Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Pictures from Texas. You haven't seen

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 04 February 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Thanks, Paxus. You're right I never considered that. Too bad it interferes with their seemingly desired stealth, though.
Yeh, I agree there are many more questions or 'oddities' than answers and likely explinations! Personally I find it very frustrating, not knowing the answer to there particular questions (ETH)!

#32    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 February 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

Thank Ugly1, appreciate the good attitude, it is nice to look at something objectively and not be harassed for trying to bring the OP down. I am in Australia, A very long way away, so it is indeed pretty removed to me as you have been astute enough to figure. I am not doubting someone saw something I am just trying to gather as many "somethings" as I can to see if we have a square peg, and a square hole. Just the process of elimination. Did you brother confirm, that is indeed exactly what he saw? I got the impression from your post that it is someone else's picture on facebook, just wondering if your brother confirms the picture, the story, or both. I am no photographic expert, which is why I asked the questions above, I have seen some pretty amazing clouds over the years, and wondered if, like in Chrlz recollection above, might be a candidate. Chrlz knows more about photography than I, but that is the beauty of this place, we all have something to offer.
I wish you the very best luck with answering this curious question, in any case, you should get some good evaluations to consider here.

I really appreciate your kind words.  I will make a report to mufon after I get off of work today.  Answering what was asked, my brother had seen the craft, and a photo of it was taken from another individual. From what I understand, there are several photos, and even video of this craft as stated before. I think I will just message the guy with the photo on Facebook, explain the situation and see if he has more! On the mans facebook page, he states that several different people got this craft from several different angles of the plant on both video, and photos.

I really appreciate your skepticism everyone! As I want all other options to be ruled out! If it wasn't my brother that had seen it, then back up his story via co-worker pictures that had also witnessed the craft then I would probably not believe it either.  With this sighting having a home close to me, it just makes me want to grab everyone by the shoulders and shake them shouting "This is what you've been looking for!!"

Either way whether this is found to be real (It will) or not (Couldn't be disproven as it's real) the first thing that I thought of when he told me the stories and showed me the pictures was "OMG I GOTTA GET THIS ON UM!!" Ha Ha! I guess I have a UM addiction to the abnormal. Everyone here has skill at identifying the paranormal in some form or another after how much all of us have seen. You guys are the experts if you know it or not. That is why we have already heard so many possibilities on what it could be. Gotta love UM!

Edited by Ugly1, 04 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#33    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,265 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

The image was also posted here - http://www.latest-uf...ighting-85.html - (scroll down) with the same story - taken in Ganado, Texas on 20 Dec 2012.

Just FYI if anyone is interested.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#34    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,652 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The image was also posted here - http://www.latest-uf...ighting-85.html - (scroll down) with the same story - taken in Ganado, Texas on 20 Dec 2012.

Just FYI if anyone is interested.
That PNG image is just slightly better than the one posted here, but it gives no more clues - it is the same small size and still suffers from major compression problems, sadly.  Both versions are stripped of exif data.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

#35    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

It looks and sounds genuiune to me. I've had alien encounters and I'm a believer.

#36    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,265 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

That PNG image is just slightly better than the one posted here, but it gives no more clues - it is the same small size and still suffers from major compression problems, sadly.  Both versions are stripped of exif data.
Yeah, it would be nice if a genuine original was posted for us to see, meaning the JPEG exactly as it came off the camera's memory card, without any resizing or cropping, etc.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#37    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

It looks and sounds genuiune to me. I've had alien encounters and I'm a believer.

Tell us about it.... was it really scary?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,636 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostUgly1, on 04 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I really appreciate your kind words.  I will make a report to mufon after I get off of work today.  Answering what was asked, my brother had seen the craft, and a photo of it was taken from another individual. From what I understand, there are several photos, and even video of this craft as stated before. I think I will just message the guy with the photo on Facebook, explain the situation and see if he has more! On the mans facebook page, he states that several different people got this craft from several different angles of the plant on both video, and photos.

I really appreciate your skepticism everyone! As I want all other options to be ruled out! If it wasn't my brother that had seen it, then back up his story via co-worker pictures that had also witnessed the craft then I would probably not believe it either.  With this sighting having a home close to me, it just makes me want to grab everyone by the shoulders and shake them shouting "This is what you've been looking for!!"

Either way whether this is found to be real (It will) or not (Couldn't be disproven as it's real) the first thing that I thought of when he told me the stories and showed me the pictures was "OMG I GOTTA GET THIS ON UM!!" Ha Ha! I guess I have a UM addiction to the abnormal. Everyone here has skill at identifying the paranormal in some form or another after how much all of us have seen. You guys are the experts if you know it or not. That is why we have already heard so many possibilities on what it could be. Gotta love UM!

Gidday Ugly1

Cheers mate, it is refreshing to see people who have not made their mind up over something that needs some serious looking into. I am off the hope that we will get to see more pictures, and perhaps the video, I am sure they would be very helpful with generating some new ideas.

