Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can I inherit Psychic Abilities

XxMaximumxX

Can i Inherit Psychic Abilties from my Grandmother who was a witch the town has known her as a "Evil witch" but i condisder her a blessing an lately ive been having vision and seeing a spirt of a little boy in my room and my mother recently told me i might have inherited it from my Grandmother...Can that be true?

Can i Inherit Psychic Abilties from my Grandmother who was a witch the town has known her as a "Evil witch" but i condisder her a blessing an lately ive been having vision and seeing a spirt of a little boy in my room and my mother recently told me i might have inherited it from my Grandmother...Can that be true?

IMO, no. Because then its genetic, and should be detectable.

But, assuming i believed in this stuff, then yeah, maybe. As it could be passed on the same way other "gifts" may be passed on. Like i said, it would make it genetic, but if any psi abilities are somehow passed on through this, then youd think you could inherit it.

Abilities are actually stored in your dna from a previous lifetime. sometimes you can 'remember' how to do something by a series of coincidental things you have done to 'jog' it back into your current position on the 3rd dimensional level. Be aware that (obviously imho, but i tell you now this is how it is) our lives are weaved so intricately from a soul-perspective in terms of life plan and experiencial needs of this particular life. Even before we are born it is all decided by our higher selves. This includes having family ties, which could show that your lineage and an aspect of your interdimensional selves is and has been connected for quite some time.

This means that your ability needs nurturing, you should show no fear, for fear is a pointless construct, what will be will be! You will be given small clues here and there, like little coincidences when you are doubting yourself the most, so keep an eye out for them(or special people coming into your life to help with your gift).

Lol, I hope I didn't go too deep, I just saw that there was something in this for you.

Good luck

p.s. other abilities can be unlocked through tracing past life regression and revisiting a place that you have been to already, maybe you left yourself something somewhere ;)

Abilities are actually stored in your dna from a previous lifetime. sometimes you can 'remember' how to do something by a series of coincidental things you have done to 'jog' it back into your current position on the 3rd dimensional level. Be aware that (obviously imho, but i tell you now this is how it is) our lives are weaved so intricately from a soul-perspective in terms of life plan and experiencial needs of this particular life. Even before we are born it is all decided by our higher selves. This includes having family ties, which could show that your lineage and an aspect of your interdimensional selves is and has been connected for quite some time.

This means that your ability needs nurturing, you should show no fear, for fear is a pointless construct, what will be will be! You will be given small clues here and there, like little coincidences when you are doubting yourself the most, so keep an eye out for them(or special people coming into your life to help with your gift).

Lol, I hope I didn't go too deep, I just saw that there was something in this for you.

Good luck

p.s. other abilities can be unlocked through tracing past life regression and revisiting a place that you have been to already, maybe you left yourself something somewhere ;)

Where are they in the dna? Why havent we fouun them?

Do you think teens will ever get tired of claiming or wanting magical powers on this board?

:w00t:

Do you think teens will ever get tired of claiming or wanting magical powers on this board?

Do you think that it's only teens? :w00t:

Do you think that it's only teens? :w00t:

Sadly no. :tu:

Lol it's in the part that 'scientists' call 'junk' dna, in amongst the pointless things that they tell us not to worry about because they are scared to say that they haven't got a clue.

Our universe is a vast vast place of many possibilities, i wonder if maybe putting certain parameters on physics and not including the subtle energies may have been a part of the problem along with ego and pride in the construct of our interpretation of 'all that is'... so to assume that what we are told is the truth would be a foolhardy venture would it not?

If your next question is what subtle energies then i think you are missing the big elephant in the room squire.

Namaste

Abilities are actually stored in your dna from a previous lifetime.

When you die, the cells in your body die and I assume dna dies or degrades in some fashion but don't know for sure.

Now lets assume your were Joe Smith in your previous life and are now George Williams in this life. Can you explain to me how the dna of dead Joe miraculously left the grave, traveled the distance to your mothers and fathers house and mixed with their dna so the ability would be passed on?

Lol it's in the part that 'scientists' call 'junk' dna, in amongst the pointless things that they tell us not to worry about because they are scared to say that they haven't got a clue.

Our universe is a vast vast place of many possibilities, i wonder if maybe putting certain parameters on physics and not including the subtle energies may have been a part of the problem along with ego and pride in the construct of our interpretation of 'all that is'... so to assume that what we are told is the truth would be a foolhardy venture would it not?

