Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#151    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

You have to consider the source here.  Edgar Mitchell, a former astronaut and distinguished part of the NASA program, is telling us that he has seen and heard things to make him believe there is alien life and that there is indeed a cover-up taking place.  That, itself might not be enough to convince the skeptic, I admit.  However, when you view all the circumstantial evidence throughout the last 100 years or so alone, there is an astounding amount of evidence.  You had the Washington DC UFO's back in the 1950's buzzing the White House, the Roswell incident of 1947[which was explained, covered up, re-explained, and lied about for years], the Travis Walton abduction, not to mention millions of eyewitnesses and detailed accounts of UFO sightings for the entire duration of human history that has been recorded.  And when you consider the Drake equation and the possible number of planets throughout the universe, it becomes farfetched indeed that we are alone.  It is almost comical that humans believe we are the only inhabitants of the universe.  Throughout time, credible witnesses ranging from US Army personnel to presidents and doctors, lawyers, police, and regular civilians have reported strange encounters with alien craft and beings.  I do not believe all of these people can be crazy and neither should you.  If it were a few lunatics with no credibility, then maybe it is a hoax.  When you take all of the accounts of UFO's and the numerous cases at face value, whether a believer or not, you'd have to be a moron not to believe in other intelligent life.  

The only thing we do not have for sure is an actual UFO or alien bodies.  But, again there are other factors.  Number one is we are dealing with advanced beings probably light years ahead of us technologically speaking.  They can and do evade us because they are simply smarter than we are.  Number two, if we have already captured UFO's/alien bodies, our government certainly would not risk the uproar or threat of social collapse by admitting so.  There have been numerous research cases done like Project Blue Book and the Brookings report that are aimed at suppressing the evidence based on a perceived loss of control by our governments which is why most of this has been covered up.  Again, even a skeptic would have to ask why studies have been done throughout the last century or so if this were not a reality?  Would governments waste time and money on a non-existant belief in alien life?  That would not make sense if it were nonsense and that's why I believe our government knows and continues to lie about extraterrestrial life.  If skeptics want to pretend there's nothing to the phenomenon. that's fine.  I guess ignorance really is bliss.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#152    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 05 April 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

You have to consider the source here.  Edgar Mitchell, a former astronaut and distinguished part of the NASA program, is telling us that he has seen and heard things to make him believe there is alien life and that there is indeed a cover-up taking place.  That, itself might not be enough to convince the skeptic, I admit.  However, when you view all the circumstantial evidence throughout the last 100 years or so alone, there is an astounding amount of evidence.  You had the Washington DC UFO's back in the 1950's buzzing the White House, the Roswell incident of 1947[which was explained, covered up, re-explained, and lied about for years], the Travis Walton abduction, not to mention millions of eyewitnesses and detailed accounts of UFO sightings for the entire duration of human history that has been recorded.  And when you consider the Drake equation and the possible number of planets throughout the universe, it becomes farfetched indeed that we are alone.  It is almost comical that humans believe we are the only inhabitants of the universe.  Throughout time, credible witnesses ranging from US Army personnel to presidents and doctors, lawyers, police, and regular civilians have reported strange encounters with alien craft and beings.  I do not believe all of these people can be crazy and neither should you.  If it were a few lunatics with no credibility, then maybe it is a hoax.  When you take all of the accounts of UFO's and the numerous cases at face value, whether a believer or not, you'd have to be a moron not to believe in other intelligent life.  

The only thing we do not have for sure is an actual UFO or alien bodies.  But, again there are other factors.  Number one is we are dealing with advanced beings probably light years ahead of us technologically speaking.  They can and do evade us because they are simply smarter than we are.  Number two, if we have already captured UFO's/alien bodies, our government certainly would not risk the uproar or threat of social collapse by admitting so.  There have been numerous research cases done like Project Blue Book and the Brookings report that are aimed at suppressing the evidence based on a perceived loss of control by our governments which is why most of this has been covered up.  Again, even a skeptic would have to ask why studies have been done throughout the last century or so if this were not a reality?  Would governments waste time and money on a non-existant belief in alien life?  That would not make sense if it were nonsense and that's why I believe our government knows and continues to lie about extraterrestrial life.  If skeptics want to pretend there's nothing to the phenomenon. that's fine.  I guess ignorance really is bliss.

