Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Casey Anthony judge speaks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

What do you guys think of the judge's opinion?

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The judge who presided over the trial of Casey Anthony said Monday he believed there was enough evidence to convict the Florida mother who was acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter.
Judge Belvin Perry told NBC's "Today" show that he thought there was sufficient evidence for a conviction on a first-degree murder charge, even though much of the evidence was circumstantial.

Anthony was acquitted almost two years ago of killing her daughter, Caylee, following a trial that attracted worldwide attention. She was convicted of making false statements to police and got credit for time served.

When he read the jury's verdict, Belvin said he felt "surprise, shock, disbelief" and read it twice.

Full story

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

I always felt she was guilty but if she was she wouldn't be the first to beat the rap when they shouldn't have.

#3    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

shes guilty
she should
be locked  up for being "completly insane" , she clearly is if she keeps lying to police

Posted Image

#4    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,461 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's disheartening to say the least to hear a judge say "even though much of the evidence was circumstantial."

#5    writerkeith

writerkeith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwat...w&askthisid=540

#6    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

I trust 12 members of the public over any judge, any day.

#7    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

if this devil is not guilty then give her a polygraph test, demand answers and demand truth, i want to know who did it and why

...........phew, sorry but as you can see, i really dont believe the jury in this one

Posted Image

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

View Postwriterkeith, on 08 May 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwat...w&askthisid=540
This is satire right? Half this crap you made up.

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Interesting that the comments to your article make it infinitely longer than it might otherwise be. :tu:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#10    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

her and oj show how trully rotten our system is.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I read your article, and though I disagree with it (mainly because of the comments I read afterwards) I commend your courage in writing it, it at least made me think a little. Also, I don't blame anyone for agreeing or disagreeing, but I think those who disagreed could have kept a more civil tongue in their heads. The last time I checked, it is God's job to judge, not theirs.

Posted Image

#12    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I totally agree with aztek, our "so-called" justice system, coddles the criminals!!!  There's never any justice for the victims, not ever!!!!
That wicked witch, casey anthony, is and always will be, guiltier than sin itself!!!!  Eventually, she'll reap what she sowed!!!!
One day, she'll let her guard down, then, her karma will stomp her down to hell, where she belongs!!!!!!

#13    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postarcher95446, on 08 May 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

I totally agree with aztek, our "so-called" justice system, coddles the criminals!!!  There's never any justice for the victims, not ever!!!!
That wicked witch, casey anthony, is and always will be, guiltier than sin itself!!!!  Eventually, she'll reap what she sowed!!!!
One day, she'll let her guard down, then, her karma will stomp her down to hell, where she belongs!!!!!!

AMEN SISTER!

Posted Image

#14    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

What really convinces me of Casey's guilt is that she never called the police. Wasn't it the grandparents who called? What mother wouldn't call the police if her daughter were even missing just a few hours?

Posted Image

#15    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postaztek, on 08 May 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

her and oj show how trully rotten our system is.

IMO ~ it's not our legal system that's rotten, more to the point it's the career players. Considering the volume of criminal cases that go before U.S. courts in a calendar year, I don't believe these two very high profile cases are quite examples of an overall rotten legal system, (2 overall rotten people though). Big part of the 'rotten' is media, always with an agenda.  Very few 'news' outlets report just the facts, not without editorializing.

I've never read a statement from a judge making the jury wrong for their decision.  Not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never read/heard one before. Trying to extract a wee bit more from his original 15-minutes?.  All the attention gets comfortable, maybe even expected for some folks put in the position. Remember Judge Ito had his moments in court, too.  Just recently an AZ prosecutor dyed his hair after a few weeks of being broadcast live on national tv, which produced a fan club in his name. One day he was salt & pepper grey-haired, the next day not. Conscious of the camera?  Without a doubt.  Attention on such a scale has an effect, different for everyone I'd suppose, but an effect nonetheless.

Edited by Leftcoastgal, 26 May 2013 - 08:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users