Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Happy Thanksgiving

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Pumpkin_Blythe

Pumpkin_Blythe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• I'm very good at integral and differential calculus,
    I know the scientific names of beings animalculous

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

Thats too funny, my friend has that image in her signature on another site. lol
What are the chances of that?

Posted Image

#17    different

different

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

• I'm not a jock,
    I'm not a goth,
    I'm not popular,
    I'm not a nerd,
    I'm not normal.
    What am I ?
    That's quite simple, I'm me.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

ha ha larious!  w00t.gif

#18    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:29 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

And to make things better, my school is going to the State Football Division I Championship!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#19    Dante The Hunter

Dante The Hunter

Let The Hunt Begin..........

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

• The Gun-Slingin', Sword Swingin', White Haired Slayer of Those Who Wont Stay Dead

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:44 PM

thanks beckys mom!! grin2.gif:D

Posted Image
sig by the almighty Tiddlyjen, all praise!!!!!!
av by the merciful Barman, rock on man!!!

We Arent Tools Of The Government, Or Anyone Else. Fighting Was The Only Thing I Was Ever Any Good At, But Hell, At Least I Fought For What I Believed In

#20    seanph

seanph

Government Agent

• 3,490 posts

• "Time has drawn us toward the commonsensical-sounding yet elusive moral truth that people everywhere are people, just like us."--Robert Wright

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:13 PM

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL! wink2.gif

"Any religion whose prerequisites for individual salvation donít conduce to the salvation of the whole world is a religion whose time has passed."--Robert Wright, The Evolution of God

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

bounce.gif <--My - I'm so chuffed that you all like it dance!!

Have a good one!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:24 AM

Thanks Beckys_Mom. grin2.gif

Happy Thanksgiving all Americans! original.gif

The First Thanksgiving Proclamation

June 20, 1676

"The Holy God having by a long and Continual Series of his Afflictive dispensations in and by the present Warr with the Heathen Natives of this land, written and brought to pass bitter things against his own Covenant people in this wilderness, yet so that we evidently discern that in the midst of his judgements he hath remembered mercy, having remembered his Footstool in the day of his sore displeasure against us for our sins, with many singular Intimations of his Fatherly Compassion, and regard; reserving many of our Towns from Desolation Threatened, and attempted by the Enemy, and giving us especially of late with many of our Confederates many signal Advantages against them, without such Disadvantage to ourselves as formerly we have been sensible of, if it be the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed, It certainly bespeaks our positive Thankfulness, when our Enemies are in any measure disappointed or destroyed; and fearing the Lord should take notice under so many Intimations of his returning mercy, we should be found an Insensible people, as not standing before Him with Thanksgiving, as well as lading him with our Complaints in the time of pressing Afflictions:

The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God's Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being perswaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and soulds as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ."
------------------
The First Thanksgiving Proclamation (June 20, 1676)

On June 20, 1676, the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts, held a meeting to determine how best to express thanks for the good fortune that had seen their community securely established. By unamimous vote they instructed Edward Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving, our first [in what is now the US] . That proclamation is reproduced here in the same language and spelling as the original.
Source

Edited by __Kratos__, 24 November 2005 - 08:36 AM.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:25 AM

Thats the 1st time I have actually read something like that.

We where never taught anything about thanksgiving at school, so it's intresting to read up on it..and then some

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#24    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!..I hope you have a safe and wonderful day!..

user posted image

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#25    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

Thats the 1st time I have actually read something like that.

We where never taught anything about thanksgiving at school, so it's intresting to read up on it..and then some

It's curious there was no mention of Native Americans joining them in that feast as protrayed over time in our schools. They speak of "heathen natives", "covenant people in this wilderness" and "enemies".

After reading that last night, I got curious of how it is being taught that they merged as one group on the day of Thanksgiving...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#26    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! grin2.gif

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users