Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Secret Caves under the Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

#406    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,675 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostHarte, on 08 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hardly.  We have such people today, yet somebody is designing and building calculators (for example.)

Some people are forced by poverty to walk barefoot in highly unsanitary conditions
but this hardly makes them barefoot bumpkins.  I wouldn't assume that anyone designing
a calculator can't be a barefoot or stinky footed bumpkin as well.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#407    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,421 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postdreamland, on 08 January 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Guys..can you have some mercy please? this is like reading a book... and it's all off-topic again.
I thought the question of if Orthodox Egyptology recognizes caves and the possible questions and problems with that Orthodoxy was totally within the scope of this thread.

It would seem to me, at least, that maybe Collins is not such a big liar. I can man up to admit that I was wrong in a lot of what I wrote. His map is probably somewhat accurate, except for the part where he draws a bunch of speculative tunnels leading all over the Giza necropolis.

Did anyone notice in that video with Hawass if the same rock shows up as in the Collins photo of his wife?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#408    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

It would seem to me, at least, that maybe Collins is not such a big liar.  ...
Do you find his account - on grahamhancock.org - to be more about himself, and the dangers he faced in his intrepid adventure, than about the Tomb Of The Birds?

#409    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostMangoze, on 09 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Do you find his account - on grahamhancock.org - to be more about himself, and the dangers he faced in his intrepid adventure, than about the Tomb Of The Birds?

The name of that thing is NC2, the Tomb of the Birds is just an attempt to obfuscate the location.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#410    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,421 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostMangoze, on 09 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I've never been to grahamhancock.org, and don't intend to start. I only meant that his video and finding of a cave was not complete rubbish. Obviously from the TV docu-show there are caves behind that tomb entrance.

I don't believe that there is a giant network of hidden tunnels that lead to Mercury's golden horde, or Atlantian libraries or anything, but I do believe that video that showed Hawass being scared of bats living in a cave.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#411    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I've never been to grahamhancock.org, and don't intend to start. I only meant that his video and finding of a cave was not complete rubbish. Obviously from the TV docu-show there are caves behind that tomb entrance.

I don't believe that there is a giant network of hidden tunnels that lead to Mercury's golden horde, or Atlantian libraries or anything, but I do believe that video that showed Hawass being scared of bats living in a cave.

The only problem is that he did not discover it, it was already documented by Reiser in the 30s.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#412    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• 1,468 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Yes I understand your trepidation.  I clicked on that site because, like you, I was curious about this argument of 4,500 years worth of guano.

To me it seems a little "meta":.

#413    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• 1,468 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 09 January 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

The only problem is that he did not discover it, it was already documented by Reiser in the 30s.
I can't help but get visions of two guys, sitting in a New York diner, discussing the rules on how long before the use of the word "rediscover" becomes appropriate.

"Ninedy-tooh years!" is the axiomatic declaration from the short, stocky, bald, bespectacled gentleman.  :yes:

#414    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostMangoze, on 09 January 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I can't help but get visions of two guys, sitting in a New York diner, discussing the rules on how long before the use of the word "rediscover" becomes appropriate.

"Ninedy-tooh years!" is the axiomatic declaration from the short, stocky, bald, bespectacled gentleman.  :yes:

Anybody who wanted to know about NC2 could have done so by just downloading the Giza inventory from the net, everything is in there...including the cave.

about me

#415    cladking

cladking

Telekinetic

• 7,675 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Anybody who wanted to know about NC2 could have done so by just downloading the Giza inventory from the net, everything is in there...including the cave.

Of course we don't know what the cave actually looks like until it's dug out.

The question isn't so much what we know about the caves or what the bats
know about the cave.  We need to know what the pyramid builders knew
about the caves.

Maybe this will happen in ten years or maybe it will be fifty.  Maybe they'll just
forget about it again until the gate rusts away completely and a tourist redis-
covers it in a five hundred years.

If anyone is holding his breath he might want to reconsider.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#416    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• 1,468 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

View Postcladking, on 09 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

about the caves.

Maybe this will happen in ten years or maybe it will be fifty.  Maybe they'll just

What did Collins "discover" that is not already in the information that questionmark pointed to; other than that Collins is afraid of spiders.

And another thing; why do you mention bats - and bat guano - so much?  I get this perception that you talk about more than anyone else.

#417    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postcladking, on 09 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

about the caves.

The cave was measured from beginning to end and is constated as such in the Giza inventory with measurements. Instead of dreaming up your portion it would behoove you to check the literature every now and then instead of befitting shards to match your imagination to an illusory vat.

about me

#418    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,920 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostMangoze, on 10 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

And another thing; why do you mention bats - and bat guano - so much?  I get this perception that you talk about more than anyone else.
Hey, don't criticize.

It beats geysers.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#419    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostHarte, on 10 January 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hey, don't criticize.

It beats geysers.

Harte

Don't mention the G word!~

about me

#420    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Aliens helping build the pyramids??? hmm!!
My one problem with this is the aliens would have come here in spaceships, ships with power...why did they not show the Egyptians anything about electricity or a form of power? For someone or something to visit in a high tech machine and teach the inhabitants how to build with stone is a bit mean.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users