Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Why Nobody Gives You A Reading

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 10,859 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Great thread!! :tu:

Posted Image

#17    Deactivate The Account

Deactivate The Account

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hiya, I am new. This is pretty exciting and I'll love to try new things. :) I hope to get a reading soon when I'll get to post some more stuffs around here. ^_^

#18    purplerose7569

purplerose7569

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

Thank you for this information, im new here and was looking for a reading regarding my dad. Now i have a better idea of how it works. Thank you

#19    paulsafc

paulsafc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Very interesting site. Always been interested in this and decided to join today  :)

#20    Auto-G

Auto-G

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

I have a question for anyone here who's had success reading tarot for people over the Internet.

I've been reading tarot for almost 40 years, and I've never known it to work unless the person I'm reading for shuffles the cards themselves. Is there something I've been missing all along? I'm kind of stumped as to the mechanism that would allow the cards to line up for the seeker if the seeker isn't physically involved in the reading. I guess I've always been mystified as to how this sort of thing works for Internet and phone readers.

Anyone?

Edited by Auto-G, 05 November 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#21    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

View PostAuto-G, on 05 November 2010 - 06:11 PM, said:

I have a question for anyone here who's had success reading tarot for people over the Internet.

I've been reading tarot for almost 40 years, and I've never known it to work unless the person I'm reading for shuffles the cards themselves. Is there something I've been missing all along? I'm kind of stumped as to the mechanism that would allow the cards to line up for the seeker if the seeker isn't physically involved in the reading. I guess I've always been mystified as to how this sort of thing works for Internet and phone readers.

Anyone?

I don't do Tarot but I get the concept. Wouldn't it work the same as if you did the shuffling on their behalf? I've always wanted to learn Tarot. You can practice on me if you wish. We could do it in PM too.
Hatch.

#22    Auto-G

Auto-G

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostHatch, on 05 November 2010 - 06:30 PM, said:

I don't do Tarot but I get the concept. Wouldn't it work the same as if you did the shuffling on their behalf? I've always wanted to learn Tarot. You can practice on me if you wish. We could do it in PM too.
Hatch.

The whole idea - from what I've ever known - involves the seeker's subconscious "shuffling the question into the cards" and bringing the appropriate cards to the top of the deck and in line for the layout. The concept is like what savants are capable of doing, and depends on the capacity of the seeker's brain to calculate the ongoing causal trajectories that exist within their own life and how those trajectories will likely intersect. That's why they say that a tarot reading only tells you what is probable if things continue in the same direction they're proceeding.

I don't know. I have no sense of the logical/causal connection between the cards and the seeker if the seeker never touches the cards. As it is, if the seeker isn't serious about the question or the reading as he/she is shuffling, then the reading is generally crap anyway. You can do readings any way you wish, but I guess I need to be able to make sense of the mechanics involved or else I'll just figure I'm playing with cards and making up stuff.

#23    sandcat

sandcat

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• “When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
    Margaret Drabble

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

Great thread and good advice to those hoping for a reading

#24    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I actually read this a few weeks before i posted it here but like an Idiot I forgot..or broke one of the rules...I gave out me and my husbands name, dumb dumb dumb...my bad

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#25    babz

babz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi,  I've been reading the Tarot for about ten years now.  I have had a few situations where a person has asked a specific question, yet, instead of showing an answer to the question asked, the reading will relate to another aspect/situation in that person's life.  I firmly believe that when this happens, it is bringing something else far more significant to light, perhaps a situation that perhaps needs more attention, than the question they have asked.  In my experience every single reading is unique in itself.  

Edited by babz, 24 December 2010 - 09:58 AM.

#26    M3nt0R

M3nt0R

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

This is an excellent thread, and thankfully it was stickied.  There is very valuable information here that many would pass over, or not realize they were committing offenses.

I've never had a psychic reading done, but have always believed in the human ability to perceive 'the impossible.'  I have gone to a 'public reading' in person when Concetta Bertoldi was doing a book-signing and did quick readings for those who attended (dozens of people in a medium-sized bookstore).  She got my girlfriend with a few readings, but I had sent a letter to Concetta pleading that she would do the readings, explaining how much it would mean to my girlfriend, and I did give a bit of background information, so it may have bee an influence.

I didn't tell that to my girlfriend, however, because it greatly consoled her to hear that after her stepfather had died recently.  Whether the medium was legitimate or not doesn't concern me, I got my girlfriend to cope with the situation and be able to sleep better at night.  Her mom even thanked me for taking her daughter there to receive such piece of mind.

Now I understand that mediums aren't exactly the same as psychics, but both fields fascinate me.  If anyone would like to practice readings or anything, I volunteer to be a participant.  I have faith, so I'm not one of these skeptics waiting to rain on your parade for the first mistake you may make.  PM me for anything, and thank you :)  I'd love to help, maybe I can learn a bit more of myself in the process.

#27    vanyct

vanyct

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

This is a great thread and great advice!! I truly believe in psychic abilities and have envied those who have been able to establish a true connection with a psychic.  I hate to admit it, but I have spent a small fortune on calling psychic lines, trying to find someone to make that connection with.  I’m not trying to discredit any of them and say they are phonies, it could be my fault and something that I am doing wrong, but I have never hung up the phone after a reading thinking WOW that person totally got me.  
Do you have any advice on how to get a good reading from a telephone psychic?

#28    Complocal

Complocal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Amberlight, I'm afraid you are wrong. My other half cannot be read and she is a sensitive and is a firm believer. Also I have another friend who is a medium and cannot be read. I tried once and struggled. Other mediums have tried and been afraid.

Complocal

#29    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

I would like a reading and am wondering if I should start a thread and post my questions there? This would be my second reading since I joined and however good that reading was, those circumstances are no longer applicable as much has already changed since then?  Thank you guys very much!

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#30    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,873 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hi Arenee,

Yep that's what to do...Just create a thread with your question or request for a reading :tu:

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users