Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Uri Geller in Greece: part three

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Wikipedia</strong>
Image credit: Wikipedia
Peter Fotis Kapnistos: Metal bending celebrity Uri Geller first became conscious of his strange ability when he was approximately five years old. He was playing in a neighbor’s yard in Tel Aviv when “a light from the sky” hit him and knocked him to the ground. Soon after that, he was having a bowl of soup — when his spoon bent and broke.

Years later, an Israeli man named Yaakov Avrahami recalled in the past going to a Tel Aviv bus station and seeing a ball of light: “At that certain moment I noticed a little boy with a white shirt come out from the building to the left.” Avrahami said he saw the ball of light trail the youngster.

The exact cause and composition of ball lightning has yet to be determined. There may be several different varieties. But it usually appears as a grapefruit-sized sphere of light moving slowly through the air, which may end by fizzling out or exploding.

Prominent witnesses have observed ball lightning in previous times. In Acts 2:3, “tongues of fire” seemed to float around on the day of Pentecost. Czar Nicholas II, the last Emperor of Russia, reported seeing a ball of light float into the window of a small church while in the company of his grandfather: “The ball (it was of lightning) whirled around the floor, then passed the chandelier and flew out through the door into the park.”

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 22 January 2010 - 10:38 AM, said:

Peter Fotis Kapnistos: Metal bending celebrity Uri Geller first became conscious of his strange ability when he was approximately five years old. He was playing in a neighbor’s yard in Tel Aviv when “a light from the sky” hit him and knocked him to the ground. Soon after that, he was having a bowl of soup — when his spoon bent and broke.

Years later, an Israeli man named Yaakov Avrahami recalled in the past going to a Tel Aviv bus station and seeing a ball of light: “At that certain moment I noticed a little boy with a white shirt come out from the building to the left.” Avrahami said he saw the ball of light trail the youngster.

The exact cause and composition of ball lightning has yet to be determined. There may be several different varieties. But it usually appears as a grapefruit-sized sphere of light moving slowly through the air, which may end by fizzling out or exploding.

Prominent witnesses have observed ball lightning in previous times. In Acts 2:3, “tongues of fire” seemed to float around on the day of Pentecost. Czar Nicholas II, the last Emperor of Russia, reported seeing a ball of light float into the window of a small church while in the company of his grandfather: “The ball (it was of lightning) whirled around the floor, then passed the chandelier and flew out through the door into the park.”

I read that Uri may have received these abilities from the Nine. Is there any truth to this story? If so does has he had any contact in recent years?

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#3    Drj312

Drj312

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

uri geller has been proven to be a fake numerous times

#4    sjolies

sjolies

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

The year 2009 is now coming to a close, and it's time to take a look back over the past 12 months through photographs. Historic elections were held in Iran, India and the United States, some wars wound down while others escalated, China turned 60, and the Berlin Wall was remembered 20 years after it came down. Each photo tells its own tale, weaving together into the larger story of 2009. This is a multi-entry story, 120 photographs over three days.
================
mazda 6 cars
chicago prom limousine

#5    thatRobGuy

thatRobGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

John Lennon

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:16 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 22 January 2010 - 10:38 AM, said:

Seriously? Uri???   What a joke...

Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!   ~Me

#6    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,635 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

View PostPresqueVuDoo, on 31 January 2010 - 04:16 AM, said:

Seriously? Uri???   What a joke...

Agreed. I've seen his appearance in The Tonight's Show with Johnny Carson. Uri backed off when Carson challenged his "powers" with his own objects. Owned!  :)

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,214 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

View PostSlimJim22, on 24 January 2010 - 11:13 AM, said:

I read that Uri may have received these abilities from the Nine. Is there any truth to this story? If so does has he had any contact in recent years?

Who or what is the "Nine", SlimJim?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users