Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mom Runs Down Daughter's Kidnapper

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

According to HLN affiliate KOAT, police say David Jesus Hernandez got out of his car and grabbed a 4-year-old girl as she was walking her bicycle into her apartment complex. Hernandez then allegedly shoved her into his car, got in and drove off. According to KOAT, a group of teenagers saw it all happen and ran to find the girl's mother.

KOAT reports that neighbors also saw it happen and began yelling at Hernandez as he drove away. All of the attention prompted Hernandez to push the girl out of his car and drive off. But at that point, the mother was already in pursuit. And not knowing that her daughter was now safe and out of the car, she reportedly drove after the alleged kidnapper with 911 on the phone the whole time.

http://www.hlntv.com...leged-kidnapper

This lady deserves a Bad Ass Mom of the Year award!  Hope this guy gets his ass kicked in prison over and over again.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,909 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

He is saying he is innocent, but the last set of fingerprints on the steering wheel with tell us if he is telling the truth or  lying.
Anything less than life will be a disgrace if he is guilty.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,014 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

what's the bet she's going to be charged?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 17 May 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Meh, they can try - but if anyone can legitimately claim to be temporarily insane it's a mother in danger of losing her child to a potential abductor.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Don't blame her at all.  Someone has got your kid you go after them.

#6    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Mom Runs Down Daughter's
Kidnapper
I hope to christ she backed up over him
repeatedly
when she ran him down.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#7    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Never get between a momma and her little ones.

Thank goodness she was safe.

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,219 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

I say good for her!!

Depends on the local government, but she might be charged. If she is, she'll probably do more time then the kidnapper, because he'll get less time for testifying against her.

The Law is not always about Justice.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

She didn't run over the kidnapper.  She chased after his car with her car, arguably (though not definitely) forced him off the road, and then crashed her car against his.  He got out and ran for it.  Later that evening, he turned himself in.

Momma is bad-ass, no doubt about that, but come on...this story is interesting enough without all the embellishments.

#10    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,937 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 17 May 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

No way in Hell...

I bet $20.00

edit : I did not read the story, if it is in the USA, my bet goes up....If not, no bet.

Edited by Sakari, 18 May 2013 - 05:37 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#11    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 18 May 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

She didn't run over the kidnapper.  She chased after his car with her car, arguably (though not definitely) forced him off the road, and then crashed her car against his.  He got out and ran for it.  Later that evening, he turned himself in.

Momma is bad-ass, no doubt about that, but come on...this story is interesting enough without all the embellishments.
you ever hear the phrase 'turn of phrase'?

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#12    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yep.  It refers to a distinctive, persuasive, or artful way of describing a situation in a manner which clearly conveys the intended meaning, without directly assigning responsibility or passing moral judgement, i.e (with credit to Disney)

"I chased a polecat up a tree,
Way out upon a limb.
And while he got the best of me
I got the worst of him!"

Newspapers used to be very good at this.  Nowadays they lean more towards sensationalism, with the occasional alarmist headline.

More interesting, and less misleading (at least, we wouldn't have people talking about running them over, backing up over them, and running over them again), something along the lines of "Man attempting kidnapping meets mother attempting manslaughter!"

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

You go mama ! My mother would have done the same .No joke .

Miss me?

#14    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

If that was happening to my child I would have done exactly what she did. She got one creep caught in the act of abducting a child and who would hopefully be off the streets to prevent the similar to happen to another innocent child. She should receive a medal.

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 18 May 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yep.  It refers to a distinctive, persuasive, or artful way of describing a situation in a manner which clearly conveys the intended meaning, without directly assigning responsibility or passing moral judgement

well, i'm glad you decided to slightly alter the wiktionary definition instead of just copy & pasting it in its entirety, although, i'm not sure what responsibility or moral judgement could be ascribed to the turn of phrase- 'he's built like a brick s**thouse wall'

(at least, we wouldn't have people talking about running them over, backing up over them, and running over them again)

and why shouldn't we have? being repeatedly run over would be the LEAST of his worries if he'd tried to abduct either of my daughters.
you'd be amazed at the things you can do with something as simple as a kettle & a bacon-slicer.....

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users