Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women in Paris can finally wear trousers

Still Waters

A 200-year-old law forbidding women to wear trousers in Paris has finally been revoked.

On January 31, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, France's minister of women's rights, made it officially impossible to arrest a woman for wearing trousers in the French capital.

The law required women to ask police for special permission to "dress as men" in Paris, or risk being taken into custody.

http://www.telegraph...r-trousers.html

• Like 2

Guess I didn't know they couldn't.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Ahh... the French.

Better late than never; however, I think these two might still be on the books:

It is illegal to sell dolls with alien faces – they must have human faces.

It is illegal to land a flying saucer in a vineyard.

(Did you know that in 1954, during the height of the “alien invasion” craze, an appellation in France passed a law making it illegal to land a flying saucer in a vineyard? Imagine crossing the galaxies to another planet, only to get a parking ticket once you landed. No wonder the aliens never stay!) [source: http://www.moonstonecellars.com/radio/?p=90]

:alien:

• Like 2

Silly law and one that definetly needed up-dating, but, personnally I like to see woman in dresses. Its so much more feminine (and sexy)

Easy ladies, just my opinion.

• Like 1

Great, now they have change the song lyrics.

There's a place in France, where the trousered ladies dance. :whistle:

• Like 1

So, does this also mean that, in France(apart from theater performance), men are allowed to wear dresses? :w00t:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

So, does this also mean that, in France(apart from theater performance), men are allowed to wear dresses? :w00t:

I thought they already did? :D

• Like 1

They could have saved the ink and time, nobody was respecting the law anyway....

• Like 1

There are so many outdated laws on the books everywhere that if the cops had it in for you they could still arrest you to this day over them. At least France got rid of one here.

• Like 1

Ahh... the French.

It is illegal to land a flying saucer in a vineyard.

:alien:

I would love to see a vid of a drunken ET UFO pilot.

Or is that why some so-called UFO's have erratic flight patterns?

Bet those Roswell ET's first landed in a vineyard in France and then crashed in the US. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

My favorite 'odd' law is from Chino, California... It is against city ordnances to detonate a nuclear weapon within the city limits... There is a $500 fine attached...

• Like 3

My favorite 'odd' law is from Chino, California... It is against city ordnances to detonate a nuclear weapon within the city limits... There is a $500 fine attached...

I am at a loss for words.

• Like 1

$500, is that all, seems a bit low.

Does anyone know how many people have these nuclear weapons stored in their shed in Chino?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how many people have these nuclear weapons stored in their shed in Chino?

I had to take mine elsewhere, didn't like the fine.

• Like 2

Have you been to Chino?... $500 would about cover the damages...

(j/k)

• Like 2

Anybody would think they wanted a nudist colony in Gay Paree.

Though I would prefer that to any country that incorporates Sharia law.

Though there's nothing wrong with trouser suits especially in the world of high finance and business.

It's good because they are not showing cleavage because these sexual harassment suits can be hell.

It must feel very liberating for these women and a reminder of their bra- burning fom their hippy heydays.

What? You thought it just happened in the States.

Edited by Medium Brown