Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts want you to be scared?

wardrich

I've gone deep into this forum and I've noticed it has been brought up quite a few imtes that ghosts just want you to be scared... I also want to ask if most gosts are harful or neuteral?

-Richard-

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• haunted-one61

• Reader

• Nikolaos

• Wings of Selkhet

There is a theory that ghosts feed off the energy of life-forms. I'll go find a link...

also want to ask if most gosts are harful or neuteral?

There's a word for harmful ghosts: Poltergeist. thumbsup.gif It seems that most spirits tend to be passive. The violent ones are the ones you hear about.

Each of us acts as a beacon, sending forth emotional energy that can be positive or negative. Malevolent spirits who feed on negative emotions soon arrive to "stir the pot" and bring it to a boil. If we want to heal, we must forgive and forget and move on. We must forgive those who have hurt us and move past the pain to find emotional harmony. Forgiveness is the first step and letting go of the inner negative emotions is required for healing our inner being and turning off the beacon.

Minus the typical "you must forget!" quote, it's all pretty simple. Ghosts need to feed to exist, so they just chow down on energy (Which seems pretty logical. Ghosts are apparently on the same plane that other energy is. Proof: We can't see ghosts on this plane without a special tool, i.e. a camera).

Linkie

Edited by Nikolaos

I'm not sure whether all ghosts want to harm you. I think that some ghosts are living in pain or torment. This might come out in their attitude towards life...or death wacko.gif

There was an interesting theory posted here.

Just so you'll know what you're looking for, it's about why ghosts can't leave areas such as cemeteries.

Edited by Nikolaos

• 2 weeks later...

There are Stranger things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in our philosophies.

Things that will come to feed once you have had a paranormal encounter of any kind.

They will come to glut themselves on your terror after a encounter with a ghost, a hostile entity, or the devil it self.

Saying that you had an encounter with Jesus Christ, an Ascended Master, or a Light Being they will then come to feed off your awe, wonder, inspiration, and adoration.

They will come in what form they may to get an emotional response from you for they live on psychic energy, the energy of the Soul, which as you know is that of emotion.

http://www.geocities.com/oeldewan/TheNonts.html

I belive that ghosts want you to be scared, but I have dubt on whether or not they're truely harmeful. And 'Paltergeist' Isn't the word for a harmfull ghost, it actually translates to 'Noisy ghost'. I myself have a poltergeist that my friends and I have affectionately named, Rex. He's a bothersome little devil, but I don't think he's capable of bringing harm. He doesn't throw things or move things. He's just what's called a noisy ghost. He likes to tap on things and wake you up in the middle of the night. He likes to try and scare me by laughing. It worked the first tiem, but it got old after a while. Now I just tell him to shut up and let me sleep.

grin2.gif I'm very fond of my ghost.

I think a bit too much actual personality and sentience is given to "ghosts".

First of all, only *some* people will support the idea that "violent ghosts" are called poltergeists - some people believe 'geists are accounted for by what has been called RSPK (recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis) or errant psychic manifestations of someone present in a location, usually a teen or disturbed individual - if this is the case, 'geists aren't even entities, they're just created entity *simulations* (if that).

Secondly, though there does seem to be evidence pointing toward the use of energy, either personal or ambient, to manifest ghostly effects, zero identifiable indications can be found that any given ghost "wants" someone to behave in any particular way. Being scared may indeed provide a beneficial means of energy which ghosts may use, but this may be a natural condition or requirement - the television doesn't "want" electric from the outlet, it just doesn't work without it - the TV does nothing to cause you to keep it plugged in, it just sits there - if its plugged in and turn on, theres a picture, if its not, it just sits there, blank.

On the subject of being scared, this is one of our extremes (and one of our more primal) and could conceivably cause our "energy" to flare or radiate in a fashion which it normally does not, thus "powering" ghosts. If this is the case, it is possible that a particular "nature" of a ghostly activity will naturally recur to reproduce this "feeding" effect - if it did something like shriek and make noise (for whatever initial reason) and scared someone into releasing energy, its likely that will happen again to propogate the ghost effect, probably due in part to a mental and or physiological reaction from the scaree, who unconsciosly at least, may enjoy the experience in a fashion.

In general, most ghosts do little more than repeat obviously "old" scenes like a broken record, correct?

In general, most ghosts do little more than repeat obviously "old" scenes like a broken record, correct?

Um... no... dontgetit.gif

I suppose a few do... but from my experiance... no... they aren't like a broken record...

and the TV needs electricity thing to work just like ghosts need our "scared" energy to work... Now.. that is a theory that seems pertty weird to me.... Ghosts don't feed off of you like your a burger... they "use" energy that they borrow.. over long periods of time... they gradually take energy from the atmosphere...... um... we give off a lot of energy... enough so that a ghosts can "feed" off of what we give off and not any more.... Unless there's a greedy ghost (jk) laugh.gif

ok...

Now.. as for ghosts "wanting" to scare people.... I very much doubt that... In most cases... they don't even know that they are dead... so how could they want to scare you? If they scream... it's most likely because YOU scared THEM... For them... life is like... um... like how they live in the movie The Others....

