Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3121    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,907 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Nobody would deny that there are thousands of hoaxes around.  Don't forget what this thread is all about; direct witness testimony.  What better way to portray that than by being able to look into the eyes of the people themselves as they relate their stories.  The best possible evidence imho.

Particularly when there are hundreds of them.

The interviews are fine. I am talking more about the " UFO caught on tape " videos.

And, I am being sincere, I do hope you find something some day. I also think you may want this to be real so bad that you believe more then you should. But that is just a opinion, and if you did not post, I would not have anything to read or watch. :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3122    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

There is also this...

In all sensibility why would a geological survey team try and create a UFO hoax?  Is that really what they were there for?  Come on guys get real.

Posted Image

#3123    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 05 October 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

The interviews are fine. I am talking more about the " UFO caught on tape " videos.

And, I am being sincere, I do hope you find something some day. I also think you may want this to be real so bad that you believe more then you should. But that is just a opinion, and if you did not post, I would not have anything to read or watch. :)

Posted Image

#3124    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,907 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

In all sensibility why would a geological survey team try and create a UFO hoax?  Is that really what they were there for?  Come on guys get real.

Quick story about hoax's Zoser....

WADSWORTH, Nev. — At least a couple of people near Wadsworth have reported seeing an alligator in the Truckee River and state game wardens are taking the claim seriously enough to set traps baited with chicken meat for the reptile.
So far, however, the gator, described as 3 to 4 feet long, has given authorities the slip.
Jim Curran, the state's regional fisheries supervisor, said the reported alligator is too small to pose a threat and might not survive the near-freezing winter waters anyway.
Posted Image

"We figure this one must have been someone's pet," Curran said. "When it got too big, they dumped it in the river."
The first reported sighting came Oct. 14 when Jack Maughan said he saw the snub-nosed animal in the river while taking his daily walk along the bank. And Maughan's son, Bryan, says he spotted the reptile on Sunday.
The story of the Wadsworth gator sightings isn't being ignored by the town, about 10 miles east of the Reno-Sparks area.
Tom Peterson, local fire chief and owner of the Wadsworth Inn, has had T-shirts made boasting that the town is the state's gator capital. And this weekend Fire Department volunteers are hosting an Indian taco feed featuring "super-hot gator sauce."
Meanwhile, the legend continues to grow. "Yeah, it's 3 to 4 feet long, but at 11 o'clock, after a few beers, that gator gets to be a 16-footer," Peterson says.

http://articles.lati...1_truckee-river

I was 22 when that story came out, I am now 46. That story made the front page of the Reno Gazette, and this is right before the first Iraq war. I had a co-worker whom had a brother that had a pet Caimon, coincidently he wanted to get rid of this pet. A reward was offered for the capture of the " alligator ", and one thing led to another. I was young and dumb. The capture brought in all 3 news stations, and a big fiasco, we made front page news the day we bombed Iraq, same page.

It was all a hoax, every bit of it.....Why do people do it? It was fun at the time, it was exciting. The most fun was seeing peoples reactions, and seing people report sightings themselves, all while laughing knowing nothing was in that river. Not to mention, it was cold, and the truckee river is fed by Lake Tahoe ( snow run off ).

All in all, I still tell the story, and it was a hoax.....People do it because it is a form of entertainment.

WADSWORTH, NEV. — FIGHTING CAIMANS. The legendary ''16-foot Wadsworth gator'' is a South American caiman. He's only 3 feet long and 10 pounds. He likes cheeseburgers better than chicken bait set for him in the Truckee River. Nevada Game Warden Steve Albert has taken custody of the caiman, a cousin of the alligator. The reptile was seen in the river Oct. 14 and was probably put there by someone who tired of it as a pet. Robert Lester, 22, of Sparks, and John Warner, 26, of Reno, captured it while fishing. Warner kept the caiman in his bathtub and fed him cheeseburgers hoping to make him a pet, although that's illegal. Warner collected a $500 reward a Reno man offered. Eddie Floyd, a University of Florida alumnus, paid the reward. ''I can't take it back to Florida because there are no Florida Fightin' Caimans,'' he said. ''But I'm glad it's okay.''

http://articles.orla...sity-of-florida

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#3125    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Winchester England - 1976

Sorry to post another so quickly but this one just couldn't wait.  I have watched it three times already.  It's only a short testimony by an English lady and her gentleman friend who had a close encounter.   The alien being described sounds familiar in two ways:

1)  Wearing similar clothing as described by Jesse Roestenburg

2) Facial hair similar to that described by Alan Godfrey also from England (The Todmorden Case) who had an encounter with a being called Joseph (see photo below).

This is a truly incredible testimony and I would have waited, but it's too good to delay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3126    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Is anybody really watching all these youtube videos,...?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3127    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Is anybody really watching all these youtube videos,...?

Only the UFO enthusiasts.

Posted Image

#3128    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Topless UFO Enthusiasts Return to the White House Sunday. http://www.washingto...e-house-sunday/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3129    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 October 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Topless UFO Enthusiasts Return to the White House Sunday. http://www.washingto...e-house-sunday/

Stop messing about Haz.  What did you think of the Winchester clip?

Posted Image

#3130    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,095 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostDBunker, on 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???
O'm not arguing about that; I'm just saying that Plasma doesn't sound all that rational as an off-the-cuff Rational explanation, it sounds as if a lot more questions could be asked about it than there are.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3131    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,907 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostDBunker, on 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???

I do not get to involved in the UFO thing. ( posting anyway ).When I do, I like to look at each " UFO " as it is....unidentified flying object.

Whether it be a bug, a rc plane, a hoax, a lie, a plane, etc. depends on each individual case.

" UFO phenomenon ", I do not think that is what it is.When you take the entire basic " UFO " cases as a whole, to me it is a " interest ", and to some a " addiction ", as in ghost hunting.

I think there is a answer for every case out there, I do not think it is a mass alien / government space travel, hide and seek program.

There is nothing to explain away, some people are fascinated by the TV shows, stories on the internet, books, movies, etc. and they group it all into one big bowl and call it a " phenomenon ", when as I said, it is a " interest ".

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#3132    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

And there's the giveaway, UFO enthusiasts, not investigators/researchers.
You claim to run a group (although one which has never had any credibility in the UK), so how about posting case files for discussion - instead of endless videos of anecdotal accounts?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#3133    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 05 October 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

You claim to run a group (although one which has never had any credibility in the UK), so how about posting case files for discussion - instead of endless videos of anecdotal accounts?

Take a look at the cases posted on this thread.  Most of them have a lot of written detail accompanying them.  We try to cater for all tastes on this thread.

:alien:

Also see post 3120 which answers your question most succinctly.

Edited by zoser, 06 October 2012 - 06:32 AM.

Posted Image

#3134    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostSakari, on 05 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

I do not get to involved in the UFO thing. ( posting anyway ).When I do, I like to look at each " UFO " as it is....unidentified flying

I think there is a answer for every case out there, I do not think it is a mass alien / government space travel, hide and seek program.

Which is doomed to failure.  The reports of sightings and close encounters have a marked consistency to them.  The skeptics answers all vary usually in ridiculous ways that don't fit the facts.  Then if all else fails, the witnesses are deemed liars.

Posted Image

#3135    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 05 October 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I'm not an enthusiast; I don't even like them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users