Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Julian Assange: Bad Boy or SAVIOR?

regeneratia

Resistance From a Cage: Julian Assange Speaks to Norwegian Journalist Eirik Vold

Friday, 01 March 2013 00:00 By Eirik Vold, Truthout | Interview

This is an exclusive English translation of an interview published Saturday, February 16, 2013, in the Norwegian news outlet Dagens Næringsliv.

http://www.truth-out...list-eirik-vold

Hainelein, a great philosopher and scifi authur, once wrote "Secrecy is the hallmark of tyranny". Since I have grown up with Heinlien's literary guidance, I dislike the secrecy that governments use while their citizens pay for being kept in the dark. This is an Era of Sunshine. It is time we KNEW what these elected and non-elected people are doing with our money. We need to know how they behave towards each other, world leaders, and the world at large. I would venture to say, there is no more secrecy as people move towards a cognition that rapidly sees thru governmental deceit.

As for me, I expect better behavior from my government. Far better than they ever have before. I demand our governments function in a much more honorable and upright manner.

How does this article make you feel about the current state of Mainstream Media?

Is Assange a hero or a villian?

As you read this article, ... IF you read this article..., it would be nice for you to relate your thoughts on this forum. Always keep in mind, as Shakespeare and Dr. Robert Anthony assure us, there is no right or wrong. There are only difference sets of consequences and different lines of thinking. No one will be "wrong" if they decide to reflect their thoughts here.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

He's an idiot. That's what he is. And he's "running away from the law" which makes him a criminal too.

Assange is going to be hounded for the rest of his life for revealing some of the secrets of the the Western power structure. And I don't believe the allegations of sexual abuse/crimes; I think he's been set-up and the accusations are a means of legitimizing his persual. My only question is was he full cognizant of the personal consequences of his actions? I think the world would be a better place if there were more transparency; a lot of ugly things dwell in the darkness.

• Like 2

I think you've gotta be pretty out of touch if you believe that assange is being pursued because of the alleged charges he is fighting. Its very obvious that the allegations are false and the motive is to get him into custody and ship him to the rouge nation of America where he will be incarcerated for life for revealing the truth about our wicked governments. I hope if assange gets captured there are 20 more gonna take his place.

• Like 3

Assange is neither a "hero or villain" he is just a messenger that the US government want to shoot...

If there was no truth to the stories Assange has released, then why do the US government want him so bad, and class him as a terrorist ?

Because he stands for the truth, Assange is a hero.

Assuming, of course, that one favors standing for the truth, that truth is a good thing.

I get the impression hes a megalomaniac, having never met him and only having the typical resources 'Media' as reference, sure hes a 'truther' but havent we had 'truthers' for decades, people who actually follow leads, hunt down issues and stories, Assange opened a website and took the credit for other peoples risks, until the Manning cablegate, Assange and wikileaks were practically non entities, only really known amongst hackers. What i do find interesting is how he has used wiki and the whole truth 'thing' as a money making scheme, books, film rights, 'donations', tshirts, mugs, caps, you name it its got a wiki logo on it for a price, wasn't he even forcing people to donate to be able to read wiki updates ?.

He's an idiot. That's what he is. And he's "running away from the law" which makes him a criminal too.

Agreed. He's also a traitor, and should be dealt with accordingly.
  • Like 1

he is someone who's broken the law - and potentially raped people - and done things in the name of the greater good, as he sees it.

A "traitor, and should be dealt with accordingly" ? I do not see how or why You would think that...

It was not Assange that got hold of whatever information/documents that he published on wikileaks...

It was not Assange that committed the offences the US government committed/supposedly committed...

As far as I am aware, Assange never signed any documentation (in UK it is the Official Secrets Act, not sure if You have the same/similiar thing in US) swearing him to secrecy, unlike some/most of the people that gave him the information/documents, who most likely did sign...

Assange is nothing more than a messenger that has p****d off the US government by "airing their dirty laundry in public" and leaving them with egg on their face...

• Like 2

Who has he betrayed?

he is someone who's broken the law - and potentially raped people - and done things in the name of the greater good, as he sees it.

What law has he broken?

