Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official UM "Predictions Watch" Thread

Paranormalcy

Welcome, Unexplained-Mysteries member, reader, maybe poster!

The New Year

Welcome (back, if you attended the previous thread) to the Official U.M. "Predictions Watch" Thread, this one for 2011; the 2010 thread having been wildly of moderate interest, the conclusion of which was that the few UM members that made one or two predictions seemed to be more accurate than so called "psychics to the stars". That's right: the people that actually make money and get famous for being "psychic", from our tracking of their predictions for 2010, were almost completely wrong on almost every single prediction - even chance alone should have dictated they got a certain number right, but they were apparently slightly less psychic than cardboard.

1. What Is This?

This is an official U.M. experiment and project aimed at taking a look at and tracking a general example of some predictions that have been made and are available, concerning Jan 15-Dec 31 of 2011. This is an experiment in tracking and assessing predictions, first in scope and usability, then in specificity, then in actual accuracy and proximity and interpretation. We want to see how many of the predictions we find seem possible, but are also significant, and which aren't "shot in the dark" things that have always been predicted - but real, concrete things that we can point to as "came true" or "really missed that one". Let's see how accurate predictions are, shall we?

2. How Does This Work?

I'm going to post my own selection of a few predictions, and I'd like to:

2-1) open the floor to UM members to also submit predictions they find on the web - I feel it would be best to use "popular" or "famous" psychics' predictions, but if you find some that you feel are worthy, submit them and they'll be put in the running.

2-2) I also encourage anyone to suggest their own, either predictions they themselves make, or made by someone they know

3. Requirements for Posting Predictions

The above opportunities DO come with some REQUIREMENTS however (like most things in life). They are:

3-A.) provide CLEAR predictions, in full English sentences, indicating the detail and concept of the prediction to the utmost of your ability. You can USE whatever method you'd like to arrive at these predictions, but I need the FINAL PREDICTION to be PLAIN English that doesn't need to be deciphered, measured, interpreted through ancient mystical alchemical practices or extrapolated with superimposed blue geometric patterns over landmasses on maps.

3-B.) The prediction needs to be a PREDICTION - not a guess or a general inkling or having a good idea of cultural or political environments. A "terrorist attack" is not a prediction - one at a specific location, with unusual details is. A celebrity being sick or getting a divorce, especially those in ill health or in known marital straits, are not predictions - these types of submissions will be discounted unless you present a compelling reason you feel your "prediction" stands out. You don't have to get the license plate of the guy that cures Lupus, but "Mexico will have an earthquake" is not earth-shattering news, ironic pun not intended, nor is anything war-like to do with North Korea or Iran, etc.

3-C.) The prediction MUST occur within 2011. It's all well and good to predict something for 2012 (and lord knows there are enough 2012 predictions) or 2018, but that isn't what this thread is about. And you must pin your prediction down - no "either Feb 6 or March 23" won't cut it - post ONE as your main (you can post the other but only the first will be your 'official' entry).

3-D.) If it is an offsite prediction, post the SOURCE (the psychic's name, etc) and URL web address of the site so it can be independently verified.

3-E.) Although you can submit more than one predictions, please don't SPAM, as it is possible there will be quite a few people submitting predictions.

3-F.) While we may note potentially relevant activities that could be interpreted as a portion of a prediction, if ALL major points in the prediction do not manifest, the prediction is FALSE, such as a prediction of a lion attacking people in the Sand Diego Zoo - if a lion escaped the zoo there but was recaptured before harming anyone, then the "attack" part, which I think is kind of important, negates the prediction, though does provide an undeniable interesting "hmmmm" footnote to think about.

4. What Is The Deadline For Submitting Predictions?

All predictions must be submitted by 11:59 PM January 15, 2011, and I hope to post the official details Jan 16, at which point the experiment will be underway.

5. How Many Predictions Will Be Chosen?

I plan on there being 50 offsite predictions, plus any predictions that UM members care to submit that meet the requirements, including those that they themselves make.

NOTE: Predictions from UM Members may be submitted throughout the year but will not be considered as part of the "official" list presented here.

6. Final Notes

Note that UM does not endorse any of these sites, nor necessarily agree with any of their ideas, sponsors, theories, claims, beliefs or support any of their ideologies - I personally am using these for examples and resource links for this project, and no offense or agenda is intended, other than the obvious agenda to see how reliable predictions and psychics are.

7. Please Help Keep This Updated

Remember, if you see any of these things happen, make sure to post here and we'll mark it off the list if it is agreed it really "counts" - this is why we don't want vague stuff, but things you can make a definite judgment on.

