (reliable witness at first glance) see's Angels and on retirement writes a book about her experiences (add a dash of UA flight 93 here). Do a few interviews to whip up interest, then bingo, a nice retirement fund.

Sorry to be so cynical, in her defence can burning pine and jet fuel fumes cause hallucinations?

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 3

PTSD is a stress disorder, that could be caused by a feeling of helplessness in the wake of a traumatic event or events, that does resolve itself after a period of time. PTSD occurs in comparatively higher rates in those populations, such as law enforcement, fire, and EMS, that are exposed to these rather bizarre incidents. PTSD often manifests itself in the form of nightmares, fear and avoidance. The mention of her interacting with a support group and even writing about the event is suggestive of post traumatic growth. What she believed she saw, she probably does indeed believe.

Perhaps what is more interesting is how she knows what she saw were "angels". As far as I know, no one knows what an angel looks like. I wonder why she didn't consider those whispy beings she believes she saw to be aliens. I mean really, the two possibilities should have been just as plausible to her. But no, she states absolutely that they were angels.

If I were a trained FBI agent and I saw some phenomenon that I could not conventioanlly account for, I would report that I saw some phenomenon that I could not conventionally account for. Attributing meaning and baselessly attempting to positively identify it wouldn't be the first thing I would do.

Ex-McDonald's employee claims she saw angels

Does that sound any different to you?

• Like 2

Yes, she didn't wrote a book about 5 sec experience lol

is that the guilt of pretending she was at a crash site?

As we SHOULD ALL KNOW - the incident of which she speaks is a lie, and never happened -

some people do anything for cash

is that the guilt of pretending she was at a crash site?

As we SHOULD ALL KNOW - the incident of which she speaks is a lie, and never happened -

some people do anything for cash

:-*

Anyway, crazy doesn't care about what your occupation is. It's an equal opportunity employer.

• Like 1

Wonder how long people are going too ride the money cow created around 911

Edited by Anomy91

Well put FLOMBIE, it puts things into perspective.Wouldn't quite grab peoples attention as much would it (it would still sell a few books though).

Too bad they couldn't do anything to stop the crash, what were they doing? Guarding the bodies and debris from wild animals?

• Like 1

Too bad they couldn't do anything to stop the crash, what were they doing? Guarding the bodies and debris from wild animals?

Thanks David, brightened up my evening with this comment and given me closure on this story.

Yes. An FBI employee should be a reliable witness (although many things can affect this). A McDonald's employee, not to put to fine a point on it, generally less so.

It may be that she's just trying to cash in. Personally, I try to presume the best in people and hope the writing helps her work through things.

The coroner left the so-called "crash site" 15 minutes after he got there because there was no sign of a plane or bodies anywhere. He also stated that it looked like someone fired a few rockets into the ground.

Oh look... she's selling a book. And here I thought she was just batsh!t crazy.

• Like 1