Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Takes 5 yr Old hostage

Ashotep

I can't believe that little boy is still being held hostage. I hope he isn't being treated badly

In the state where I live a senator said our main mental hospital was in horrible shape. She said it reminded her of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest only worse. Plus there is only a little over 600 psychiatrists in the state and its hard to get in to see one especially if you don't have money. I don't think most insurance will pay for seeing a psychiatrist. I may be wrong about that.

600 psychiatrists in the state

Thats hard to believe considering the number of people that major in psychology in college. I suppose the jobs arent there for the number of people with degrees

• Like 1

Seems lots of my arguments are being proven by the news lately, cause and effect happening, with my suggestions starting to sink in to everyone that comments. It is mostly common sense, but some others lack it during time of emotional turmoil.

This is unfolding about 200 KM from my hometown. So far no motive or demands have been made public. He is uniformly despised as a sick, mean spirited person by his neighbors and I fear that if this is his personality then the longer this goes on the less chance that 5 year old will ever live to see 6. I can understand that people are under far more stress these days because of the economy and the 24/7 bad news from all over the world, but when a person takes it into their mind to intentionally target the only remaining innocents on the planet? THAT IS EVIL at work. God help the child and give his family strength to bear their crisis.

• Like 3

Thats hard to believe considering the number of people that major in psychology in college. I suppose the jobs arent there for the number of people with degrees

Psychology is the study of the way the brain works, psycharitry is the treatment of disorders in the way the brain works.

School shooting happens, media heralds the shooter as an anti-hero, gets heaps of attention. Now every nut with a gun is out in full force. The media has a lot of blood on their hands.

I hope the kid gets released. As people have said earlier he definitely has some mental issues and just snapped.

As for the gun argument. Remove the guns and there will be something else in his hand anyway or an illegally obtained gun. So tell me, what is the problem then, guns?

School shooting happens, media heralds the shooter as an anti-hero, gets heaps of attention. Now every nut with a gun is out in full force. The media has a lot of blood on their hands.

I hope the kid gets released. As people have said earlier he definitely has some mental issues and just snapped.

As for the gun argument. Remove the guns and there will be something else in his hand anyway or an illegally obtained gun. So tell me, what is the problem then, guns?

Right. The problem is not guns at all, rather mental illness.

And for those who think the Gov. wants to take away your guns... that's simply not true.

It's new purchases of certain weapons and such.

So get the idea of "the Gov wants to take away our guns" out of your heads.

I would of shot a 120lb dog if it came on my property if it looked frightening friendly looking or a smaller dog I would of scared off. I would be sorry to if I left a dog to die slowly instead of killing it outright. A tad bit over the top about shooting his gun over an argument but people rarely listen to arguments about damaging people's property unless forced in to it by law enforcement(Which he hates) or a lawyer.

Old guy snapped and knows how law enforcement works and people work. Like the dog that died from the pipe maybe he wants to go out the same way with the bonus of leaving a message of leave my stuff alone? Couldn't be that our society is pushing people to the breaking point at all right? No can't do that we can't be held liable for what we do to other even if by accident.

Edited by Jinxdom

Right. The problem is not guns at all, rather mental illness.

And for those who think the Gov. wants to take away your guns... that's simply not true.

It's new purchases of certain weapons and such.

So get the idea of "the Gov wants to take away our guns" out of your heads.

Of course its true. Heck fienstein(sp?) has directly expresssed a will to ban all guns in America. So has Eric Holder.

• Like 1

Any updates? Praying for the boy.

I was thinking the same.. Wondering what update there are?

EDIT I googled it, he still has the kid.. Looking coloring books and toys for him now too..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I was thinking the same.. Wondering what update there are?

They are both still in the hole....The boy has recieved toys and such....Not that that helps. I am sure he is screwed up in the head for life now.....Maybe our next School Shooter in 15 or so years.

I would of shot a 120lb dog if it came on my property if it looked frightening friendly looking or a smaller dog I would of scared off.

You would shoot a dog if it came on your property?......Yet, scare a smaller dog off?

Why not scare either one off.....

If you can shoot a dog no problem, and just because it looked " frightening ", you are the same person as the old man in the hole in my opinion.

They are both still in the hole....The boy has recieved toys and such....Not that that helps. I am sure he is screwed up in the head for life now.....Maybe our next School Shooter in 15 or so years.

I think the last part of that post is a bit of a stretch ..

I think the last part of that post is a bit of a stretch ..

It is, I must be in a bad mood this morning...

I had just searched for any new information before I posted. He is still in there, still crying for his parents.

