Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

kennel club dog owners burglars bite

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Isn't there a liability thing about having a "Beware of the Dog" sign nowadays? That technically it's inviting people to be bitten so you shouldn't have one? I really despair for this country.

View PostLeah G., on 03 January 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

No guns, no dogs... call the cops and wait for what? 15-20 minutes? WOW.... I'm an American and I'll keep my guns and my unfriendly dogs close by... To live in a nice world where love and flowers and butterflies abound is a great idea but in practical practice... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

HAH! That's optimistic... The only thing that Scottish Independence will be good for will be to get out of all these stupid PC-Policies. But we'd have reverted back to a feudal system as our economy crashes anyway so it willnae matter.

Edited by Urisk, 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#32    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostUrisk, on 03 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

The only thing that Scottish Independence will be good for will be to get out of all these stupid PC-Policies. But we'd have reverted back to a feudal system as our economy crashes anyway so it willnae matter.

How on Earth do you believe that Scottish independence will get rid of PC policies in Scotland?

Are the Scottish Labour, Tories and LibDems less PC than those in the rest of Britain?  Are the SNP not very PC?  I doubt it very much.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 03 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#33    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,055 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

If any thug burglar ever comes into my house, they best take note that I am a sadist serial killer.

My gate sign doesn't say "Beware of Dog"

Oh no, it says "Welcome to my Dungeon"

#34    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,611 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

You'd think the UK of all places would have castle laws.

Now I know some knowledgeable poster is going to tell me that yes, the UK does have castle laws.   If that's the case then legislating around doggie-bites has got to be the dumbest idea I've heard in years.   If you break into my house and you hear the shotgun clicking, you better get your dumb *** out.  Nobody's going to be whining that my buckshot bit you too hard, and how stupid are they, if they do.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#35    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postealdwita, on 03 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

You've been reading too many books called 'Fifty Shades of Grey'! haven't you? Christmas prezzie was it?
Not at all. I just think you deserve the same kind of beating you give poor Mrs ealdwita on UM..

Miss me?

#36    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Britain pretends not to be Europe. As far as I know in all other European countries, as long as there is a warning on the gate and the dog has its rabies shot (where rabies is predominant) he may bite any trespasser.
Heu!!!! France has forbidden attack dogs and owners have to take classes in order to own big dogs and they are held responsible for any attack.  So far none of them have involved burglar's attack but if the case occurs, I'm sure to socialo-commies will pass a similar law.  Few years ago, two illegal chased by the police went into hiding in a electric building that changes high voltage currant into 380 v, and of course they fried.  SOS racism is suing the cops (and might win) for illegal chase.
Since dogs are getting illegal I'm thinking of getting a Maine Coon anyway.Posted ImagePosted Image
Here kitty kitty kitty!

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#37    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Time to start training your dogs to not just bury bones in the backyard but whole bodies.

#38    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Jesus Christ that's a beautiful cat, massive too!  I want one.

View PostJinxdom, on 04 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Time to start training your dogs to not just bury bones in the backyard but whole bodies.
No need for that, my dog will eat anything.  

Plus my garden consists of concrete slabs and stones (beautifully arranged of course!) so unless she can use a pick-axe...

Edited by Walter White, 04 January 2013 - 11:34 AM.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#39    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I had a savannah cat. They're bigger than Maine coons.

Miss me?

#40    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

How on Earth do you believe that Scottish independence will get rid of PC policies in Scotland?

Are the Scottish Labour, Tories and LibDems less PC than those in the rest of Britain?  Are the SNP not very PC?  I doubt it very much.

You're probably right, but one can dream can't they? Independence will kill Scotland anyway, but that's another matter. It's OK to have some Political Correctness, but like anything it must be in moderation. Perhaps respect or common decency are better words to use.

Edited by Urisk, 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#41    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,415 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostParacelse, on 04 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Heu!!!! France has forbidden attack dogs and owners have to take classes in order to own big dogs and they are held responsible for any attack.  So far none of them have involved burglar's attack but if the case occurs, I'm sure to socialo-commies will pass a similar law.  Few years ago, two illegal chased by the police went into hiding in a electric building that changes high voltage currant into 380 v, and of course they fried.  SOS racism is suing the cops (and might win) for illegal chase.
Since dogs are getting illegal I'm thinking of getting a Maine Coon anyway.Posted ImagePosted Image
Here kitty kitty kitty!

What was forbidden, and in more than one European country, is dogs that cannot be controlled by the owner. Some countries actually demand schooling for certain races (i.e. Pitbull).

But in any case, the best "dog" my family ever had was my  little sister's pet burro. No neighbor ever stepped on our pasture without getting bitten by him.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#42    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 January 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

I had a savannah cat. They're bigger than Maine coons.
I'll have one those too!

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#43    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

The dog welfare body says owners should have some protection under the law when dogs try to defend the home.

I agree. I have two dogs which are in charge of security on the property, kind of like Higgins on Magnum P.I. They wear WWII British Pacific Island type uniforms, or perhaps something like a big game hunter would wear, and their voices sound like John Houseman. They give a daily report of the security status. Anyone unauthorized attempts to enter the property will be met with a warning to divert course. If trespassers fail to comply, however, the dogs may use lethal force in attempting to detain and turn suspects over to the local authorities.

Posted Image

#44    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

What was forbidden, and in more than one European country, is dogs that cannot be controlled by the owner. Some countries actually demand schooling for certain races (i.e. Pitbull).

But in any case, the best "dog" my family ever had was my  little sister's pet burro. No neighbor ever stepped on our pasture without getting bitten by him.

That's so funny:::: never had a burro  only cats and dogs.  I've seen however mules kicking lots of people when I was in the army (mountain troups were using mules back then)

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#45    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Build a moat with sharks and crocks. Should only take 15 yrs to make that illegal.  Saying that I find 95 percent of pit owners thugs so shot on site oh wait wrong country but does it matter.

If I wa walking a dog of say a tiny cute Yorky should I have to cross the street because a none convicted killer is in front of me.

Ban the bread from of leash areas.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 05 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users