The reason why there is a cover-up is because we humans are good at two things:

- Waging war.

- Exploiting resources.

Space is no exception.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 05 April 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#153    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,855 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

You have to consider the source here.  Edgar Mitchell, a former astronaut and distinguished part of the NASA program, is telling us that he has seen and heard things to make him believe there is alien life and that there is indeed a cover-up taking place.  

You should show him some respect, and consider his actual words, not those of the media. He is saying he knows some people who believe, and those people include Bob Lazar and Stephen Greer, and a bunch of cattle ranchers. Edgar has said far too many times that he has no personal knowledge, if you respect him so much, why do you not believe him, and spout that which the media spreads as opposed to his actual words? He had an epiphany in space, where he realised that Alien life exists, and meaning no disrespect to Dr Mitchell's outstanding achievements, I do not think one has to go to space for that.

That, itself might not be enough to convince the skeptic, I admit.  

There is nothing to be convinced by. I do not deny that Dr Mitchell has his own set of personal beliefs that have been shaped by those who have hounded him to take up the stance of UFO nut instead of an Astronaut. I think that is a major demotion. Thats pretty disrespectful dont you think? I'd like to see Dr. Mitchell remembered as the 6th man who walked on the moon, not the old crackpot talking about alien's in rag papers.

However, when you view all the circumstantial evidence throughout the last 100 years or so alone, there is an astounding amount of evidence.  You had the Washington DC UFO's back in the 1950's buzzing the White House, the Roswell incident of 1947[which was explained, covered up, re-explained, and lied about for years], the Travis Walton abduction, not to mention millions of eyewitnesses and detailed accounts of UFO sightings for the entire duration of human history that has been recorded.  And when you consider the Drake equation and the possible number of planets throughout the universe, it becomes farfetched indeed that we are alone.

And it has been explained, but the explanations were simply not accepted. Neither disbelief nor ignorance invalidates fact. You have got to be joking about Roswell. That is merely an example of how the press can screw something right up, which they are known to be notorious for. There is a thread on Travis, several in fact if you wish to discuss that nonsense, and with regards to the Drake Equation, I take it your are equally familiar with Fermi's Paradox?

It is almost comical that humans believe we are the only inhabitants of the universe.  Throughout time, credible witnesses ranging from US Army personnel to presidents and doctors, lawyers, police, and regular civilians have reported strange encounters with alien craft and beings.  I do not believe all of these people can be crazy and neither should you.  

One poster here has made a thread making that claim, and nobody has agreed with it. Nobody, not one long termer, not one skeptic. You are making this up. Have a look yourself, skeptics do not deny life in the Universe, just the silly camp fire stories like Roswell. Heck, we have to get out from under the covers some time, Roswell might have had it's heyday in mystery, but it's about one of the worst cases to support visitation that exists.
Why do all of these people tend to contradict each other? Read Hauts description of the saucer that he claims crashed at Roswell, then read the Wilmots version, and while you are at it, can you explain to me how a Volkswagen sized craft is capable of travelling interstellar space. Have a look, that is what Haut said. Some say the aliens are here to hurt us, some say they are benevolent, Stone who must live up to his name I suspect tries to cover all with the claim of 57 species in orbit, that every amateur astronomer seems to somehow miss.

The claims have been shown that they do not hold water, do you feel repeating them ad nauseum will make then true? To some people it work's like that, but not in the real world.

If it were a few lunatics with no credibility, then maybe it is a hoax.  When you take all of the accounts of UFO's and the numerous cases at face value, whether a believer or not, you'd have to be a moron not to believe in other intelligent life.  

