Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

IRAQ... very interesting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#16    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:36 PM

a tump isnt a fall Nx2heaven......all make mistakes. wink2.gif  

IŽm an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#17    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

interesting Student&Alive

its ok for someone to put forward one sided opinions with no evidence, but its wrong for someone to dispute them?  not very anarchist to me:D

#18    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

My point wasn't about disputing claims without proof.  I think we ALL KNOW BY NOW that there is no solid proof either way.  My point was about saying that it was FICTION instead of NOT PROVEN.  That is all, just respect one another's opinion and right to believe anything they want.  'kay?

Edited by babyforrest, 19 June 2004 - 01:51 PM.

Let's rock this joint!

#19    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

Take your own advice and don't try and tell me I'm wrong is stating 'my opinion' that its a bunch of fiction' ... KAY!

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#20    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

Phantom could you please clarify if taht is lies.

If it is it should be removed.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#21    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (wunarmdscissor @ Jun 19 2004, 05:43 PM)
Phantom could you please clarify if taht is lies.

If it is it should be removed.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, wun. The bit about the Q'uran 9:11 verse? If so, I added a link to my earlier post which debunks it.

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#22    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jun 19 2004, 10:06 AM)
Take your own advice and don't try and tell me I'm wrong is stating 'my opinion' that its a bunch of fiction' ... KAY!

It seems that nothing of any religious content can be said here without nonbelievers jumping all over it to tell believers how wrong they are about religion.  Religion can neither be proven nor disproven, so all I ask is that you not go on tangents stating that nxt2hvn's post is pure fiction.  If you want to argue about it, then go look up one of the millions of religion argument threads here and read them.  I for one, am tired of hearing that my beliefs are all wrong, and not even being able to discuss it with anybody here.  There's my 2 cents.  It probably won't make a difference, but at least I got to say it.  It's been bothering me for a while.

Let's rock this joint!

#23    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

So you consider it OK to push a Pro-Christian veiwpoint but its somehow 'wrong' to post an opposing view.... How very typicaly fundamentalist of you.

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#24    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:28 PM

So you think that no religious viewpoint can be said here without an argument breaking out?

Let's rock this joint!

#25    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (babyforrest @ Jun 19 2004, 01:28 PM)
So you think that no religious viewpoint can be said here without an argument breaking out?

Arguments tend to be the end results of anything religious around here...It always comes down to the "I'm right therefore you must be wrong" mentality, that then devolves into a screaming match about who did what to whom over the past 2 millennia.

It's all very predictable...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#26    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 06:37 AM

noone complained when Beckjord posted his vague crappy pictures and we slammed him for it, while he said its because 'we can't see' whats there. Now go to any christianity thread on this site, and watch the similar logic ensure, just with a bunch of whiners complaining about people asking them to post such trivial things as evidence and the like:)

#27    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:01 AM

Thanks phantom ......

I had a feelin that Nxt2Hvn was talkin crap.

BTW this is why a lot of americans think that they can do anything they want .

They actually believe that god sent teir nation to rid the world of evil lol its scary. ha

BTW tro everyone readin this post.

Seein as her quote was crap, theres no point in arguin over it lol.

BTW bathory your right theres plent of religious threads to have this argument over elsewhere.

I personally find it borin lol.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#28    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:15 PM

There are things that people believe in that I don't, such as the existance of bigfoot and aliens.  But whenever I see a thread of people discussing it with other believers, I don't say anything to them about how I don't believe in that sort of thing, and how wrong they are about their beliefs.  There is no solid evidence of their claims, and I don't believe it.  But I don't say it to them, and there are several reasons for this.  Because I haven't experienced what they have, so I really don't know.  It isn't my place to push my beliefs of how wrong they are.  Above all, because it's just plain rude.

Now regarding Eric Beckjord. rolleyes.gif   I can't believe you're even going there.  That guy was crazy.  End of story.  If you think that our beliefs in God is the equivalent of EB's fuzzy pictures of nothing, then I really can't help you.

Some people here have a strong hatred of religion, and have zero tolerance for people who are religious.  There is an incredible amount of evidence that supports this claim.  The fact that people cannot discuss religion here without certain people jumping in and letting their displeasure of the conversation be known supports this claim.

Some may say that this is typical of me, but I don't really care anymore.  I don't think Fenris even knows me well enough to say what is typical of me and what isn't.

Let's rock this joint!

#29    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

And yet another one bites the dust....  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#30    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:14 PM

babyforrest Posted on Jun 20 2004, 02:15 PM
Some people here have a strong hatred of religion, and have zero tolerance for people who are religious. There is an incredible amount of evidence that supports this claim. The fact that people cannot discuss religion here without certain people jumping in and letting their displeasure of the conversation be known supports this claim.

Ah now I'm going to put my view across. Most people don't HATE religion, what people DISLIKE ( and there is a difference ) is the fact that people that advocate one type of religion, be it Pagan, Islam, Christianity, only believe that their point of view is the right one. And unfortuantly that's what got people's back's up about the post that Hvn posted...
And she herself stated:
here are a few important facts regarding the important history and roles that this nation has played down through history.

So in fact she did present them as facts. I have a History Degree and I will dispute things IF I think they are wrong..and so did a few voice their opinions about the validity of those 'facts'. Suddenly everyone is jumping over each other to say questioning things is wrong. Because it SHOULD  taken on face value that it's correct. And how dare they yet again question the validity of the facts as supplied by the Christian Church( in whatever denomination ) and the Bible.

Hvn then said
I didn't post this to start a "your beliefs are wrong... mine are right" thread... just thought I would share some information I thougt was interesting.... and just posted it as "something to make you think"...

But the way it was posted conveyed other wise. And a word to the wise next time think a little more before posting.

If we didn't question, we wouldn't learn, if we don't have different views on a whole number of topics... would we have evolved into the beings that we are today... No I don't think we would. People are who they are by their own actions and beliefs.

To quote Shakespeare
What a piece of work is man!
How noble in reason.
How infinite in faculties.
In form and moving, how express and admirable.
In action how like an angel.
In apprehension, how like a god.
The beauty of the world.
The paragon of animals.

thanks hun I'll lock it again now... I was in the middle of this when you locked it.. thumbsup.gif  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users