Yeah yeah.. i know.. i know... but still... they tend to live in their own world... and for the most part.. unless your a "gifted" person.. they don't know that your there... they know of the energy that you give off..(like when you know that someone is in the room... but there isn't anyone... or you know that someone is looking at you.. even though your back is to them... that feeling) but as for your "solidity".. it doesn't exist...

But.. like some of us that come on here... our ghosts know of their "death" and just don't want to leave... or they have something that holds them back... but for us... they know that we are there.... and what else do they have to do all day? Make stuff... no... all they have is the ability to "scare" and to "play" with us... (the ones with enough energy to take things... and move them around)

laugh.gifgrin2.gif So.. no they don't want to scare you.. and yes they do... grin2.giflaugh.gif

Now.. as for ghosts "wanting" to scare people.... I very much doubt that...

they don't know that your there...

I don't really agree with this unless there are different types of "ghosts". Maybe there are "broken record" types who spend eternity reliving one ordinary, repetitive event (such as stair-walking ghosts). As far as what I have going on, no way. These things (ghosts, spirits, demons, whatever you want to call them) DO mean harm, are aware of us, do respond (I don't mean conversations! tongue.gif ),and aren't just sharing some space. thumbsup.gif

So far, I have seen seen 1 ghost with my eyes, and had 1 ghost expirience (together making it 2 times). I will refrain from going into detail becuase I did it once before on a similar forum, and it is way too long. The point is the first one (the one i saw with my eyes) was actually nice and didnt scare me at all. Although the second one scared me to death. scared.gif .

EDIT: I have heard that they 'prey' on the weakest and most volnurable perosn in the house. the thing I don't get is, if this is true, why did they prey on me, im not the most volnurable disgust.gif .

Edited by _raven177

I have heard that they prey on the weak, too, but in my situation I'd have to say that isn't the case. I'm not an expert, that's why I came here asking for answers myself. Going by my experiences, however, it seems to me that they first presented themselves to me, and then my oldest son. Both of us have always had a sensitivity to such things, mine being the strongest. They have now started to manifest themselves to my husband, who was never able to see anything and never believed in paranormal activity. I thought they show themselves to those they know can see them. Now I'm not sure what my theory is... crying.gif

I don`t believe they want to scare you although I have heard theories that some elementals are evil.I do think its a matter of perspective.Some people are very frightened of the unknown while others are not.

grin2.gif I think there's just more than one kind. There's probably the more typical kind, that for whatever reason are just hanging around somewhere, maybe just attached to the world of the living or a particular place/person? These I consider harmless. You just don't pull a bad feeling from them, and they don't scare me, and I don't believe they want to.

w00t.gif Then there's the other ones....I'm not sure what you'd call them, but you can definately FEEL something bad from them. Why? I don't know. One thing for sure, I think: this kind is up to no good. I'm willing to bet, though, that this type is in the minority ( I sure hope ).

And to Reader: I don't mean this to be nasty in any way; I never want to call anybody a liar, but while I do believe "they" or "it" can hear you, especially when directed at them: I seem to remember a post of yours claiming to carry on actual two-way conversations with ghosts. This is the first time I have ever heard of this. Have you ever considered setting up a camcorder for the next conversation? That would be facinating to share with everyone, and maybe the mods could set up a way to put it on this site! That would be such a first! Just give it a thought, ok? If they're totally visible and talking out loud, you would probably catch something. thumbsup.gif BTW.....TO DOOMGIRL: What happened to the eyes on your avatar? I miss them. I think your avatar was probably my favorite! thumbsup.gif

Edited by haunted-one61

The key is to think of ghosts as people (or former people). Ghosts are individuals and you can't lump every single one into the same category, just like people. Most people are good, but some are bad. I'd say the same of ghosts. Most are harmless, but occasionally you may come across the ghost of a murderer, or a rapist, or whatnot. Asking if ghosts want you to be scared is like asking if people want you to be scared. Not all. But some.

The thing is, while most ghosts don't want you to be scared, you may end up scared anyway. Is this because the ghost wanted you to be? Not necessarily. Fear is a natural reaction to the unknown.

By the way, I've never seen one. I'd like to, though!

The key is to think of ghosts as people (or former people). Ghosts are individuals and you can't lump every single one into the same category, just like people. Most people are good, but some are bad. I'd say the same of ghosts. Most are harmless, but occasionally you may come across the ghost of a murderer, or a rapist, or whatnot. Asking if ghosts want you to be scared is like asking if people want you to be scared. Not all. But some.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif To Wings of Selkhet: So well said. I believe you probably have it exactly right, my only problem is, why do I have these evil ones hanging around me? That's the question that will forever drive me crazy, even if they left for good this very moment. As far as you wanting to see one... I have mixed feelings on that one. If you did, I would really, really hope you saw a good one. But as far as all of the big doubters go, and the ones who actually try to "call upon" the bad or evil entities, I would love for them to experience just once what I have...it would for sure change their outlook forever, and maybe the things could follow THEM home and get the things the hell out of here..... devil.gif

I believe you probably have it exactly right, my only problem is, why do I have these evil ones hanging around me?