Well, we have plenty of kooks, no doubt about that. Blossom Goodchild is Queen and Stanton Freidman king.

When you take all the UFO claims into account, the connections are pretty darn loose. An nobody in this thread is saying here that intelligent life does not exist. Why you keep repeating that is beyond me.

The only thing we do not have for sure is an actual UFO or alien bodies.  

Well, not entirely true, you should look at the Hessdalen project. Plasma  sprites  and earthlights were often claimed to be some sort of alien but they have been explained, in fact every validated UFO hoax and explanation to date has come from earth, not space, like these so called spaceships that have never been tracked leaving or coming to earth, but have been allegedly tracked within the atmosphere, whichs is more than suspicious seeming as they are supposed to be spaceships, but apparently do not travel space!!!

And of course we have no alien bodies. We have no aliens here. We are earthicans. If some of the camp fire stories were true, then we would have evidence beyond circumstantial. Hell, it's been over 60 years, how long do you FTB's think you can keep banging that drum without attracting some attention from the men in white coats?

But, again there are other factors.  Number one is we are dealing with advanced beings probably light years ahead of us technologically speaking.  

Why? How come every single alleged visitor is "advanced"? We had the ability to take to space since 1960 with the Orion Project using Nuclear Propulsion. How come no "wading" species ever arrive or are detected?

They can and do evade us because they are simply smarter than we are.  

How does that work? No species bows to an lesser species, they eat them, or take what they have, if so advanced, we are obviously no threat at all, and observation does not work either, we can speak and have records, which means observations is pointless. Much more could be gathered by interaction.

Number two, if we have already captured UFO's/alien bodies, our government certainly would not risk the uproar or threat of social collapse by admitting so.  

What uproar and threat? That too is made up. I fear no alien, and if one was announced tomorrow, unless we have an Independence day scenario then everyone will go "That's Interesting!" and then go to work and pay mortgages. Banks do not care for aliens, they care for making money. This is one of the silliest, and completely unfounded FTB claims that exist.

There have been numerous research cases done like Project Blue Book and the Brookings report that are aimed at suppressing the evidence based on a perceived loss of control by our governments which is why most of this has been covered up.  

How many years ago? Techonolgy today is so far in advance of these ancient investigations that the average person has access to enough information to create their own study, and many have such as CUFO's and MUFON, yet not one organisation has managed to do more than spread camp fire stories further.

It is just another excuse to keep believing. The last 2 Jupiter strikes were seen by Aussie amateur astronomer Anthony Birdstrike Wesley who informed NASA, not the other way around. You underestimate the amount of people who are looking in the right places, and seeing nothing.

Again, even a skeptic would have to ask why studies have been done throughout the last century or so if this were not a reality?  

Because we all seek knowledge. UFO's might be a form of free energy that could solve all our world problems.  

Would governments waste time and money on a non-existant belief in alien life?  

Because we seek knowledge. Again, people do not say other life does not exist, they simply accept the reality that no real evidence for visitation exists and that space is difficult to traverse, even for the most advanced species. It's bloody big, no way of getting around that.

That would not make sense if it were nonsense and that's why I believe our government knows and continues to lie about extraterrestrial life.  

Governments hate each other, they never agree on anything and go to war. France told the word to go jump and blew up an Atoll just for the sake of testing, Korea and Vietnam have tested weapons against the treaties, the entire UN canot even get that bunch of Pirates the Sea Shepherd of the water so decent negotiations with the Japanese may begin. They hate each other, and many Governments would oust the USA in a heartbeat. The Middle East can tell if the US is receiving Interstellar traffic, why would they keep quiet about that?

If skeptics want to pretend there's nothing to the phenomenon. that's fine.  I guess ignorance really is bliss.