• Like 1

assange and wikileaks came out of nowhere and almost immediately appeared on time magazine, the Economist and other corporate outlets.

it has to be seriously considered whether assange is a limited hangout psyop.

alternative media has been around for much longer and exposed much more than assange, yet largely ignored by the corporate media.

its in the interest of the powers that be to control opposition. fake opposition is nothing knew.

its also been pointed out that high level google staff have connections to wikileaks, and google is part of the corporate power structure. what better way to control damage for the PTB to encourage whistleblowers to go to a controlled central point such as wikileaks. the internet is diffuse, it doesn't need wikileaks.

to those that will stamp their feet over the above statement - what has wikileaks exposed exactly?

assange and wikileaks came out of nowhere and almost immediately appeared on time magazine, the Economist and other corporate outlets.

it has to be seriously considered whether assange is a limited hangout psyop.

alternative media has been around for much longer and exposed much more than assange, yet largely ignored by the corporate media.

its in the interest of the powers that be to control opposition. fake opposition is nothing knew.

its also been pointed out that high level google staff have connections to wikileaks, and google is part of the corporate power structure. what better way to control damage for the PTB to encourage whistleblowers to go to a controlled central point such as wikileaks. the internet is diffuse, it doesn't need wikileaks.

to those that will stamp their feet over the above statement - what has wikileaks exposed exactly?

I have heard that interpretation before--that Wiki & Assange are part of the Zionist network. Anything is possible, of course, but that theory does not seem likely to me.

If that were the case, I doubt he would be in the predicament he's in today. I doubt that a Zionist agent would have angered the US government so thoroughly.

Wikileaks exposed the Collateral Murder video, which I've seen, and a horde of cables and such that I have not read. Both simply reveal, prove, the mendacity and murderous ways of the US government. Sure, some folks have known that for years, but the fact remains that they put all that dirty laundry out for public view. Dirty Laundry that the mainstream media works hard to conceal.

Wiki is rather the UNmainstream media, as 7Up is the UNcola. :unsure2:

• Like 1

how do you suppose one could run away from the law in this day and age of globalism and electronic surveillance?

people are extradited with no evidence.

• Like 1

"angered the US government so thoroughly."

in order to create fake opposition, you have to pretend you are angered, correct?

"Wikileaks exposed the Collateral Murder video"

these things were on the internet and widely known for years before assange, like i said what has he exposed? what is his big achievement? does it really surprise anyone that people get murdered on a battlefield?

"a horde of cables and such that I have not read."

so you can;t say exctly what these cables exposed and did not expose.

"prove, the mendacity and murderous ways of the US government."

actually no, people get shot up on a battlefield does not prove murderous ways to most people's perception. they expect people to get killed in war, and they also expect people to get murdered, the video does not implicate government, more it implicates rogue behaviour of individual soldiers.

"Sure, some folks have known that for years, but the fact remains that they put all that dirty laundry out for public view. Dirty Laundry that the mainstream media works hard to conceal."

people whose source of information is tv will unlikely go to wikileaks

people who get information from the alternative internet sources don't need a wikileaks.

if i was a whisltblower i don't need to go to wikileaks. look at climategate - it was released anonymously on the internet without going to a "wikileaks", they still don't know (or aren't saying) who released it.

I'm sure you know that Bradley Manning just 'fessed up on the gunship video. And while there were other videos of delivery of aerial weapons and the slaughter of men on the ground, none (IMO) were as egregious as the Collateral Murder video, primarily because of the audio included.

As far as I'm concerned it is a battle going on, with the sides being those who would keep virtually everything from the public regarding criminal acts by the government, and those who would keep the public informed directly about the crimes of government. There have been others, but certainly Daniel Ellsberg was the prototype of the latter, at least during my lifetime.

So, while it's possible that Assange is working for government, it seems quite the opposite to me. I am unable to perceive any evidence supporting that position. With many in the federal government calling for his head, I just find that interpretation rather far-fetched. I like Alex Jones, and mostly he speaks the truth, but he is only human.

that theory does not seem likely to me.
look at it like this - if assange is not fake opoosition, then who is?

to think there is no fake opposition is naive.

as i said - what has he exposed exactly that is so damaging to the government that can be compared to for instance the work of gary webb

Resistance From a Cage: Julian Assange Speaks to Norwegian Journalist Eirik Vold

Friday, 01 March 2013 00:00 By Eirik Vold, Truthout | Interview

This is an exclusive English translation of an interview published Saturday, February 16, 2013, in the Norwegian news outlet Dagens Næringsliv.

http://www.truth-out...list-eirik-vold

Hainelein, a great philosopher and scifi authur, once wrote "Secrecy is the hallmark of tyranny". Since I have grown up with Heinlien's literary guidance, I dislike the secrecy that governments use while their citizens pay for being kept in the dark. This is an Era of Sunshine. It is time we KNEW what these elected and non-elected people are doing with our money. We need to know how they behave towards each other, world leaders, and the world at large. I would venture to say, there is no more secrecy as people move towards a cognition that rapidly sees thru governmental deceit.

