Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Passenger Jet and ufo

Spacenut56

A very interesting near miss claimed by Airbus pilot recently. The pilot reported this incident to UK Airprox board which investigates near misses. I will note that investigators failed to find any unidentified aircraft in the area, but still this is an interesting sighting in my opinion:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/pilot-ducks-sees-ufo-heading-2952440

Planes need dash cams.

• Like 3

Sounds like a bird hit

Sure. At an altitude of 34.000ft. Troposphere parrots maybe?

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

A very interesting near miss claimed by Airbus pilot recently. The pilot reported this incident to UK Airprox board which investigates near misses. I will note that investigators failed to find any unidentified aircraft in the area, but still this is an interesting sighting in my opinion:

http://www.mirror.co...heading-2952440

Nice description:

Like a cigar or rugby ball, bright, silver, metallic.

Nice find.

:santa:

Mosquito. Let's keep the standard party line if you don't mind.

Go get your wife, and smile, offer her a glass or two of xmas cheer, even let her unwrap a gift early...

Take her into the bedroom with you.. turn down the lights..stick a slow cd on the hifi...

Ask her to - tie you - tightly, to the bed...

And then GAG YOU...

Till after new year sometime :w00t::tu:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

For interest sake only. It was clear what they saw.

It is clear you didn't read doc linked in the article. Who are they?

His immediate reaction was to duck to the right and reach over to alert the FO; there was no time to talk to alert him. The FO turned and looked at him, thinking something was wrong with the aircraft. [...] His first words to the FO were, "did you see that", who replied, "see what".
[bolding mine]

Does the above mean copilot saw it as well? Thats how anecdotes are born: he becomes they...

And later on we find:

Although supposition, members opined that this may have been due to a combination of a possible reflection from the low sun off one of the aircraft to the West, and of the pilot's head movement as he looked forward. After some discussion it was decided that, although the reflection theory held some merit, the overall dearth of information relating to the event rendered a meaningful finding impossible.

Heard of afterimage? Google it.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 3

Sounds like a bird hit

seriously?, at 34000 ft? wow, great theory Einstein...

Pwned..

Seriously though, if only he was wearing glasses with slow-motion lenses...

Sometimes when Im parked at traffic lights, from the corner of my eye I suddenly get the unnerving sensation Im rolling backward.... but it is an illusion caused by other vehicles edging forwards .

Pilots are just as susceptible to this type of mind drift.

• Like 1

I love how people still equate the "cigar UFO" with aliens. It's been debunked for quite some time now.

There are a number of cylindrical drone/airship craft developed, and being developed, by defense contractors.

• Like 1

I love how people still equate the "cigar UFO" with aliens. It's been debunked for quite some time now.

There are a number of cylindrical drone/airship craft developed, and being developed, by defense contractors.

:blink:

• Like 1

Just the sort of reply I would expect from the sort of person who has no idea what is going on in the world.. ;)

A long metallic craft they say? Gosh golly gee.. nothing like that on this planet, that's for sure, right?

Lockheed-Martin-HALO-High-Altitude-Airship-01.jpg

Edited by Amerix

The aliens must've used some memory eraser on the co-pilot but didn't notice the pilot since he was ducking.

well, he duck to the right where the other pilot was.... got it? ;)

Just the sort of reply I would expect from the sort of person who has no idea what is going on in the world.. ;)

A long metallic craft they say? Gosh golly gee.. nothing like that on this planet, that's for sure, right?

Lockheed-Martin-HALO-High-Altitude-Airship-01.jpg

Nice blimp but you talked about objects of cylindrical shape and not egg shaped ones.

Can you provide something that can proof yr claim of cylindrical shaped flying objects?

• Like 1

Back in my USAF days, I knew a pilot - an unexcitable guy - who came very close to putting a B-52 into what's known as an 'unusual attitude' trying to avoid a head-on collision with Venus. He and his co-pilot both claimed it looked like a six-foot ball of fire coming straight at them. It was only after their navigator calculated the position of Venus in the sky that they realized what it had been.

Optical illusions do happen at altitude.

• Like 4

Nice blimp but you talked about objects of cylindrical shape and not egg shaped ones.

Can you provide something that can proof yr claim of cylindrical shaped flying objects?

If it happened as quickly as it sounds, the shape may have been provided in retrospect by the pilot's mind.

• Like 2

At the speed these airliners are going, It would not surprise me in the least if what they saw was in fact the blimp I posted, and they thought it was cylindrical in shape because of the speed and intensity it all happened in.

My theory is still leaps and bounds above any theory of little green men in flying cigars.

How exactly has it been debunked?

In 1978 a family witnessed a strange object in their field; as they approached it took off, changed direction and then rose vertically. It joined with a larger cigar shaped object that then took off at high speed.

Ted Phillips investigated the case and found dehydrated vegetation where the object had sat.

Looks like you have just been debunked.

Check it out:

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/mo1978.html

Nothing that fits the description of what was seen though.

Check out this footage too:

For interest sake only. It was clear what they saw.

Well since the only guy that saw it isn't even clear what he saw, how can you make this claim.

Sounds to me like his eyes were playing tricks on him and he panicked.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Well since the only guy that saw it isn't even clear what he saw, how can you make this claim.

Sounds to me like his eyes were playing tricks on him and he panicked.

Doubtful. Nothing fictitious about cigar shaped UFO's anyway. Plenty of footage exists on them.

• Like 1