Well I guess ignorance is bliss, because an entire range of possibilities exist to explain this phenomena, and I have no doubt whatsoever that the UFO phenomena is made up of several answers, not just one. The Hessdalen project is testament to the serious nature of a skeptical outlook on the phenomena, and it validates the fact that lights in the sky do not mean aliens.

Edited by psyche101, 05 April 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#154    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,855 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 05 April 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

The reason why there is a cover-up is because we humans are good at two things:

- Waging war.

- Exploiting resources.

Space is no exception.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#155    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,193 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Vulcan cat mind melt ? Hum THats an Idea for a new samwich ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#156    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 April 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

You should show him some respect, and consider his actual words, not those of the media. He is saying he knows some people who believe, and those people include Bob Lazar and Stephen Greer, and a bunch of cattle ranchers. Edgar has said far too many times that he has no personal knowledge, if you respect him so much, why do you not believe him, and spout that which the media spreads as opposed to his actual words? He had an epiphany in space, where he realised that Alien life exists, and meaning no disrespect to Dr Mitchell's outstanding achievements, I do not think one has to go to space for that.

It seems like you are well versed on the UFO topic, to which I applaud you.  However, Edgar Mitchell is not the first astronaut to come forward and make claims about alien life.  Gordon Cooper is another well known astronaut who believes the same thing.  Maybe if this were one or two lone astronauts, one would believe it is just nonsense.  High ranking officials, government insiders, and numerous other people with no connections to each other whatso ever make similar claims.  Is this coincidence?  I don't believe so, but if that's your viewpoint more power to ya!  I do agree however, that Edgar Mitchell should be remembered for his lifetime achievements.  But, by the same token, you cannot ignore the claims by Mitchell and numerous others about this.  What about Philip Corso[author of "The Day After Roswell]?  He was a high ranking military official who directly linked the US Government with knowledge and the subsequent cover-up of extraterrestrial life.  Let me guess, another crackpot?  

There is nothing to be convinced by. I do not deny that Dr Mitchell has his own set of personal beliefs that have been shaped by those who have hounded him to take up the stance of UFO nut instead of an Astronaut. I think that is a major demotion. Thats pretty disrespectful dont you think? I'd like to see Dr. Mitchell remembered as the 6th man who walked on the moon, not the old crackpot talking about alien's in rag papers.

Again, you cannot have it both ways.  Either Dr. Mitchell is an intelligent man who knows what he is talking about or he's an "old crackpot talking about aliens in rag papers".  It cannot be twisted to fit a particular viewpoint simply because it is what it is.  I tend to believe people like Edgar Mitchell who have been privy to intimate knowledge about this subject over skeptics who have not.  This is where the mindsets clash.  Skeptics will claim he is not credible because society has been conditioned to believe that those who talk about alien life/UFOs are crazy.  It is a moronic and almost childlike stance to take, in my opinion.  This guy is the real deal and I believe what he is telling us, besides what did he have to gain by lying?

And it has been explained, but the explanations were simply not accepted. Neither disbelief nor ignorance invalidates fact. You have got to be joking about Roswell. That is merely an example of how the press can screw something right up, which they are known to be notorious for. There is a thread on Travis, several in fact if you wish to discuss that nonsense, and with regards to the Drake Equation, I take it your are equally familiar with Fermi's Paradox?

For every theory out there, there is an opposing one that seeks to be better somehow or debunk it.  Quite simply put, how can one objectively believe there are no other intelligent beings?  Because that itself, is laughable to me.  As for the Travis Walton case, that is up for debate and open to individual interpretation.   You will either believe his claims or dismiss them as the ravings of a crackpot.  But again, ask yourself; what did Mr. Walton have to gain by lying?  A lot of these cases involve individuals who in hindsight wish they'd never told anybody.  Why?  Because of skeptical ridicule, which again is the childlike reaction we've been conditioned to have whenever the UFO/alien topic is mentioned.  As for the Roswell case being a joke, that is another case of individual opinion.  To me, there are numerous red flags about it that scream true.  Not the least of which are numerous eyewitnesses who were threatned, Walter Haut[the press officer for RAAF], Philip Corso, and the attempts by the Air Force to give phony explanations for what happened.  First it was a UFO, then it was a whether balloon after being retracted in the press of course.  Then, the bodies of the supposed aliens were explained away as anthopromorphic dummies being used in a top secret military project which took place in the 1950s, which was after the 1947 Roswell event.  So many half-truths and outright lies have been told about Roswell that one has to question the motives behind the cover story.  Not to mention the numerous civilian and military witnesses who saw all of it and had nothing to gain by telling the story.