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 1

Well, I see basically no one is actually interested in submitting any predictions or prophecies for 2011 after all. For the sake of symmetry I'll leave this open til Feb 1 and will post my 25 picks and members will be free to submit their picks from offsite plus any predictions they themselves have for the year of 2011, until there are 50 offsite predictions plus however many from UM members.

Here's a pretty specific one: "New Orleans, it's good your levies have been rebuilt for they will be greatly tested near Labor Day, August 2011." John Hogue

He also predicts that Haiti will be hit hard during hurricane season. "You will be visited by Mother Nature's call for help, screaming in the winds of tropical storms crowding the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean in such frequency and intensity not experienced since the catastrophic 2005 Hurricane Season that broke the levies of New Orleans and scrubbed the Mississippi coast down to house-foundation bone with Hurricane Katrina. Houston, you will be visited. Your fields of refineries clutched, clawed by superstorm winds and oceanic surges."

http://www.hogueprophecy.com/predictions2011-chapter.htm

• Like 1

http://www.selectpsychics.com/psychic-predictions/ :

Possibly, World War III will start in November, and bacteriological and chemical weapons will be used. - Nostradamus predictions for 2011

Barack Obama brokers a historic deal between Israel and the Palestinians. - Craig Hamilton Parker psychic predictions

http://kearth101.radio.com/2011/01/03/psychic-predictions-for-2011/ :

Prediction: The Playboy Mansion will burn down.

Prediction: A gold rush will occur in Hawaii.

Prediction: Michelle Obama will have another baby.

Prediction: Sarah Palin will get divorced.

Prediction: A giant spider nest and spiders will be found in South America.

Prediction: The first brain transplant will take place.

Prediction: A huge breakthrough in the cure for Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Prediction: A horseshoe-shaped UFO will be spotted over Roswell, New Mexico.

Prediction: Hilary Clinton will win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Prediction: A bionic eye will be invented by a French scientist.

Prediction: A big computer virus will take out large swathes of communication for a 48-hour period, which could affect air travel.

and from http://paranormal.about.com/od/othermystics/tp/Psychic-Predictions-For-2011.htm :

Sidney Friedman (psychic) Predictions:

* Lady Gaga becomes a university teacher.

* A photo shows Justin Bieber kissing and groping with two women.

* Colin Firth and Natalie Portman win Oscars.

* U.S. economy continues to improve, slowly but surely.

* A major league baseball player inexplicably dies on the field.

* An explosion in the sky in the middle part of the U.S.

* A major bridge malfunction in New York City.

* Part of either New York City or Washington D.C. goes dark, perhaps as a result of some tremors.

* Earthquake activity in the Midwest and eastern part of the United States.

* New Jersey governor Chris Christie will be the Republican front-runner among Republicans.

* Malicious cyber attacks on Apple operating systems and on smartphones increases dramatically.

Craig and Jane Hamilton-Parker (psychics) Predictions:

* Two massive industrial accidents: India has a nuclear disaster, China a huge chemical factory explosion.

* Leading politician dies in a plane crash.

* Paul McCartney makes a record with Yoko Ono in honor of John Lennon.

* Denial of service attack on USA banks by foreign country causes failures to Internet.

* Tropical Island is evacuated due to volcanic eruption.

* Earthquake in California and the famous Hollywood sign is damaged.

* Wild animal disease scare results in mass slaughter of livestock.

* Spring will see angry demonstrations over wage and pension cuts

* In February the Beckhams reveal that are planning a divorce.

These are some of the most specific predictions I could find. Soooooo many are just generalizations of things that are bound to happen anyway. :)

• Like 2

Awesome, great starts, thanks folks! I will add some too, I was just waiting for some user contributions.

A large dessert area will come alive with plant life taking over.

This will be due to global change in weather patterns.

More active continental plate movement as the natural evolution of the planet starts its next phase.

Great loss of life, in areas that have had mantel stability, for thousands of years.

Sea level will rise, as already predicted, but so will land levels.

From the sky will come dark, but also light, not everyone will live through the change.

This period will be known as "The Change" where it will take several generations before stability returns, as did with the last ice age.

EDIT: This will all happen in 2011? Alright, noted. We'll see how much of your prediction comes true in 2011. This isn't wildly specific, which is required but if it's posted here it's for this year so I guess we'll see. -Para

Edited by Paranormalcy

*SNIP HA-HA SILLY POST - THERE IS AN OFFTOPIC SECTION - TAKE THESE COMMENTS THERE*

Edited by Paranormalcy

There seems to be some sort of difficulty in understanding the criteria for posting in this thread, so I will post a link that will allow readers and prospective posters to return to the first post so they may re-read what is and is not acceptable, since "scrolling up" appears to not function in this thread for everyone except me.