Good luck with the report, when I saw a UFO it was over an Airport, so at a suggestion, I reported to NARCAP. I found the people there a real pleasure to speak to.

Mate, great to have you on board, I hope you stick around, be good to have you on board. Welcome to UM.

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#39    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 04 February 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Need a MUCH bigger / better quality image.

Not only that, we need many more images !  Strange how over the years witnesses have shown amazing images of UFOs but only manage to produce a single one.  In the old days, the story was that "it was the last shot on the roll".  Nowadays with memory cards that can hold hundreds of pictures, we still end up with a single photograph - and one that happens to look perfectly posed !

It seems to me that if someone nowadays were witness to a real UFO event and had a camera in hand, he would shoot pictures non-stop.  But no.  One picture is still good enough, it seems...

I'll concede that we are told there are other pictures and even video taken by others.  But until those are "revealed" (if they ever are), we have to look at this image with caution.  To me it looks like a reflection of a ceiling lamp in a window (either in a building or in a truck).

I look forward to see the rest of the "evidence"...

#40    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,605 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

There are several things "wrong" with this, well, in my mind anyway.

1) No current additional photo/video evidence even though such is claimed to exist. OK, show us!

2) The UFO is reported the have "zipped" around, yet appears to be amazingly, perfectly static in the photo.

3) The underneath light makes no sense. Looks more like a street lamp to me.

In any event I see one of two things that's going to happen:

a) You guy's don't believe me, so I'm not showing you any more "evidence"

B) The other people taking pictures and vids don't want to share.

It's entirely your call, Ugly1.

#41    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 February 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

I guess that explains your presence?

I'm not here to be a silly person. More like to be informative. It's a foregone conclusion that there is ET behind some UFOs. Learning more about the ETs, the actual occupants is what I'm about. If you are a close minded person, a modern day the world is still flat thinker, then you are just wasting your time on such a forum. It's better to just dismiss subject matters like UFOs or aliens, and get into mainstream politics, current events or subject matters that you consider the norm.

#42    Manc_Lad

Manc_Lad

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Well you sound sincere and truthful to me and the picture is pretty cool but please please please, if this is for real, you and your brother have got to get that alleged video of this thing!! Nobody is going to be doubting you then if there's a video to match the story and the picture!

#43    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 04 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Yeah, that's the ticket.  Those guys are the absolute best at research, esp. MUFON.  :cry:  TSR, save me a bit of time, post your best example of research by them..

And if the photo isn't legit, what should the OP do then?

You'd certainly be forgiven for thinking that when you read the posts by some 'researcher's..  But others seem to know their stuff.

TSR, do you have anything to add about the picture or the topic?  Anything at all?

MUFON would be more qualified then some silly paranormal, conspiracy forum (no offense). They will identify a UFO image as a hoax or an IFO if it is determined to be one. A lot of hoaxes tend to be propgated on what I term the talbloid, conspiracy forums like ATS just because of the non serious nature of those forums. Although seome people here may not repsect a UFO organization the people at such orginizations have a genuine interest in the subject matter.

#44    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

My opinion looking at the photo is it appears to be disc shaped blending in with the clouds but there isn't enough there to make out what it really is.

#45    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,652 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

It's a foregone conclusion that there is ET behind some UFOs.
No, it absolutely and definitely ISN'T.

I've already challenged you on other threads to name your very best and most compelling proof, and you simply run away.  So state the grounds NOW for your 'foregone conclusion', or admit you simply pulled that out of .. your hat.

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 05 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

MUFON would be more qualified then some silly paranormal, conspiracy forum (no offense).
Rubbish.  MUFON hardly investigates *anything* properly - it is barely a reporting system..  If you dispute that, show us the best example of professional MUFON investigation you have seen.  Was it based on a single image like this, and a secondhand report with no corroboration?

NARCAP, maybe.. - I haven't had much to do with them.

They will identify a UFO image as a hoax or an IFO if it is determined to be one.
They have nowhere near the resources to do that in any meaningful way.

A lot of hoaxes tend to be propgated {sic} on what I term the talbloid{sic}, conspiracy forums like ATS
Talbloid?  You need to slow down a little as you type...  Funny how you now only refer to ATS - so you suddenly don't include UM?  You did a minute ago...
And I disagree - on the contrary, it seems to me that places like this and ATS are useful filters that eliminate a lot of cases.  In particular, at ATS (which is where most cases get 'started' as it is probably the busiest 'serious' forum), it is quite obvious that after the inevitable first few pages of excited idiots, more serious ATS folks will get involved and pick the bones.. Why do you think they have a 'HOAX' designation?

Although seome people here may not repsect a UFO organization the people at such orginizations have a genuine interest in the subject matter.
It's a pity *that* is the only criteria for joining up...  Without doubt, the worst DRECK I've seen (and the most damaging as it is portrayed as being from some sort of reputable source..) is that which comes from self-appointed experts from MUFON-like organisations.  Would you like some examples?  I might start a thread..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users