Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Remove your uniform because it is ‘offensive’

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 13 March 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

I disagree, military personnel are already very disciplined and understand their place - which is in harms way by the order of an unknown General somewhere whose choice to place them there they have no say in.  Every job type will have it's "loose cannons" but for the most part those who join the armed forces are not afraid of rigid discipline and will act regardless of danger to their own lives, thats rare on both counts, they deserve respect unless they act otherwise in public, that's just my opinion.
yeah they learn discipline .. but my point is never take that for granted
the moment they treated with special treatment and think they are above the law
or get free pass on things you'd get instant corruption
i see nothing wrong what with was done to this military personell in my opinion
i think they should be kept tightly to maintain order
the min you give a low ranking soldier " of any army " authority over even a  civilian public toilet he will be dictator

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 13 March 2013 - 05:31 PM.

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#77    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,446 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 13 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

yeah they learn discipline .. but my point is never take that for granted
the moment they treated with special treatment and think they are above the law
or get free pass on things you'd get instant corruption
i see nothing wrong what with was done to this military personell in my opinion
i think they should be kept tightly to maintain order
the min you give a low ranking soldier " of any army " authority over even a  civilian public toilet he will be dictator

People must be very different there, because I know a lot of folks who are or have been in the military and the majority of them are very humble. It's not uncommon for a group of them to be out and someone offers to pay their tab or buy them a round of drinks. They are almost embarrassed by the attention. My brother-in-law stopped wearing his leather military jacket, because of the people that would come up to him and thank him for his service.

#78    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostMichelle, on 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

People must be very different there, because I know a lot of folks who are or have been in the military and the majority of them are very humble. It's not uncommon for a group of them to be out and someone offers to pay their tab or buy them a round of drinks. They are almost embarrassed by the attention. My brother-in-law stopped wearing his leather military jacket, because of the people that would come up to him and thank him for his service.
well my opinion probably baised due the situation we're living in right now here
don't tell anyone i said that :D

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#79    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Wow.  That makes me feel angry.  Military fly commercial i'm uniforms all the time, why would virgin staff not know their own policy??

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#80    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 13 March 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Wow.  That makes me feel angry.  Military fly commercial i'm uniforms all the time, why would virgin staff not know their own policy??
I'm not sure Virgin had/have one, all they had to do was apply commonsense and ignore the non-existent policy dreamed up by the uninformed security official - who I believe was an airport employee.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users