Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

denied an abortion

glorybebe

The debate over legalizing abortion in Ireland flared Wednesday after the government confirmed a miscarrying woman suffering from blood poisoning was refused a quick termination of her pregnancy and died in an Irish hospital.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/14/ireland-abortion-death.html

That is horrible! So, two deaths instead of one. They knew the pregnancy was unhealthy and rather than save the woman, they made her suffer the death of her child and then die a horrible death herself?! How cruel is that!?

• Like 1

That is disgusting. :td:

Some people are so stupid.

• Like 1

more info is coming out about this. According to BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20321741) and CNN ( http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/14/world/europe/ireland-abortion-controversy/index.html?hpt=hp_t4), the debate is on as well as inquiries being made to find out what happened. I am sure that someone will be a scape goat in this and I'll bet it isn't the person who made the final decision.

:'(

And this is what the GOP wants in the USA . Ugh. If men could get pregnant ,do ya think it would be legal ,EVERYWHERE ?

• Like 2

And this is what the GOP wants in the USA . Ugh. If men could get pregnant ,do ya think it would be legal ,EVERYWHERE ?

If men could get pregnant the morning after pill would be available in supermarkets and vending machines in pubs.

• Like 1

If men could get pregnant the morning after pill would be available in supermarkets and vending machines in pubs.

lol very true. The death of the mother could have been prevented if the doctor's would have used common sense. The baby was miscarrying, they knew that but still would not help her until it died? IMO those doctors were cruel and need to remember why they became doctors in the first place- to HELP people.

Abortion should be abolished in Britain, too. Only barbaric nations murder innocent children.

• Like 1

Only a barbaric nation ignores a medical solution that could have saved a mother's life.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

Only a barbaric nation ignores a medical solution that could have saved a mother's life.

Abortion isn't a medical solution. It's child murder.

• Like 1

When it's the only way to save a woman's life? It's a solution to the question 'should we let them both die?'

• Like 1

Breaking my silence to say:

The baby died anyway, along with the mother.

You brainwashed souless little ****.

• Like 3

"Again on Tuesday morning … the consultant said it was the law, that this is a Catholic country. Savita said: 'I am neither Irish nor Catholic,' but they said there was nothing they could do," Praveen Halappanavar was quoted as saying.

By Saturday she was dead.

Happily not living, or being pregnant, in Ireland.

I like the country, but this is just medieval.

When it's the only way to save a woman's life? It's a solution to the question 'should we let them both die?'

No. We should let the baby live. Nobody forced the woman to become pregnant in the first place.

The woman was seventeen weeks along, her symptoms seem to indicate she was miscarring but at the time the child's heart was still beating, this lead to the blood poisoning and then to a few of her organs failing. If the child had been removed when she requested it, it's believed she would have lived. Read the article and it explains it. There were two options, end up with two dead people, or have the woman live but abort her child. Which is murder?

• Like 2

The woman was seventeen weeks along, her symptoms seem to indicate she was miscarring but at the time the child's heart was still beating, this lead to the blood poisoning and then to a few of her organs failing. If the child had been removed when she requested it, it's believed she would have lived. Read the article and it explains it. There were two options, end up with two dead people, or have the woman live but abort her child. Which is murder?

Well... as I see it the abortion of a non - viable foetus is NOT murder. What IS murder is the part that the Roman Catholic Church imposes on Nation States in determining their Laws when it affects non- Catholics. Separation of Religion and State is what is at stake here - I do not want to be forced into accepting Hysterical, Jihadist - like, Christian doctrines when my own belief system believes them to be nothing more than subjugation of my own personal rights..

The Irish Govt needs to face Negligent Manslaughter charges, IMO

• Like 1

Abortion ...IS a womans choice.......

No MAN anywhere on earth has a right to impose his thoughts, beliefs or anything else...

Even though I never chose to have one. ITS important that the choice would have been mine.

I'm not saying use it as birthcontrol...

People really need to take on their on life , and not worry so much about everyone elses .

• Like 1

No. We should let the baby live. Nobody forced the woman to become pregnant in the first place.

You didn't read the article did you?

He is only saying it because he has nothing better to do. He is proberly a selfish ..

I don't know...Abortion is the killing of a baby, before it gets born, and it's of course immoral, but what should happen at cases like this? What i feel sorry most is her husband though...

Edited by CuriousGreek

I don't know...Abortion is the killing of a baby, before it gets born, and it's of course immoral, but what should happen at cases like this? What i feel sorry most is her husband though...

No it isn't, at 17weeks, and failing , it would never have become a "baby". NO, it is not immoral unless we all have to subscribe to your own belief system.

I feel the most sorrow fior the death of a woman unecessarily because some despotic Religious Cult has managed to impose it's views on a nation of disparate believers.

• Like 2

That is so true.

Erm.. The baby was dying and taking the mother with it..... I don't see how the second part of what you said is relevant in any way.

How is it murder if the baby was going to die anyway?

• Like 1

I wonder if the tune from the pro-lifers would change if it were themselves, or their spouse, laying there fighting for their life.

It's so damn easy having opinions about other peoples distress.

• Like 4

The doctor's told her that the baby was dying. They MADE her wait until the baby died before they would help her. If they knew the baby was dying anyway and there was no way to save it, then they should have helped her.

• Like 2