Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

bible code

fallingalien

do you think it's true?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. do you think it's true?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isis-999

• Pyxis

• marduk

• Alfaman

The bible code is a statistical party trick and nothing more

Somebody proved that by using the same system on "Moby Dick" with similar results

Unless you think Herman Melville is the greatest prophet in the history of mankind

i mean the book was good but........

If you're still unsure i suggest that the next thing you read is "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis"

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/StatSci/

thumbsup.gif

Somebody proved that by using the same system on "Moby Dick" with similar results

Unless you think Herman Melville is the greatest prophet in the history of mankind

i mean the book was good but........

If you're still unsure i suggest that the next thing you read is "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis"

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/StatSci/

thumbsup.gif

757218[/snapback]

i fell it is not true should not mess about with think on the bible only to lean about jeues and god him self

Edited for foul language

Edited by BurnSide

Fallen, Everything is not some great conspiracy.. We have been on this topic already to day.. But since you missed it... Take any book..large book..lots of words....And i promise you :You will find the same codes, it's about the number of words....any large book works.. They have proven this with the book Moby

Dick.. thumbsup.gif

No, I don't think the Bible Code is true. I also heard of that system used on 'Moby Dick' and although fascinating . . . that's just it . . . it was fascinating.

mellow.gif

sleepy.gif OK break the convention of Nostradamus and the like and actually use this so called encrypted prophecy finding to actually predict something before it happens.

Now that would be impressive.

Edited by DeAth_Of_CaRTMan

They always find the code after it has happen.. Tell me something i have yet to hear on the news.. thumbsup.gif

I wonder what would happen, and what 'prophecies' would be revealed if we did this trick with Websters Unabridged Dictionary?

It ought to be..... educational.

We'd no doubt learn that the words "Aardvark" and "Platitude" were engaged in a conspiracy to overthrow the World.. grin2.gif

sleepy.gif OK break the convention of Nostradamus and the like and actually use this so called encrypted prophecy finding to actually predict something before it happens.

Now that would be impressive.

757243[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's never going to happen grin2.gif

They never could do that and even if they did.. it would be a random find ..Like a bomb going off..something thats going to happen any way! innocent.gif

The bible code is rubbish. The way the "messages" are found could lead to anything being found, some of the codes have gaps of 8 letters between the letters used, and they only work if you set out all the letters in rows and columns.

Yes I used the same technique on Stephen King's The Stand, and learned that otters are the world's true evil devil.gif

Yes I used the same technique on Stephen King's The Stand, and learned that otters are the world's true evil  devil.gif

758324[/snapback]

Always thought there's something shifty about them, it's the eyes

The guy who first came up with the bible codes issued his main opponent a challenge. Come up with a code in Moby Dick.

He did.

Yep, they're almost too cute to be good. Definitely evil

Edited by Pyxis

Yep, they're almost too cute to be good. Definitely evil

758353[/snapback]

They'll lull you into a false sense of security then when you lease expect it they'll go for the jugular. Those sea otters even use weapon.

Somebody proved that by using the same system on "Moby Dick" with similar results thumbsup.gif

757218[/snapback]

Nooo way ... Moby Dick had 3 or 4 "codes", the bible seems to have thousands...

the thing people always ask is why doenst the Bible code predict things beofre they ahppen ??

well first it isnt a "crystal ball" and second you would have to know what to look for ...

Bible Code Index

Ok, if you have to know what to look for then using it for anything but hindsight is useless.

And using it to find things that have already happened is just finding what you want to find.

Its not useless...if our future is written there and weare able to find it ...maybe we will be able to correct the wrongs ??

I'm not much to believe prophecy because it's always to vague. You can read anything into it. Those that say they new what was going to happen before they it did, are more than likely looking for attention.

If feel the bible code is one of those things. You always learn about what it says after the fact.

That's not prophecy it's hindsight.

Drosnin issued this challenge: "When my critics find a message about the assassination of a Prime Minister encrypted in [the novel] Moby Dick, I will believe them."

Professor Brendan McKay, of the Department of Computer Science at the Australian National University, took up Drosnin's challenge and made extensive computer searches through the English text of Moby Dick.# Using the same method described by Drosnin, McKay found "predictions" of the assassinations of Indira Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, and others. According to McKay, he discovered that Moby Dick also "prophesied" the murder of Yitzhak Rabin.

he left it there because he'd already proved this theory erroneous

had he continued he would have found just as many messages in the book as drosnin had. thumbsup.gif

Does Dan Brown know about this?

unsure.gif

It would be interesting if they could find just one code, and share before the fact and not after. yes.gif