One poster here has made a thread making that claim, and nobody has agreed with it. Nobody, not one long termer, not one skeptic. You are making this up. Have a look yourself, skeptics do not deny life in the Universe, just the silly camp fire stories like Roswell. Heck, we have to get out from under the covers some time, Roswell might have had it's heyday in mystery, but it's about one of the worst cases to support visitation that exists.
Why do all of these people tend to contradict each other? Read Hauts description of the saucer that he claims crashed at Roswell, then read the Wilmots version, and while you are at it, can you explain to me how a Volkswagen sized craft is capable of travelling interstellar space. Have a look, that is what Haut said. Some say the aliens are here to hurt us, some say they are benevolent, Stone who must live up to his name I suspect tries to cover all with the claim of 57 species in orbit, that every amateur astronomer seems to somehow miss.

As with all eyewitness testimony, it varies from person to person.  Some details are different but overall a lot of the details are the same,  Again, if it were a lie why would the military go to such lengths to explain it away?  Unsuccessfully on all occasions, I might add.

The claims have been shown that they do not hold water, do you feel repeating them ad nauseum will make then true? To some people it work's like that, but not in the real world.

To dismiss claims because a few details don't match is simply ignorant.  Of course if you've committed to being skeptical of the event, nothing will change your mind.  Too many inconsistencies are in the account to not be something to it.  

Well, we have plenty of kooks, no doubt about that. Blossom Goodchild is Queen and Stanton Freidman king.

Nice to see you are tolerant of those with opposing viewpoints.  

When you take all the UFO claims into account, the connections are pretty darn loose. An nobody in this thread is saying here that intelligent life does not exist. Why you keep repeating that is beyond me.

I'm not repeating anything.  My claim is the same each time, that there is proof for the existence of extraterrestrial life elsewhere in the universe.  Why you felt to make an issue out of a non-issue is beyond me.  

Well, not entirely true, you should look at the Hessdalen project. Plasma  sprites  and earthlights were often claimed to be some sort of alien but they have been explained, in fact every validated UFO hoax and explanation to date has come from earth, not space, like these so called spaceships that have never been tracked leaving or coming to earth, but have been allegedly tracked within the atmosphere, whichs is more than suspicious seeming as they are supposed to be spaceships, but apparently do not travel space!!!

And of course we have no alien bodies. We have no aliens here. We are earthicans. If some of the camp fire stories were true, then we would have evidence beyond circumstantial. Hell, it's been over 60 years, how long do you FTB's think you can keep banging that drum without attracting some attention from the men in white coats?

Why? How come every single alleged visitor is "advanced"? We had the ability to take to space since 1960 with the Orion Project using Nuclear Propulsion. How come no "wading" species ever arrive or are detected?

Do you honestly believe that the public would be told the truth?  You must not know your history of the US Government.  Not only on UFOs but on virtually everything else.

How does that work? No species bows to an lesser species, they eat them, or take what they have, if so advanced, we are obviously no threat at all, and observation does not work either, we can speak and have records, which means observations is pointless. Much more could be gathered by interaction.

We didn't get frequent UFO visitation until the Atomic bomb era.  That was like an open invitation to watch the new cosmic kids on the block destroy themselves.  They observes out of fear of what mankind is possible of doing to itself.  Although I'm not sure their motives are benevolent, they are here to watch.  Besides if the government of planet Earth does not want free interaction, how exactly would that be possible?  They control the specifics of just about everything.  Pretty much, you answered your own question; no species bows to a lesser one.  They don't seem to have anything to gain from open contact.  Though it does seem like they are here for a reason, we don't know why.