Well. Why do some people have particularly evil individuals hanging around them? There could be a variety of reasons. One could be that the person is hanging out with the wrong crowd - but considering you're not consciously hanging out with the ghosts, I think we can rule that out. Subconsciously is another matter. Maybe deep down you keep wanting to see them again, and that's why they're drawn back to you? I can't answer that.

Another reason some people could have particulary evil people hanging around them could be their location. Do they live in a bad neighborhood? Are they in prison (you're not in prison, are you? tongue.gif)?

Let's go with the bad neighborhood analogy. Perhaps you're in a bad spiritual neighborhood. This could be either a physical or a mental place. Physically, you could be in a place where, historically, a lot of evildoers were located. Mentally, you could be in a state of mind that draws bad entities to you. Is your self-esteem low? Are you doing things you shouldn't be doing? Are you harboring negative thoughts?

I don't claim to be an expert or a psychologist, but I believe all things can be explained in time. Try to check your own negative thoughts. The next time you feel a bad presence, think only of positive things. Try laughing. If that doesn't work, reach deep within yourself to a place where you won't be scared and repeat a phrase that makes you feel as if you're driving the spirit away. This could be "I will you away" or "You shall not affect me" or, I dunno, a prayer you like. Thinking and acting positively and forcefully is the key.

And to Reader: I don't mean this to be nasty in any way; I never want to call anybody a liar, but while I do believe "they" or "it" can hear you, especially when directed at them: I seem to remember a post of yours claiming to carry on actual two-way conversations with ghosts. This is the first time I have ever heard of this. Have you ever considered setting up a camcorder for the next conversation? That would be facinating to share with everyone, and maybe the mods could set up a way to put it on this site! That would be such a first! Just give it a thought, ok? If they're totally visible and talking out loud, you would probably catch something.

My thanx for you not calling me a liar.... i've had too much of that lately disgust.gif and there's a first for everything...

As for two way conversations.... well... i dunno how to explain that... it's not like if i'm in front of you and i'm talking to you... i'd hear the vibrations from your words.... see with ghosts.. its not like that at all for me.... for me... its very......... scary. So...i very much doubt that i could catch it... and by the way... i don't have a video camera.... i'm not apt to ask anybody right now since they all don't like me at the moment... crying.gif (for some odd reason... blink.gif ) and i don't have enough money to buy or rent one....

Update!

Today i went to the Huntington Beach park with my sister and her b/f... everything was all fine and dandy... we were learning how to play Go and i was doing just fine.... My sis and her b/f walked off a bit later to do their kissing and stuff (yuck!) and so i decided to listen to my cd player...

Not too much later i felt.... almost dizzy but not dizzy. wacko.gif ... i dunno how to explain it... and the air around me started to get thick... no not thick... humid... extremely humid...and hot....so I thought.. "ok.. maybe i should just lay down a sec.. maybe i've taken in too much fresh air.."... The next thing i knew i was feeling an entity (what you will.. a ghost.. spirit...) almost... well... tackeling me... but i didn't feel it on my skin... no... it was inside of me.... i was.. crying.gif .. i got very scared...

Now this isn't like when you see a vicious dog and you get scared because you are afraid of it hurting you kind-of-scared... oh no... this is the kind of scared like you're recreating a scene... like... i dunno... i just couldn't breath.. and I wanted to cry crying.gif but i had no tears... and i wanted to scream but i had no breath. (almost like i was sufficating ph34r.gif) . and i wanted to think happy thoughts.. but i was focusing on living.. and for the life of me... i don't know why i wanted to live... i wanted to die.. but fought to live...

This has NEVER happened to me... and i'm sooo scared because it reminded me of the ghost (what you will) that made me hurt myself subconsiously.... i'm soo frightened.. in a sence that i don't want it to happen to me again or to anyone else...

I bet most of you out there don't belive this and will try to make explainations that all i've experianced today didn't happen the way i felt it... but you weren't there.. you didn't feel it... you didn't nearly die out there at the park today.. and i can't explain what happened out there in words... its like explaining how you feel when you love someone.... (actually... its like that but with subconsious fear.... sad.gif .)

Hey haunted-one61, sorry for having me post my prob. that i shouldn't probably post... on yours'..... and i don't know why they want to bug you... but i don't know why they want to bug me.... crying.gif

and for the life of me... i don't know why i wanted to live... i wanted to die.. but fought to live...

scared because it reminded me of the ghost (what you will) that made me hurt myself subconsiously....

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif Reader, please say you don't really feel that way. I know life can be very hard sometimes, but just when it seems it can't get worse, it'll get better. Promise. Did I maybe just misunderstand you? I hope so. I looked at your profile, you are so young yet. You said that you wanted to die, but fought to live.

You fought to live because you have a purpose here. Please feel free to PM or e-mail me. thumbsup.gif