If your next question is what subtle energies then i think you are missing the big elephant in the room squire.

Namaste

There is no junk dna.

Keep up with science.

Just having a vast universe, doesnt mean far fetched things exist.

Subtle energies?

IMO, no. Because then its genetic, and should be detectable.

But, assuming i believed in this stuff, then yeah, maybe. As it could be passed on the same way other "gifts" may be passed on. Like i said, it would make it genetic, but if any psi abilities are somehow passed on through this, then youd think you could inherit it.

Scientists are only able to translate a small portion of genetic code into understandable concepts. So it very well may be genetic. Agent Mulder, you have a very level head in scientific terms. It is good to know that there is at least one non biast person alive today.

Do you think there will ever be someone who can actually say for sure whether these claims are true or not? Don't insult poeple on false claims.

DNA? what a rediculous argument. how does that argument work. If every human being is capable of some form of psychic ability, wouldn't the DNA in all people then be the same and undetectable? or what about a Piano playing DNA sequence? Do you need to be able to detect the ability to play the Piano with DNA as well? Or the ability to read or dance? And is there someone actualy paying big money to look for a psychic gene?

Elevator Granny . Yes it appears that many psychic traits tend to be passed down. just like a talent for music or a love of writing. One school of thought is that it is passed on during the growth phase when childrens brains are absorbing and learning from there environment and experiences..

And can posters please refrain from Mocking other members. I'm sure you're all well aware of the forum Guidelines for this section.

Edited by Kismit

Do you think there will ever be someone who can actually say for sure whether these claims are true or not? Don't insult poeple on false claims.

Yes. I can say for sure since not one has proven themselves. Thats a fact.

Eric,

How many tests have you conducted? (not just asking people at U.M. to prove themselves)How varied have these tests been? Nobody has ever proven Dark Matter exists, and yet scientists believe that it's certainly there somewhere.

You claim to be Skeptical but you never even question your self. A true skeptic is always asking questions and would not step into an argument with an absolute, without evidence.

Eric,

How many tests have you conducted? (not just asking people at U.M. to prove themselves)How varied have these tests been? Nobody has ever proven Dark Matter exists, and yet scientists believe that it's certainly there somewhere.

You claim to be Skeptical but you never even question your self. A true skeptic is always asking questions and would not step into an argument with an absolute, without evidence.

Well kismit, its the fact that no ones been able to prove anything, under any controlled situtations.

Eric,

One, I have said numerous times I tried to do such activities in my early 20's with no result.

Two, even though you probably wont belive this. I would give just about anything for this to be true. It would be one of the greatest days in my life.

So, do you just believe any random person that makes claims. Thats what it sounds like you are saying. Just curious.

FYI. Even though I am a skeptic, I now belive in some type of higher power, not sure what it is, so I guess that is faith, BUT for people that claim magical abilities they should not expect us to take their words on faith. :)

I am not taking any body's word for anything. But I am also not claiming they are making it up for what ever reason either. Because that would be just as bad, wouldn't it?

Agent Mulder, neither has Dark matter been proven or evolution and even gravity. But they are all things that I believe in. Dark matter in particular has never been found or proven to exist in a controlled experiment.

And we could go on to discuss the difference between theories and theorum and indeed good old postulations but we would only be arguing semantics when all is said and done. And we have strayed far enough of topic. Dismissing someone purely because you choose not to believe in something is as bad as accepting something just because you want to believe in it. Evidence is essential but you won't find it if you refuse to look.

I am not taking any body's word for anything. But I am also not claiming they are making it up for what ever reason either. Because that would be just as bad, wouldn't it?

Agent Mulder, neither has Dark matter been proven or evolution and even gravity. But they are all things that I believe in. Dark matter in particular has never been found or proven to exist in a controlled experiment.

You can be serious? Have been living in solitude since birth?

*Edit* The thing is, if we HAD some dark matter, in controlled environments, we Could test it, to see how accurate our idea of it is.

Same with evolution, we have the evidence for it, and it holds up and is fact.