I did not mean that in a bad way. I had just watched how kids deal with trauma like this, and it was not good. They basically said he will have a lot of " things " to deal with through life. I doubt he would be the next person to do harm to anyone.....

It sucks though, what this old crazy guy is doing, and has done to him, is almost worse then a death sentence. He could be very screwed up after this.

I hope the old dude gets the death penalty...

I wonder why they can not slowly put a sentless sleeping gas through that pipe, when they think he is all ready sleeping?.....They talk to him, they must know when he may be resting.

• Like 1

It is, I must be in a bad mood this morning...

I had just searched for any new information before I posted. He is still in there, still crying for his parents.

I did not mean that in a bad way. I had just watched how kids deal with trauma like this, and it was not good. They basically said he will have a lot of " things " to deal with through life. I doubt he would be the next person to do harm to anyone.....

It sucks though, what this old crazy guy is doing, and has done to him, is almost worse then a death sentence. He could be very screwed up after this.

I hope the old dude gets the death penalty...

With the man asking for meds and food along with coloring books and toys for the boy.. It does confuse me as to what he really wanted the child for? If he was going to really hurt him., then why allow him to have his meds and give him what he likes and needs? I cannot get my head around what this man is playing at? Has he taking a liking to this kid? OR is he biding time, keeping the kid happy enough to get something else from authorities Does he plan on killing the kid? I really cannot understand it all

I wonder why they can not slowly put a sentless sleeping gas through that pipe, when they think he is all ready sleeping?.....They talk to him, they must know when he may be resting.

I have no idea what they are planning to do.. For all we know they could have the boy out by tonight or tomorrow?

OR is he biding time

I would put my money on this. He has humanized the boy which is a good sign for his chances of not being killed as long as LEO/FBI dont go irrational. Cause obviously the guys missing a few nuts and bolts.

I find it strange how hes managed to stay cooped up with an ADD kid for 6 days in an enclosed bunker and not gone ballistic. For anyone that knows what an ADD kid can be like you know what Im saying.

So I dont believe he has any intention to harm the boy but when his food/water supplies run out the scenario will change. This could be a long standoff depending on how he had that bunker stocked.

I find it strange how hes managed to stay cooped up with an ADD kid for 6 days in an enclosed bunker and not gone ballistic. For anyone that knows what an ADD kid can be like you know what Im saying.

The kids parents liked being cooked up at home now and again with him and will give anything to be again.. Besides the man being in his state might be relating to the kid? Found a connection of some sort? They are not on the same mental pathway, but there could be a small part of the kids presence that the man seems to be liking? He probably finds this kids more interesting than other kids he has met? I don't know, I am just guessing

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Besides the man being in his state might be relating to the kid? Found a connection of some sort? They are not on the same mental pathway, but there could be a small part of the kids presence that the man seems to be liking? He probably finds this kids more interesting than other kids he has met? I don't know, I am just guessin

Thats why I used the term hes humanized him. Noone knows really. The child is a hostage at this point. If the child wasnt there the LEO's would already have taken care of this guy. The kid is the only thing between him and Prison/Death.

• Like 1

You would shoot a dog if it came on your property?......Yet, scare a smaller dog off?

Why not scare either one off.....

If you can shoot a dog no problem, and just because it looked " frightening ", you are the same person as the old man in the hole in my opinion.

Frightening as in showing actual anger and aggression. A large dog come over slowly while showing no signs of aggression, I would be more apt to play nice and find the owner. Think of it like walking up to Andre the Gaint when he is angry then trying to scare him. Unlike the old man I wouldn't shoot off a gun towards something, I don't intend to kill even by accident.

I'm not in to rolling the dice with my life on risks that are not worth it just to cover up another person's mistake.

Let's face it not everybody treats and trains their animals properly(Let alone other human beings).

If you can't see there are more factors to the things people say about somebody, you are the one stuck in that hole. That attitude of not understanding other people, what they want on the things they value, tends to make people snap. You push somebody beyond their breaking point, they will snap(Some drugs can make that point come quicker). Doesn't matter who you are, as long as you are human you are susceptible to it.

Maybe one day you'll be that old man in the hole.

DEVELOPING: A law enforcement source says initial reports indicate that a five-year-old boy who was being held hostage in an underground bunker in Alabama for nearly a week has been released. Kidnapper dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/boy-in-center-alabama-hostage-standoff-released-source-says/#ixzz2JyNqMKvD

• Like 6

Thank God it's over.

And hoping the best for the child's recovery.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I'm so glad its over for that little boy, his birthday is Wednesday now he won't have to shut up in that bunker with that maniac.

Allelujah! I think we can all be happy now. I assume the kidnapper wouldn't let go of his gun and was shot to death.

• Like 1