2011 PREDICTIONS POSTING CRITERIA

Further posts in here that don't meet these requirements may cause the account that posts to lose its posting privileges for a time, as there is obviously a glitch occurring that needs to be examined from the software end of things.

Anyone that has any ACTUAL predictions to post are WELCOME to post in here, either predictions they find on other sites, or predictions they themselves make, provided they meet the guidelines, and you have my thanks for participating. -Para

*SNIP CURRENT OBVIOUS EVENT LACKING SPECIFIC TIMEFRAME*(lost in time raptors quote here deleted ) --- hosni bites back.. remains in power.

biting the protesters demands and just "bites" when back in time around 7 days he was not biting. Just listening to the cries of his people and making promises. Media predicts his end but until now he is still in power. No one posted as to what will happen next. Raptor was just asking the criteria of what might happen in Egypt by a series of questions but no prediction. He got one reply. time frame 4 days and thereafter.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/02/there-has-been-web-chatter-about-a-video-purportedly-showing-the-driver-of-a-us-embassy-van-in-cairo-ramming-protesters-in.html

March 19th-21st 2011 The energy lines in Egypt are changing. Starting in Port Siad, Egypt unnoticed will this already start occuring. However, the major shift will be noticed in the border of/near Oasr Farafra, Egypt. Because of this officals will get tighter in this particular region, a family of four will die, a mother with two young daughters and small boy, I do not see the father in this case. There is a major operation going on in this specific location, I am not sure what but they have a good amount of weapons on this border, I am seeing now that in this region there is a high military camp where a ton of supplies is kept. There is an issue in this particular region esp the 527 km that is dangerous and filled with military, and there seems ot be a camp located. They do not want beings in this particular area for some reason, I believe has to do with the energy source.

Thank you

Many deaths not just the family have occured in this region and are often unreported.

Edited by puridalan

I have a general prediction... I think that there will be more open minded people opening up to everything occult and some real turning points in technology

• Like 1

Sort of a prediction not really, but March 4th, there is word that the governement could be shutting down that day. (military)

Comet discoveryRocket Earth-observation. Capsule shape - failed to open. Contains live samplesGlory Satellite. Earth bound- crashed. End of 20112:10 a.m.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2011/03/05/rocket_probably_plunged_into_pacific_after_failed_launch_nasa_says/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Top+political+stories

I'm posting this at the request of forum member rassy who is unable to access her computer and account. I agree, this is pretty impressive, though they didn't give a date, which drops its credibility quite a bit; still, for historical significance, it does seem like it should be included. -Para

Last night, I had a brief dream in which I saw a map of the USGS world view (which I do check on and off)

On it I saw a LARGE RED sqaure surrounded by many other smaller squares just of the east coast of Japan. The thing was this square was much larger than the normal size square USGS put up for a 7+

Normally would not think much of this, but this was one of those that sticks clearly in my mind, and I can still see with my waking eye.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I'm posting this at the request of forum member rassy who is unable to access her computer and account. I agree, this is pretty impressive, though they didn't give a date, which drops its credibility quite a bit; still, for historical significance, it does seem like it should be included. -Para

Nice find ... and I would argue the "credibility" is trumped by the historical rarity of the event she's dreaming about, and essentially describes as "much larger." This was an incredibly rare event, even if it happened in her own lifetime.

Edited by Raptor Witness

The risk of a larger earthquake registed above 7.6 to M8 could strike the San Andreas fault region of southern California from Parkfield to Palmdale being north of L.A. to southeast of Palm Springs, and due to a rash of tremors off the coast of Sinaloa in Mexico (three were M5-6), the projected zone extends to northwest Mexico from Baja California to Nayarit on the Pacific coast, increases from Early April to Late August (most likely in Mid-June). We had a M7.2 last year on Easter (April 4th), and the seismic stress level recently heightened in the Anza-Borrego and Mojave Deserts.

What happened t the last thread? i remember making a prediction about a huge event happening in march because of this dream i had. After the japanese earthquake, I decided to go back and check. and my dream occured in the november of 2010, so idk... mightve been a coincidence, but im just curious right now. >.>

aww, I just found it and read it. I said a BIG war will occur during March of this year :C

From my mind right now, I'm not going to change what I wrote or anything, so you can disregard it as a fail, but I must say that it was only destruction and poverty I saw in the dream. Like, a really poor ghetto, with everything burnt and black. SO maybe I predicted it and just thought it wrong. I don't even know. But based on what I wrote, I am wrong :C beside the month and year... but the day was 3 days off :C

Edited by Nenaptio

Predicted it. See 3-b Earthquakes.

New.

Tokyo

6.11.11 3 am.

magnitude 8.1

Cool those reactors bury and abandon it.

• The topic was unpinned