Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Four more years

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#91    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Sorry guys but its people taking care of people, not a  government`s control and a debt that can end the way of life as we know it.

#92    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

It is hard mentally and emotionally, but not financially. I get the G.I. Bill, so I make good money just for being a student. The extra money that I earn working is just to pay off bills (and save up money) that we aquired buying a house and my wife being on maturnity leave. This summer we lived on the money we had saved up and my income. I felt like a real man bringing home the check lol. We just ran out of money a month ago and then I lost both of my cars, but we are good now. It just takes planning and time management. In a few months we should never have money issues again because we try to stay out of debt and we make enough to live the lifestyle we want to live.

I am glad you guys made similar decisions. It is really worth it to get the education.

Hats off to you for futhering your education. I did the same thing but worked full time while going to school at night. But now my family and I live quite comfortable.

Now as for the next four years I figure the prez will play it quiet, not make to many waves for the next two years so he can hope to get a super majority for the last two. Then we all just better pray our ankles aren't to far away when we have to grab them.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#93    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostHasina, on 07 November 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Must be Vista, it's probably frozen for four years.

and here I was thinking Millenium Edition. :lol:

#94    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 08 November 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Would you call passing the  NDAA an accomplishment?

There is an NDAA passed yearly. Just in case you don't know that.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#95    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?
The results of this election do not in any way change how i feel about this admin or its policies.

The nation woke up today and found that more than 50% of those voting are all for turning our nation into a massive welfare state.
Talk bad about Fox all you want but the simple truth is that anyone who wants to know whats going on HAS to go to Fox news because the other channels wont report anything negative about their guy.
If it werent for Fox news America wouldnt have even known about Fast and Furious or the Benghazi fiasco.
Nixon resigned for far less than this President has been responsible for.
Yet no one seems to care as long as they get their welfare check.
I would say God help us all but the Obama admin has ensured that if God does exists he has washed his hands of us.

Cap, I agree with you, however, I would like to add that independent sources, i.e. libertarian (yes, yes flame me all you want people) are also a good source of bi-partisan information.

#96    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I cannot see how obamas policies won him the election, how has he done in his first term? He Has destroyed America and its reputation globally, stripped his citizens of their freedoms, took a dump on the constitution, created executive orders and kill lists for American citizens, the list goes on. As far as I can see the only good thing he has done for people is give them an obamaphone. In modern history, is there a president who has done so much to negatively impact America and managed to get a second term? Wether you don't want to talk about it or pretend it doesn't exist, there are reasons other than politics that people voted for Obama.

#97    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postcaptain pish, on 09 November 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

I cannot see how obamas policies won him the election, how has he done in his first term? He Has destroyed America and its reputation globally, stripped his citizens of their freedoms, took a dump on the constitution, created executive orders and kill lists for American citizens, the list goes on. As far as I can see the only good thing he has done for people is give them an obamaphone. In modern history, is there a president who has done so much to negatively impact America and managed to get a second term? Wether you don't want to talk about it or pretend it doesn't exist, there are reasons other than politics that people voted for Obama.
Ronald Regan

#98    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Ronald Regan

Quote for the win

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#99    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,837 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Ronald Regan
From June 27, 2012

First, here is cumulative GDP growth during the first three years of the Reagan recovery and the Obama recovery, using the dating system of the National Bureau of Economic Research and optimistically assuming 2% growth for the second quarter of this year:
Posted Image

Big advantage to Reagan. Second, here is a comparison of net new nonfarm payrolls created over the first 35 months of the two recoveries, adjusted for the growth in population since the 1980s:

Posted Image

Source: Case Closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts

Sort of speaks for itself, though there are certainly some nits to be picked.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#100    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,102 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostHarte, on 09 November 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

From June 27, 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: Case Closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts

Sort of speaks for itself, though there are certainly some nits to be picked.

Harte

Problem is that, to the contrary of the Reagan recovery, most jobs flipping hamburgers were already taken:

Posted Image

The US has been growing jobs in only one sector since 1920: services. The problem with the service sector is that there are only so many who can sell hamburgers and so many who can clean the windows of the hamburger stand. Once you have enough service providers for your population additional jobs are not created.

We reached that point in 1990. After that full time jobs were earning less and less and  a slew of part-time jobs were created, but that were mostly occupied by somebody incapable of making ends meet working 8 hours a day. But in the statistics that looked very good.

And no, Obama is not going to change that, the only thing that could is to make money with money less lucrative than producing. But no Republican is going to change that either.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#101    Harte

Harte

• 8,837 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Like I said, there are certainly nits to be picked in the info i posted.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#102    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

That's a seriously big nit.

#103    Harte

Harte

• 8,837 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

It's a nit, as was stated, that we've been picking for some time - going back before Reagan.  Obama just "happened" to come along at a time when you can't even find work flipping burgers?

Not likely.

Where's the big nit in the GDP numbers?

I'd have to say that the comparison to Reagan fails.  To me, any disagreement on that is simply partisan apologetics.

Harte

#104    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 09 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Problem is that, to the contrary of the Reagan recovery, most jobs flipping hamburgers were already taken:

Posted Image

The US has been growing jobs in only one sector since 1920: services. The problem with the service sector is that there are only so many who can sell hamburgers and so many who can clean the windows of the hamburger stand. Once you have enough service providers for your population additional jobs are not created.

We reached that point in 1990. After that full time jobs were earning less and less and  a slew of part-time jobs were created, but that were mostly occupied by somebody incapable of making ends meet working 8 hours a day. But in the statistics that looked very good.

And no, Obama is not going to change that, the only thing that could is to make money with money less lucrative than producing. But no Republican is going to change that either.
Total BS!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#105    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Postjoc, on 10 November 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Total BS!

in what way? You want to argue about facts now? this information is well known and has been for some time now.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users