As for me, I expect better behavior from my government. Far better than they ever have before. I demand our governments function in a much more honorable and upright manner.

How does this article make you feel about the current state of Mainstream Media?

Is Assange a hero or a villian?

As you read this article, ... IF you read this article..., it would be nice for you to relate your thoughts on this forum. Always keep in mind, as Shakespeare and Dr. Robert Anthony assure us, there is no right or wrong. There are only difference sets of consequences and different lines of thinking. No one will be "wrong" if they decide to reflect their thoughts here.

Assange is mentally ill with a narcissist disorder.

If he wants to have a pop at the government thats one thing but he has targeted individuals. He thinks its his right to list the names, occupations and addresses of thousands of people putting their lives at risk. With his mental disorder I'm inclined to at least consider the possibility of the rape allegations being true.

My name, occupation and address are also on Wikileaks making me concerned. They should storm the embassy and get him deported to Sweden or the US (whichever wants him first). For trying to evade justice they should give him life and if any individuals have been attacked because of their details being on Wikileaks they should give him the gas chamber.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

"With many in the federal government calling for his head, I just find that interpretation rather far-fetched."

so why do they not have his head?

just last week the UK government stripped two of its born and bred citizens of their citizenship so the US could kill them with a drone.

its one thing calling for a head, its not the same as wanting to get his head.

consider this - a consensus is being built using assange for internet censorship to pass draconian laws.

hey babe ruth, see what is happening - read right wings post.

so someone kills someone and assange gets the blame, and by extension anyone not toeing the line is in the same boat, then the public follow the pied piper and accept shutting down of dissent on the internet. its not far fetched, its modus operandi.

I like Alex Jones, and mostly he speaks the truth, but he is only human.

Were you aware that Alex Jones has been discredited and fell for that faked WTC7 video?

Edited by skyeagle409

look at it like this - if assange is not fake opoosition, then who is?

to think there is no fake opposition is naive.

as i said - what has he exposed exactly that is so damaging to the government that can be compared to for instance the work of gary webb

On the most obvious level, the fake opposition is the 'other' party in our bankrupt 2 party system. The fake opposition, assuming that there must be a fake opposition (I suspect there is in certain cases) might stem from that left-right paradigm.

The real opposition are the several whistleblowers such as Manning, Ellsberg, Edmonds, and a host of others whose names escape me at the moment. People who have provided information and evidence of government law breaking.

Assange is real IMO, not fake. That, because he has sure angered the Brits and the US, to the point that even Sweden has to get in on the faked rape case. They want him real bad, and I don't think he is part of the game.

"With many in the federal government calling for his head, I just find that interpretation rather far-fetched."

so why do they not have his head?

just last week the UK government stripped two of its born and bred citizens of their citizenship so the US could kill them with a drone.

its one thing calling for a head, its not the same as wanting to get his head.

consider this - a consensus is being built using assange for internet censorship to pass draconian laws.

They do not have his head because he has managed to call their bluff in Sweden, and to stay one step ahead of the authorities, if you will. And the willingness of Ecuador to stand up to the Gringo del Norte, el Diablo.

Calling for his head is a figure of speech I employed. Neither Biden nor Feinstein has actually called for his head, but both have called for imprisonment under espionage statutes. What's the difference?

It may very well be that a consensus is being built using Wiki as a foundation. That rather makes my point that he IS the enemy of the state, and what he did angered the state.

To say that Assange planned or contemplated such a consensus is way far-fetched.

In the end, our discussion leads to the "either-or" solution. Either he IS working for the government, OR he is not. Until more facts emerge, I don't see how the case can be made that he's working for the government. I know the Zionists are good, and that Murdoch is an Aussie on their side, but I just can't see how he's working for the government of the west. He may be vain and conceited, but that does not make him wrong.

The irony is that because of this image we are discussing, this hypothetical we're discussing, mistrust has been successfully sown. There are a certain number of people who today see Wiki and Assange as being dangerous and working for the government's agenda. Yes, those practicing propaganda for the government are most skilled in the art of deception. :yes:

"They want him real bad, and I don't think he is part of the game."

I think that is a rash conclusion and appeals to a simplistic view of the world.

I encourage you to research Cass Sustein, Soros, google exectives, and their connections to wikileaks.

edmonds and ellesberg don't need and never used wikileaks, i suspect the manning story is also a pysop.