What uproar and threat? That too is made up. I fear no alien, and if one was announced tomorrow, unless we have an Independence day scenario then everyone will go "That's Interesting!" and then go to work and pay mortgages. Banks do not care for aliens, they care for making money. This is one of the silliest, and completely unfounded FTB claims that exist.

Ever heard of "The War of the Worlds"?  That was a radio broadcast by Orson Welles that practically sent the world into panic based on a fictionalized account of hostile alien invasion on planet Earth.  The Brookings Report also reinforced this by saying if aliens were discovered, it would upset the balance of society on Earth and things would be in chaos.  Simply put, those in power want to remain in power.  We as a species would question and reevaluate everything we know about the world as it exists and no doubt things would change.  Which is why this information has been suppressed and classified.  Seems to be an easy enough concept to grasp.  I like how you tried to make that sound silly, though.  Skeptics will do anything to ridicule those with opposing beliefs.

How many years ago? Techonolgy today is so far in advance of these ancient investigations that the average person has access to enough information to create their own study, and many have such as CUFO's and MUFON, yet not one organisation has managed to do more than spread camp fire stories further.

It is just another excuse to keep believing. The last 2 Jupiter strikes were seen by Aussie amateur astronomer Anthony Birdstrike Wesley who informed NASA, not the other way around. You underestimate the amount of people who are looking in the right places, and seeing nothing.

If you control the information, you can make it whatever you want it to be.  We are told people are looking in these "right places", but how do we know for sure?  It's no secret that those in power do not wish to have this ET knowledge public.  It seems like you keep ridiculing others who believe, but it seems like you'll do anything or make any excuse to dismiss it.  Which is your right to disagree.  My problem with it comes in when you state your opinion as empirical fact that cannot be disagreed with, which is pretty much what this entire quote from you has smacked of, arrogance and ridicule.  

Because we all seek knowledge. UFO's might be a form of free energy that could solve all our world problems.

Yes, that is true.  However, if you believe that there is an elite group in charge of this planet, you can easily see why they'd want to keep these alternate energy sources secret and keep the problems going.  It is purely out of greed and self-interest on these elite's parts.

Because we seek knowledge. Again, people do not say other life does not exist, they simply accept the reality that no real evidence for visitation exists and that space is difficult to traverse, even for the most advanced species. It's bloody big, no way of getting around that.

There are no bodies to speak of or a crashed craft for the public to examine.  That's because the government has had and continues to have a cover-up of all information relating to the UFO/Alien topic.

Governments hate each other, they never agree on anything and go to war. France told the word to go jump and blew up an Atoll just for the sake of testing, Korea and Vietnam have tested weapons against the treaties, the entire UN canot even get that bunch of Pirates the Sea Shepherd of the water so decent negotiations with the Japanese may begin. They hate each other, and many Governments would oust the USA in a heartbeat. The Middle East can tell if the US is receiving Interstellar traffic, why would they keep quiet about that?

If you believe in the cover-up theory, you have to also believe they have leverage to keep these other governments from exposing the truth.  As for the other world governments, nearly all of them besides the US have released their UFO files publicly.  Isn't that abit ironic?  

Well I guess ignorance is bliss, because an entire range of possibilities exist to explain this phenomena, and I have no doubt whatsoever that the UFO phenomena is made up of several answers, not just one. The Hessdalen project is testament to the serious nature of a skeptical outlook on the phenomena, and it validates the fact that lights in the sky do not mean aliens.

