Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

what is death?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,332 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 09 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Life,  aka the soul or the life force or whatever else you wish to call it,  is a form of energy that we do not understand which is held in a materal container ( like water in a cup).  Death is the release of that energy  ( like pouring out the water in the cup)  the container usually  remains ( for a time) But the energy  that it held is gone. like a cup of water if the container is damaged the contents escape and go elsewhere and even if the cup is Not damaged the water will eventually evaporate leaving the container empty.

My mom used to say that the body is just the sack the potatos come in. When I was a kid I would roll my eyes when she said it, now that I'm older I hope I'm as wise as she was.

#17    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Death and senescence can best be explained as a curse especially when it is not required but it is programmed in our genetics.Ofcourse unless there is an eternal soul just dying to escape the material body,then death wouldn't really be a curse but a type of liberation.

#18    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Death means going back home.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#19    De-Mo

De-Mo

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Death is the point of your physical life when your soul(life essence) leaves your body and the Silver Lining breaks. Your soul lives on but your body is no longer alive.

#20    srp

srp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Life with God is joy, peace, love, truth and goodness.  Without God there is misery, chaos, anger, lies and evil.

Edited by srp, 28 October 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#21    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,907 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

View Postsrp, on 28 October 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

Life with God is joy, peace, love, truth and goodness.  Without God there is misery, chaos, anger, lies and evil.

Firstly, welcome to the forums, SRP!

But I don't believe that there is a God and my life is joyful, peaceful, loving, etc. But there are many devout people that live in third world circumstances (i.e miserable, chaotic, angry, etc.)

But I should get back on topic. For me death isn't just a physical thing. Death can be tragic or welcomed.

Death, for me, isn't just my 'mortal coil' coming to an end. It also involves the circumstances in which I cease to be. We avoid, the best that we can, the tragic circumstance. I hope that when my time is up, I welcome it.

But I don't really care what happens after that.

Edit to add: I shouldn't have said, "I don't believe that there is a God". As an agnostic, I should have said, "I don't have a belief in God."

Edited by Likely Guy, 28 October 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#22    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Actually there are two deaths, First death and Second death.

At first death, human is divided into 3 parts that he has been made of: Breath of life (Ruach) returns to God, your soul (Nephesh) goes to sleep, any your physical body stops functioning and starts decomposing.
While asleep, your soul doesn't think or feel anything. Your soul will then be awaken by the trumphet at the return of God, and will await the Judgement. You will have opportunity to rethink your life and see all things you did good or evil. After Judgement, if you are saved, then you will go to heaven, have eternal life and teach other sentient beings about your experiences of sin and life. If you're not saved, your soul will cease to exist in a lake of fire by experiencing second death.

#23    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Death is the end of the life that you live and you get in the line for one more new world life.
This process keeps up until you discover your godhood.
(for our everyone)

#24    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I keep my version of death nice and easy. When you cannot make any more actual choices and no part of you can change anymore. From nothing to nothing. (Blame zombies :P)

#25    Borana

Borana

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

As believer of Waqefataa Death is part of our Uma / nature. As magnetic south pole and  north pole in balance , it should be death and life.
   " Death is great " -Tiv people in Nigeria

#26    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Death is a transformation from one type of existence to another..

#27    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostDr. D, on 09 October 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Near Death Experiences no more give evidence to the after life than Bridey Murphy gave to the evidences of reincarnation.

what about evp's?

#28    Alannis

Alannis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• You can't walk on water without faith of a thousand suns.

Im not going to tell you how to live your life i'm only going to suggest how you should.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

If literal then it's when you die. Spiritual. It's when God or yourself allows you to become something more. You allow yourself to progress to the next stage of life and learn and become whole with yourself again.

#29    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Death is the equalizer elixir to make of everyone to be the same as before he or she was born. Hitler died and so did Mother Teresa. What is the difference between them now? None. The difference between human beings is seen only during the years of life. There are no stages of life. Every human being who is born, he or she is a newborn person to live only once and never to return. If you ask me, that's a consolation to many religious preconceived notions that only cause depression and anxieties.

Ben

Edited by Ben Masada, 12 November 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#30    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,718 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Death is when you stop living, your brain stops producing electrical impulses and quickly liquifies; your body follows suit...that is the start of decomposition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users