Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Human Race Will Come To An End

human race evolution

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#46    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Stress, as the experience of lab rats everywhere has repeatedly testified, is a sign that a living thing is growing increasingly unfit for the world in which it lives, and as Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace astutely observed more than 150 years ago, when a living thing and its environment are no longer a good match, something has to give, and it is always the living thing.

If this is true then extinction is inevitable for all species, especially if they cannot adapt.  If, on the other hand, we become extinct by forces of nature (which is also inevitable) then what are we going to do?  We can try to prepare like the doomsayers, constantly boarding supplies and living by waiting for disaster or we can go to church and ask some invisible god to forgive us for being born sinners and allow us to live so we can sin some more.

I guess we can also rely on our governments and scientists and public servants to tell us what to do.  But ultimately, we really don't have a lot of control over the issue.   We can plan & prep all we want, if nature designs a disaster we don't get a say as to how, where our when it happens.

Worrying about the ends of the world used to give me nightmares and some severe anxiety but one day I just realized it's beyond my control.  All I can do is continue to do what I must do now to ensure I am ok and my family is ok.

If the **** hits the fan while I am alive I will do what I have to do then.  If I don't make it, oh well... I won't have to worry abbot it.

If it's evolution that's going to do humans in them it will be pretty gradual and again nothing anyone can do about it.

So.... meh.....

Edited by Lava_Lady, 02 February 2013 - 12:54 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#47    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

View Postthe L, on 01 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

When we talk about evolution almost all scientists agree that it happened. But after that everything is open to debate. Like there is no other thing about they agree. Except that it happened.

But as I said. We are young. Give us more time.
Same with gravity. We know it's there but where the heck is it coming from?

http://www.livescien...es-gravity.html

Posted Image

~MEH~

#48    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Yes.   but we won't go quietly .

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#49    Mr_Wright21

Mr_Wright21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

You guy are right humans have become very nasty and uncaring. We should appreciate everything the earth has given us but we don't. The earth will eventually become extinct when our star dies.

#50    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Most likely next step is that we all revert to the stoneage. No civilization has lasted forever, and ours is already self-destructing.

#51    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostMr_Wright21, on 02 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

You guy are right humans have become very nasty and uncaring. We should appreciate everything the earth has given us but we don't. The earth will eventually become extinct when our star dies.

"Have become"? When have all humans ever been nice and caring?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#52    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

There are a few possibilities to what will happen. Genetics will probably be a big part in what will happen. At the moment our bodies are in tune with our ecosystem. If we choose to pull away from that then we will through genetic modification and we will destroy the balance we had with the planet and irreversibly cast ourselves out into the stars. Maintaining ourselves genetically forever. The other side of things is that we will stay on the planet and we overcome our own greed and realize to stop ignoring ourselves and others and overcome all the problems with ourselves and live in harmony with the planet. Authority figures have to empower the people not stip it away

#53    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

no  insight  at  all...  giggles...
1)  more  people  are  alive  today  than  at  any  time  in  human past...   because  we  are  not  dieing ,  we  are  healthier  than  ever  before ...  

2)  for  the  first  time  in  the  history  of  the  earth...   there  is  communication   among  us  all...   in  1961 ...  for  the american president  to  talk  to  the  premire of  russia...  it  took  5  operators  and  4  hours....  and  it  took  a  near  atomic  war  to  make  that  posable  ....
today...  i  can  talk  to  any  one  on  the  planet  with  a cell  phone   in  my  car ...    and   it  took  a  cop  car in  the  other  lane  to  keep  me  from  doing  it .

3) if things  keep  going  as  they  are  now ,  most  poeple  will  be  able  to  live  beyond  150 years  old ...
of  course   most  people  will  be  hateful  and   nags  ,  and  angry  and   blaim   everyone  else   for  their  problems..

4)  .....   yeah  ,  things  are  bad....   but  thats  alright...   bad  for  you  and  i  can  handle  my  issues

#54    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

bad  news...  the  biological  "we"  will never  leave  this  solar system ....

the  "  balance  with  nature " you  speak  of  is  not  real  now  ,  was  not  real  in  the past  ,  and  most certanly  will  never  come  about  in  the  future .
  what  i  can  say  is  that   if  life  were  ment  to  be  easy...  rock  would  be  alive ...   and  i  know  some  rocks  that  are  pretty  good  ,  but  they  are  not  yet  as  alive  as  most  of  you ....
some  of  you  are  real  jewels ,  but   don't  start  relaxing  ,  cause  life   will  get  hard  again  ,  just  about  the  time  you  think  things  are  getting  easy  ...  boom  a  new  thing  comes  along ....

#55    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,181 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

View Postozman, on 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

There is no proof yet that humans evolved from apes, so how do you know a higher being didn't create us? You can't just assume humans evolved and will keep evolving.
There is no proof of atoms, germs, or gravity either. Proof doesn't exist in science, evidence does. So please get your facts straight.

#56    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,975 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I think in the future after we are all dead.the humans will do them selfs in.

#57    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Funny how sinchronicity works. I felt like I had something to contribute to this topic but sort of put off making a coherent reply. And guess what. My next reading I had on my Sony ebook reader was, well, almost the whole answer to this question, better than I would've ever been able to put it. So I'll just link it in here and link in the bit that's missing but is important to make it a whole answer. So here they are:
http://llresearch.or.../1995_1022.aspx
http://www.llresearc..._2003_0320.aspx

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#58    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

As the population increases the peril of pandemics increases and we are heavily dependent upon petroleum. When the petroleum disappears or population is dramatically reduced, I would like to think we will evolve or devolve to a level that is more harmonious with the natural rhythms of the earth although it may be an eon before the earth recovers from us.

#59    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostHasina, on 02 February 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

Same with gravity. We know it's there but where the heck is it coming from?

http://www.livescien...es-gravity.html

As many others thing. But as I stressed out earlier, we have atleast 5/6 utopian scenarios of future. Colonizing space is just one of them.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#60    Overpopulation

Overpopulation

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postozman, on 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

There is no proof yet that humans evolved from apes, so how do you know a higher being didn't create us? You can't just assume humans evolved and will keep evolving.
Actually we are still evolving. http://www.the-scien...Icy-Life/  just tell me if you don't accept this. Because this another crisis, people don't accept evolution. While their is so much evidence.

Also tagged with human race, evolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users