Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell guard ordered to 'shoot to kill'

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#31    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 19 April 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha, (563 - 483 BC).
How bout overkilling yourself with Overkill

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#32    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Wrong Thread.

Edited by Merc14, 19 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#33    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostGatofeo, on 19 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

"Shoot to kill?" I don't believe it.

What was in the building at Roswell? It was the beginning of the Cold War, tensions were high, and I understand that the weather balloon carried instruments to "listen" for an atomic blast in the Soviet Union. This would have been a highly classified project.
Guards can employ deadly force to protect high-level national secrecy, in some instances. I suspect that secrecy on this project was very high, and certainly would have qualified.

His remembrance, after all these years, could have evolved in his mind from "shoot to stop" to "well, hell, it was shoot to kill, that's what they were essentially telling me".

These Mogul balloons flights were apparently quite common, dozens of them I believe. So I kind of doubt such brazen orders were issued each and every time they were getting a flight ready to launch.

#34    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,846 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

But the Little E.t`s that crashed didnt even get a ticket for speedin or the crash ! :tu: :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#35    rustygh

rustygh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• “For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
    ― Carl Sagan

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Highly classified surveillance at the time made government edgy. I think it was nothing more. Conspiracy nuts will never let it go.  Stories change with time and make it worse as facts got hidden.  I'm pretty sick of hearing about it at all.
http://www.redorbit....ne-game-092012/

#36    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Most don't realize the history of the Roswell crash.  I'm sure many of you won't like what I'm about to say, but here goes:

Other than the initial newspaper article that was retracted the next day, no one associated Roswell with UFOs until 1978.  So what happened in 1978 that brought it all back to life?  Was it a whistleblower that finally told the truth?  Was it the discovery of unclassified records?  Nope.  It was simply the National Enquirer reprinting the original Roswell Daily Record article about a UFO crash and conveniently not mentioning anything about how it was retracted the next day.  It wasn't until that point - 31 years after the incident - that the UFO world took notice.

Here is a very interesting review of the timeline and how the story was essentially created by none other than Stanton Friedman and two authors - Moore and Berlitz

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4079

You can listen to the 10 minute podcast or read the transcript.  But here is the gist of the analysis:

....the Roswell Daily Record reported that a Flying Saucer was captured, and the following day, printed a correction that it was merely a weather balloon, along with an interview with Mac Brazel, who deeply regretted all the unwanted publicity generated by his misidentification.

It should be stressed that this was the end of the incident, and nothing further was said or done by anyone, until 1978 (that's 31 years in which nobody remembered or said anything), when the National Enquirer, on what must have been a slow news day, reported the original uncorrected news article from the Roswell Daily Record. UFO fans went nuts. Stanton Friedman, an obsessed UFO wacko, started interviewing everyone he could find who was still alive who had been connected with the incident and began constructing all sorts of elaborate conspiracies. These primarily centered around Major Marcel, who agreed that Friedman's assertion was possible — that the government was covering up an actual alien spacecraft.

Two years later in 1980, UFO proponents William Moore and Charles Berlitz published The Roswell Incident. There wasn't much new information in this book, it was essentially a collection of suppositions and interviews with a few people who were still alive, or their relatives. Even so, by this point, it's important to note that the story really had not grown beyond the question of what debris had actually been recovered from the Foster Ranch in 1947.

Upon the book's publication, the National Enquirer tracked down Marcel and published their own interview with him. This was all well and good, but since there still wasn't any new information or any evidence that Roswell was anything other than the Project Mogul balloon, things quieted down for a long time.

The story finally started to break open for real in 1989. The TV show Unsolved Mysteries devoted an episode to an imaginative "reconstruction" of what some of these authors had written.

It seems fairly clear to me that the whole Roswell story as so many know it today is simply a post hoc creation driven by folks who simply wanted to make a buck.  Not dissimilar to the whole Mothman story, what actually happened and the story we know today are lightyears apart.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#37    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

lol yeah to quote a movie " better go check the hot sheets"
or go listen to cost to cost ~~between bigfknfoot shadow people   ufo's and many more  ...i been informed

#38    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

so much for a weather balloon skeptics and non believers.never believe a "official story" especially from the governments and the military and the mainstream media that is being controlled and manipulated people and this goes to all humanity.i hope i see a UFOs and E.Ts in my lifetime soon and the next if decide to come here to earth lol

if i was just nothing like they claim they wouldn't give such a order

#39    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 20 April 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

so much for a weather balloon skeptics and non believers.never believe a "official story" especially from the governments and the military and the mainstream media that is being controlled and manipulated people and this goes to all humanity.i hope i see a UFOs and E.Ts in my lifetime soon and the next if decide to come here to earth lol

if i was just nothing like they claim they wouldn't give such a order

Is it better to believe all the snake-oil salesmen out there that cant wait to make a buck selling their drivel to the gullible?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#40    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

only a fool believes the official story!!!

#41    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 20 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

So nothing the government says, ever, is true?

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#42    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

This sounds more like Andromedan having a problem with distrust when it comes to the US Government (cant blame him for that) than anything to do with looking objectively for what is real or not.

Edited by DBunker, 20 April 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#43    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostMerc14, on 20 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

So nothing the government says, ever, is true?
Of course they tell the truth when CT's need it's help :whistle:

#44    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,737 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Do you or do you not think that paranoia is a legitimate disorder and if you do, where do you draw the line?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#45    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,380 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Please enlighten this ignoramus, where does the official story not hold up?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users