Your argument is wrong, as if these people had these powers, then we could actually test it.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

I am assuming you actualy meant 'can't be serious'. Or have been living in solitude since birth. Not sure how that has anything to do with anything and I'm guessing we will have to just disagree on the fact that my argument is wrong because I could easily make the same argument for a psychic power as you do for dark matter. Firstly i would have to define exactly what it was I was looking for however and then try and find a way to reproduce it.

I have seen and experienced evidence for psychic abilities, I have seen my son who has been the most gifted. My Mother, my sister, my grandmother all display some form of ESP. Nothing that can be controlled by them and nothing I would know any way of measuring.

However my main point of discussion has been that, posters should not come in to a thread to mock someone asking a question. The O.P. never claimed to be able to shoot flames out of thier eyeballs or to be able to conduct telepathic conversations with big foot. They asked a simple question about wether psychic powers could be heriditary. And I notice they haven't been back, I do hope it wasn't because somebody assumed they might be teens who would never get tired of claiming or wanting magical powers on this board?

If people believe that these things don't exist then, if they never post in this section it will make no difference to their lives, at all. If people who do believe get a chance to feel comfortable about posting here they will have a chance to decide for themselves if they wish to continue to believe or not. But it's a pretty safe bet, that if the only positive you're getting from posting in here is a negative. There will be very little achieved for anyone.

• Like 1

I am assuming you actualy meant 'can't be serious'. Or have been living in solitude since birth. Not sure how that has anything to do with anything and I'm guessing we will have to just disagree on the fact that my argument is wrong because I could easily make the same argument for a psychic power as you do for dark matter. Firstly i would have to define exactly what it was I was looking for however and then try and find a way to reproduce it.

I have seen and experienced evidence for psychic abilities, I have seen my son who has been the most gifted. My Mother, my sister, my grandmother all display some form of ESP. Nothing that can be controlled by them and nothing I would know any way of measuring.

However my main point of discussion has been that, posters should not come in to a thread to mock someone asking a question. The O.P. never claimed to be able to shoot flames out of thier eyeballs or to be able to conduct telepathic conversations with big foot. They asked a simple question about wether psychic powers could be heriditary. And I notice they haven't been back, I do hope it wasn't because somebody assumed they might be teens who would never get tired of claiming or wanting magical powers on this board?

If people believe that these things don't exist then, if they never post in this section it will make no difference to their lives, at all. If people who do believe get a chance to feel comfortable about posting here they will have a chance to decide for themselves if they wish to continue to believe or not. But it's a pretty safe bet, that if the only positive you're getting from posting in here is a negative. There will be very little achieved for anyone.

I chose solitude, as opposed to living under a rock. As youre statements were false.

If these people do exist, then we should be able to test their gifts, as we have them and theyre something tangible.

What argument did i use for dark matter? The same one im using for a psychic? Except, if dark matter is what we claim, then there can be "evidence" for it. But yes, we arent able to test it. Unlike evolution and gravity, which we know are real, because we have the pieces, and have been able to test it.

We should be able to test psychics, and their gifts. Yet for some reason, we cant.

Gravity, dark matter and evolution and I do hate to say it are all just theories, not that I don't agree that they exist. That is not false information.They are theories. I didn't make them that way. That is fact.

Define for me what it is that you would be testing a psychic for. In quantifiable amounts.

Gravity, dark matter and evolution and I do hate to say it are all just theories, not that I don't agree that they exist. That is not false information.They are theories. I didn't make them that way. That is fact.

Define for me what it is that you would be testing a psychic for. In quantifiable amounts.

Thats fine if you think theyre just theories, it just means you have no understand of evolution of gravity then, and havent really looked into the subjects. Scientific theories explain observable facts. Fact.

Dark matter isnt up there yet, with gravity and evolution.

What type of psychic? Define that please.

Your run of the mill generic "i can read your mind/see the future" kind? What would i look for in them?

That's what I asked you for Mulder. I honestly could not define your, as you put it, run of the mill psychic. Becuase in my experience there is no such thing as run of the mill standard. Uri Gellar type of person and no I do not believe that Uri gellar had special powers. But i can tell you that 2 weeks before my family had our near fatal accident my mother had a vision of my husband and I driving along the road and she saw what she thought were leaves blowing into our faces. How would you quantify and test for that?

And if you wish to believe I have no concept of the realities of scientific principles that's fine. I'm not here to discuss that. I've been here long enough to prove myself.