It is admitted that 90% of UFO sightings are explainable.  It's the other 10% that defy all known logic that I'm interested in.  Skeptics choose to live in their own little bubble content to ridicule those who believe.  It's getting harder and harder to deny the obvious; there are UFOs, aliens, and circumstantial evidence that they've been here for decades if not centuries.  It's in cave paintings, texts, eyewitness accounts, and photographic/video evidence.  To dismiss it all as a hoax is the definition of ignorance being bliss.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#157    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 06 April 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

My claim is the same each time, that there is proof for the existence of extraterrestrial life elsewhere in the universe.

where is it?

#158    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

The Multi Purpose Donkey

• 24,244 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 06 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

where is it?
the Life or the proof?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#159    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 06 April 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

It seems like you are well versed on the UFO topic, to which I applaud you.  However, Edgar Mitchell is not the first astronaut to come forward and make claims about alien life.  Gordon Cooper is another well known astronaut who believes the same thing.  Maybe if this were one or two lone astronauts, one would believe it is just nonsense.  High ranking officials, government insiders, and numerous other people with no connections to each other whatso ever make similar claims.  Is this coincidence?  I don't believe so, but if that's your viewpoint more power to ya!  I do agree however, that Edgar Mitchell should be remembered for his lifetime achievements.  But, by the same token, you cannot ignore the claims by Mitchell and numerous others about this.  What about Philip Corso[author of "The Day After Roswell]?  He was a high ranking military official who directly linked the US Government with knowledge and the subsequent cover-up of extraterrestrial life.  Let me guess, another crackpot?  

Those men have one other thing in common..... They are all stating their opinions and belief, not one of them (or anyone else for that matter) has anything that even resembles good evidence in support of their claims.

Tall tales are fun around a campfire, or at bedtime, but in the real world we need something with a little more substance.

And about Philip Corso.. :rolleyes: . not even the UFO grandfather Stanton Friedman buys his BS.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#160    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

I hadn't seen this video before....

I wonder if Edgar Mitchell had a Kundalini experience when he was returning to Earth?

He says it was a deep ecstatic experience...

#161    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,538 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View Postbee, on 06 April 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I hadn't seen this video before....

I wonder if Edgar Mitchell had a Kundalini experience when he was returning to Earth?

He says it was a deep ecstatic experience...

The 'Big Picture Effect' is the most awesome thing you'll ever experience, nothing replicates it or comes close to it. I have no idea what it is, only how I inadvertantly had it.....it's not what many people think tho, it's not enlightening in the sense of learning anything, it's just, erm, don't know how to describe it.....it just 'is' lol.....that was 20yrs ago tho, you do find yourself unwittingly chasing it thereafter..

Now if only I could bottle it....

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#162    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

dbl post

Edited by Hazzard, 06 April 2013 - 10:51 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#163    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 April 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

The 'Big Picture Effect' is the most awesome thing you'll ever experience, nothing replicates it or comes close to it. I have no idea what it is, only how I inadvertantly had it.....it's not what many people think tho, it's not enlightening in the sense of learning anything, it's just, erm, don't know how to describe it.....it just 'is' lol.....that was 20yrs ago tho, you do find yourself unwittingly chasing it thereafter..

Now if only I could bottle it....

Or release it at will,... DMT is produced in the brain.

DMT acts as a psychedelic drug. Depending on the dose and method of administration, its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences; these are often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality with the encounter of ineffable spiritual/alien realms.

http://en.wikipedia....ethyltryptamine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#164    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,538 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Or release it at will,... DMT is produced in the brain.

DMT acts as a psychedelic drug. Depending on the dose and method of administration, its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences; these are often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality with the encounter of ineffable spiritual/alien realms.

http://en.wikipedia....ethyltryptamine

Of course. That's not what i'm talking about though, psychedelics are nothing like what I was referring too, no drug use is either.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#165    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Of course. That's not what i'm talking about though, psychedelics are nothing like what I was referring too, no drug use is either.

And I would be the first to agree with you on that. Im just pointing out that maybe our Big Picture effects, "revelations", religious "connections" etc, are caused by naturally occurring chemistry produced by our minds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users