Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Any Jehovah's Witness's believe in ghosts?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,541 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Just as the topic says.....

Just curious, as JW's religion do not believe in spirits or ghosts.....

As I said, if you want them to stay away ( any of them, including demons ) do not believe in them.

I did not know there was a entire religion that does this.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

It seems they do not believe in the afterlife, but hey! who am I to know, I`m just a mere blood donor. :whistle:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,725 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ive seen both jehova and a ghost so I would say probably yeah. Jehovas witness is just a title I try not to put boxes around people.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,541 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 04 July 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Ive seen both jehova and a ghost so I would say probably yeah. Jehovas witness is just a title I try not to put boxes around people.

Not putting boxes around anyone. They named themselves....

And, they do not believe in ghosts......So, they do not see them.

Crap, now we have 3 things to keep away ghosts and Demons....

1. Keep a camera running.

2. Do not believe in them.

3. Become a Jehovahs Witness. ( same as #2, but more needs to be put into it )

Edited by Sakari, 04 July 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 04 July 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Was it a jehovah witness ghost or 2 separate entities?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,725 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 04 July 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Was it a jehovah witness ghost or 2 separate entities?

Ive seen more than one ghost and I saw Jehovah once but I saw him in my minds eye,  rather than walking around outside. The ghosts I saw were walking around outside. The vision of Jehovah was very clear and remarkable so I count it as witnessing him. :D

Edited by SpiritWriter, 04 July 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,476 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 04 July 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Ive seen more than one ghost and I saw Jehovah once but I saw him in my minds eye,  rather than walking around outside. The ghosts I saw were walking around outside. The vision of Jehovah was very clear and remarkable so I count it as witnessing him. :D
How did you know it was a Jehovah witness, did he have a copy of the Watchtower in his hand?

#8    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,725 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

But I still say just because someone says they are jehovahs witnedd does not mean they do or do not believe in ghosts. They may have seen some.

View Postfreetoroam, on 04 July 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

How did you know it was a Jehovah witness, did he have a copy of the Watchtower in his hand?

Lol no. I said I saw Jehovah.

I mean *witness

#9    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

There are many Jehovah Witnesses in my family, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts and my uncle does ( hes a Jehovah's witness ), Just because some religion tells you that something doesn't exist is not automatically going to make you believe in it or not.  Nice lumping everybody together though Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a hive mind

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,476 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 04 July 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

There are many Jehovah Witnesses in my family, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts and my uncle does ( hes a Jehovah's witness ), Just because some religion tells you that something doesn't exist is not automatically going to make you believe in it or not.  Nice lumping everybody together though Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a hive mind
if they do not believe in the after life, how can they believe in ghosts?

edit: scrap that because i do not believe in the afterlife but do believe in ghosts as inprints of time.

Edited by freetoroam, 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#11    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 04 July 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

if they do not believe in the after life, how can they believe in ghosts?
Who's to say some witnesses don't believe in the afterlife

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,476 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Who's to say some witnesses don't believe in the afterlife
Sorry R4zetc, I added after you posted.
I heard that they do not believe in the after life as part of their religion, so if some do, then that would make them another form of jehovahs?

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 04 July 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Sorry R4zetc, I added after you posted.
I heard that they do not believe in the after life as part of their religion, so if some do, then that would make them another form of jehovahs?
Do you have a religion?

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,781 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

The ones I know (3) don't.  Told me you wait in the grave until you're called and everybody goes at once to where ever they go.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#15    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

They do believe in them.
I have relatives..

and in their books they write that ghosts are really just demons
pretending to be dead people.

They believe in demons ... demons are ghosts to them.
They also wrote that demons love to haunt certain places etc.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users