Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Werewolves

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

No.  No werewolves.

Biology doesn't work that way.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#17    DarkCreed

DarkCreed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us...

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 23 April 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Well I didn't think so, but I was just reading that thread about the person who woke up sore and it made me think: The other day I was awake and had a stomach ache, I farted and it went away, I thought it was just gas at the time but now I know this means I'm a werewolf and I therefore do believe!

Life is truly amazing. There is still so much unknown out there! Don't be tricked by facts...

Edit: Because I believe was it ok that I wrote a paragraph? If not, I'm sorry. Just wanted to share my experience.

Edit edit: Structure of my edit.

Ah, its okay. I just don't want a dis believer going on with like, I don't know...Saying stuff that they don't exist. You know, I may be wrong about werewolves. But like you said, don't be tricked by facts.

#18    DarkCreed

DarkCreed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us...

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostxROCKIEx, on 23 April 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

No, a person cannot transform into a wolf...

I never said that they can transform.

#19    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostDarkCreed, on 23 April 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I never said that they can transform.

Isn't that the basic definition of a werewolf? Or has it changed again like sparkly vampires.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#20    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostDarkCreed, on 23 April 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Ah, its okay. I just don't want a dis believer going on with like, I don't know...Saying stuff that they don't exist. You know, I may be wrong about werewolves. But like you said, don't be tricked by facts.

BTW - welcome to the forum.

Now, you should probably recognize that when you post something you will receive responses that are pro and con.  If a non-believer says "No" they will likely explain WHY they say what they do.

Just as a believer may support their belief.

You'll get all flavor here.  :)

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#21    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

No I don't believe in the pop culture , Teen-wolf type werewolf.

I have however heard some compelling arguments that perhaps in previous eras , such as in the Beast of Gevaudan story, there was an unidentified subspecies of wolf which were misidentified as "werewolves".

Welcome to the forum

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#22    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostDarkCreed, on 23 April 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

there are many viewpoints on many, many topics here at UM.  If you limit your exposure to only the ones you agree with, then what positive service have you done for yourself?  Perahps I'm being idealistic when I say that a discussion board such as this, is designed to entertain, inform, and hopefully in the process facilitate personal growth through interaction with people who strengthen our views, but also through reading the viewpoints of those who would disassemble our views.  Both are equally valid.

I came to UM a believer in many things that would be considered paranormal and I thought that I was basing those beliefs on solid logical thought.  Then, through participating in discussions I began to realize how flimsy my thinking was.  Now I am more of a skeptic, though an open-minded one.  I'll always change my thinking in the face of incontrivertable evidence.  

At any rate, my path and yours likely won't be the same - nor should they be - but if you deny yourself the exercise of participating in discussion, you are only stunting your own growth.  

Oh and I think that Timothy was being sarcastic about being tricked by facts.  ;)

Namaste' :)

Edited by orangepeaceful79, 24 April 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#23    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,060 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I don't believe in Werewolfs.

Realistically speaking, if Werewolfs existed, atleast in urban neighborhoods, you'd hear of people going missing nearly every week, and investigators finding the mangled remains of the last unfortunate victim.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#24    Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I'm not a believer in werewolves.  However, the idea of the werewolf rising at the full moon connects well with some resurrection myths, and I think it partially expresses that notion.  Compare with Artemis, who is a deity of the Moon, and is also a hunter of wild beasts; Buddha, who confronts the armies of Mara by the full moon, to achieve enlightenment.  And Amun. '..who gives breath to him who is wretched . . . His wrath passes in a moment; none remains.  His breath comes back to us in mercy.'

#25    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostDarkCreed, on 22 April 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I am curious to see how many people here believe in werewolves? I never had seen one, or a creature that looked like one but you know, the truth it out there.

To all of you who don't believe in werewolves, just say you don't. Don't go on with a big paragraph about why you dont think they exist, you never seen one before have you? Maybe that is stopping you from believing?

I believe in werewolves and other 'fantasy' creatures. I believe in other demensions.

No and yes. IMO, there's a few different takes in the whole werewolf mythos. My disbelief or belief kind of shifts around. So.

Bitten by wolf, physically transform into a wolf, shift by the light of the moon kind of were? No.
Mental and physical afflictions that are very wolfie? Yes.
Real canines or other critters that are misidentified? Yes.
The whole spiritual travel or melding or whatever with a wolf kind of thing? I'm not sure. I don't think we have enough information in that area.

I have a lot of different notions on how werewolf legends come into being and keep wandering around, but I don't think those count on the yes or no sides of belief :)

#26    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

They are very real within my nightmares... and perhaps Michigan too.

#27    mattryan209

mattryan209

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

I have never,and most likely will never believe in the existence of werewolves, sorry :(

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#28    mattryan209

mattryan209

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I rarely doublepost,but perhaps some of the idea from people turning into wherewolves came froma real medical condition  called hypertichosis or if excessive "Wherewolf Syndrome".http://en.wikipedia..../Hypertrichosis

Posted Image

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#29    TheLostProphet14

TheLostProphet14

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• "I now veiw life like a game, every dession is like a diffrent turn. "-Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostxROCKIEx, on 23 April 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

No, a person cannot transform into a wolf...
Ok, Werewolves dont Transfom into wolves for one, they turn into half and half, the perfect mixture of man and beast.

Yes, I do beleive in both werewolves and Lycans.
And before any of you say anything, YES there is a diffrence

Im a werewolf nerd! Gonna hate? Come at me! Ill tear you apart!

#30    TheLostProphet14

TheLostProphet14

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• "I now veiw life like a game, every dession is like a diffrent turn. "-Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 24 April 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I don't believe in Werewolfs.

Realistically speaking, if Werewolfs existed, atleast in urban neighborhoods, you'd hear of people going missing nearly every week, and investigators finding the mangled remains of the last unfortunate victim.
But! How do we even know that Lycanthropes would even attack humans? We dont! For all we know, they could be like Josh from Being Human and have recognized their desiease and find a way not to harm humans, ever think of that?

Im a werewolf nerd! Gonna hate? Come at me! Ill tear you apart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users