Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are pyramids a message from the past?

Stixxman

Is it possibe that pyramids were left behind by an earlier civiliztion as a message?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possibe that pyramids were left behind by an earlier civiliztion as a message?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Definitely no
    • Its possible but unlikely
    • what are you smokin

This is just a fun idea i had. What if a previous civilization was destroyed by a natural disaster. The survivors are scattered all over the place in the rush to escape the disaster. Now faced with the demise of their culture the survivors decide to protect their knowledge the only way they can. By making stone monuments that incorporate their math and science. Like a super sized encyclopedia. And they do this all over so that it will be definitely preserved. The tale of their people over time becomes a legend, and then eventually just another fun story. What do you think, please indicate what your poll choice was as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stixxman

• marduk

• Pseudomorph

• Atlantis Rises

Top Posters In This Topic

100% of the voters agree with me! tongue.gif

Any opinion Kazius

I voted possible but unlikely.That's all people voted.Or maybe it was the leprechauns.Who knows original.gif

Hey did you not read the thread on sirius.. Ok sorry, i vote maybe but not likely.... I guess they could be, But i would think not.. thumbsup.gif

Edited by isis-999

The pyramids were burial chambers or at least buildings that were designed to show the King's power and wealth etc.

There are probably some other reasons.

Nothing fantastical.

I chose yes because the other choices are basically the same thing and it's the closest to what I think... but only close...

NO, Definately no, unlikely, an what you been smokin? Doesn't leave alot of room there...

Hey Ed whats so fantastical about it? It does not include aliens and rogue planets, and only gives credit for what is now being discovered about the dimensions of these buildings.

Stixx, either there has been a misunderstanding or a lack of understanding on my part.

To clarify, I said there is nothing fantastical about the pyramids.

The problem with your thesis is the actual facts

i realise that doesn't normally hold anyone back when coming up with a new theory about egypt and not many people show as much irrefutable research as was done recently when it was proved conclusively that the egyptians gods were canine.

Heres the problem.

the pyramids were not built as a storehouse of scientific knowledge to teach future generations because since the time of the first pyramid being built on earth there has been no natural disaster impending or otherwise that has threatened the societies in which the builders lived

ergo ipso facto quid proquo

in other words

what are you smoking

and can you send some to me

w00t.gif

I voted possible but unlikely, as in "small but nonzero probability" of that statement to be true. However, the more I read about similar propositions, theories and suggested evidence, in my book that probability is growing. I guess the best thing to do, to preserve a message for future, is to "write" it into something that will last longer than paper or tales.

Some names that come to mind about the theory that the pyramids were cleverly built with precisely deliberate architectural properties (angles, number of columns, bricks, etc...) are Bauval, Hancock, Munck, Maurice Cotterell, Becker&Hagens' Global grid system, etc...

ok sorry I didn't reat the post good enough... I was really mostly looking at the question an figured if some iceman's shoe can be interpreted as a "message from the past" in that we can learn from it, than the same could be said of the pyramids... Even kinda like the original post there says... it Can teach us about what math and such they had, maybe not on purpose as the original intent of the construction but ahh well...

You said the H word shame on you.

I was just trying to figure out what you thought by your other reasons comment. And I'm not only talking about egypt I'm talking about all the pyramids all over. Could there not be some method to this madness?

You said the H word shame on you.

I was just trying to figure out what you thought by your other reasons comment.  And I'm not only talking about egypt I'm talking about all the pyramids all over.  Could there not be some method to this madness?

759106[/snapback]

He's allowed to say the H word in a serious statement as he's still a newbie

heres the official newbie word cut off list

"H" or "GH" 100 posts

"S" or "ZS" 200 posts

"B" or "RB" 300 posts

"D" or "DB" 400 posts

"A" "L" OR "M" 500 posts

forgive him for he knows not what he does innocent.gif

The method of pattern analysis and statistical significance. Lesson #1:

Record entire signal, even if SNR is very low. Subject to recursive Fourier analysis and decaying signal regression decorrelation.

What goes after is for Lesson #2, maybe another day. geek.gif

So, if GH (and I said GH, so sue me) is pure, statistically insignificant noise, it is still part of the bigger picture that will be sprawled from any decent analysis. If nothing else, it could give you weird ideas.

Besides, I enjoy reading them. Ain't it fun?

And Marduk, I ain't a newb anymore. I'm extraterrestrial now. cool.gif

Yes I agree it does in principle add to the total fund of knowledge.

If nothing else but then to claim "Yes, I've read GH and I think that's total bull because of this and that.", otherwise you can't claim that.

Know your enemies! - The old one goes....

I like that.

The method of pattern analysis and statistical significance. Lesson #1:

Record entire signal, even if SNR is very low. Subject to recursive Fourier analysis and decaying signal regression decorrelation.

What goes after is for Lesson #2, maybe another day.  geek.gif

So, if GH (and I said GH, so sue me) is pure, statistically insignificant noise, it is still part of the bigger picture that will be sprawled from any decent analysis. If nothing else, it could give you weird ideas.

Besides, I enjoy reading them. Ain't it fun?

And Marduk, I ain't a newb anymore. I'm extraterrestrial now.  cool.gif

759236[/snapback]

you'll always be a noob until you pay more attention

"in a serious statement "

saying that Z.S is a fruitcake is allowed at any point

saying you agree with anything he says after 200 posts invites mass flaming

and we all get to have a barbecue

thumbsup.gif

And here I thought you were his biggest booster, weird. huh.giftongue.gif

I voted: Yes

w00t.gifph34r.gif

Marduk is going to grind his teeth . . . He was trying to teach me ancient history, but I turned out not to be a very good student.

mellow.gif

sarcasm for sarcasm nice thumbsup.gif