Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Purpose of Life

muslim

Peace be unto u al. This is a nice lecture im currently listening too, it makes u think, what is the prupose of life? Its an islamic lecture but it still can be herd by a Christian or even an Athiest since we all think about this topic. Id really like it if u guys would hear it then share with me your thoughts :) it really makes you think and it inspires you and strengthens your faith be it Christianity Judaism or anything else as long as you believe in God. If u don, it also makes u think so its nice too.

part 1

http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Lec...lislam.net).mp3

part 2

http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Lec...lislam.net).mp3

Edited by muslim

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova Scotia

• muslim

• chaoszerg

• EmpressStarXVII

Just wanted to add , that Book They tried to make Illeagal to publish .

Mainstream Christianity wanted it erased from the earth .

Why!? :S hey i never asked u, what type of christian are u? And why arent u a catholic since u believe in the trinity?

The purpose of life is a test of free will, as God said to Adam 'and I will see who among your race loves or abhors me'. To love God of your own free will. Everything else is trivial.

You mean to chose or not weather to submit to obey God is the reason?

Solomon concluded all was vanity but the fear of God and keeping of his commands.

The big problem is now finding the real path to obey the real God . So many paths now days .

Satan is at work cutting paths .

Ive never herd of church of God. Ive herd of church of Jesus CHrist peace be upon him. Is that it? So whats ur concet of God?

Purpose of life ... its what Ashley mentioned 'Free Will' ... the purpose of life really is an individual thing. We all have the free will to determine our purpose in life and its direction.

Look the Book over Muslim .

I don't agree with all that mans teachings (i liked his son alot better) but he certainly had most of christianity beat

I think people need to make their own purpose in life because i dont think there is a purpose to life unless you make your own.

In the beginning it says that he is not giving a lecture ;).

I absolutely loved hearing his speech. I think that it spoke a great deal of knowledge, and a lot of unanswered questions to leave us to think about.

I particularly liked his point made on the books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. As to why did they not have a last name. And how did Muhommad know of technologies that was recently discovered in the last century.

My favourite quote from the whole speech was on the second part when the gentleman speaking said:

"Because the object of this life is not for you to sit here, and after this do nothing and have no effect. Every cause has an effect. And you came into this life for a cause and a purpose, and it must have an effect. It must warrant some sort of effect. You dont go to school to stay there. You dont go to work not to get paid. You dont build a house and not move into it. You dont get a suite made and dont wear it. You dont grow up as a child and not become an adult. You dont work without expecting a reward. You cannot live without expecting to die. You can not die without the expectancy of the grave. And you cannot expect that the grave is the end. Because that would mean that God has created you for a foolish purpose.'

One thing that made me wonder. He spoke of many prophets from the Bible. Moses, David, John the Baptist, and then he would mention the name of Muhommad and would always say afterwards peace be upon him. Why is it that if Muhommad is just as any other prophet that he mentioned, why did he not say peace be upon him to each of the others, only Muhommad?

The purpose of life is to live it well.

Be true to your self and those you hold close.

Be fair and equitable to all.

Spend more time living THIS life than worrying about the next.

Help those who need it, and be not too proud to accept help when YOU need it.

Stand for justice, understanding, and peace among men.

God or Gods cannot bring peace to us, we must create it ourselves.

And first among all: Do no harm to others, and allow no one to harm you.

He spoke of many prophets from the Bible. Moses, David, John the Baptist, and then he would mention the name of Muhommad and would always say afterwards peace be upon him. Why is it that if Muhommad is just as any other prophet that he mentioned, why did he not say peace be upon him to each of the others, only Muhommad?

Muslims believe in all prophets including Jesus Christ and we say peace be upon them all. Maybe he was just caught up in the speach I guess.

Nova Scotia I didnt understand what you're trying to say sorry, look under what book?

Edited by muslim

Muslims believe in all prophets including Jesus Christ and we say peace be upon them all. Maybe he was just caught up in the speach I guess.

Nova Scotia I didnt understand what you're trying to say sorry, look under what book?

Thanks for the reply, and thank you for sharing the clips :).

"The best of people are those that bring most benefit to the rest of mankind.” (Mohammed).

I believe thats the purpose of life spread love and bennefit and peace. Actually spread good stuff. Millions of people are doing all they can to spread hate and bad stuff, we should be better than them and spread good stuff, a universal brotherhood.

Edited by muslim

If you want a biological explanation, it is to pass on your genes. I.e have a child and ensure their healthy survival.

Humanly? All you can do is to enjoy yourself without doing so at the expense of others. You get one life, no point in living it in misery.

Muslim back in my first post there is a link to click on that will take you to a book a man wrote on this subject the meaning of life .

you can read the book online or order it sent to you free by mail .

Some think this book does a good job of telling the real reason man is here .

The group of men thats publishing this book giving it out for free had to fight to be able to publish it ,some beleaved it was there christian duty to erase that book from ever being distributed .

Its only a book and it was only a man that wrote it . But i do think he was a very wise man .

Not perfect in wisdom (made some mistakes) but he certainly had it figgured out better then most of us .Too Good in some so called christians opinion.

lol Im gonna read it God willing after Im done with some books Im reading now :) is he alive today? When was this book written?

no hes been dead a few years now i think back in the 80s .

I never studied under him at all . I liked his sons teachings . His son is dead now too died 3.5 years ago .

I don't listen to many christian teachers in a serious way . I will not go to sunday keeping churches or even some sabbath keeping churches .

My faith is not a popular faith in the christian world . Its almost the opposite of what all other religions teach.

the biggest difference is we don't beleave God is trying to save all men now .

we beleave hes only picking and choseing a few that are the worlds future kings and priest . That the rest the world he allows to be decieved to save them . As a deceived man is not judged for what he is blind of . So

this is why the bible is so hard to unlock the truth is dangerous knowledge . As the Church of God is being judged now in this life time . They have to obey God .

The rest the world yes they are decieved ,all of them . But Before they are judged in the great white throne judgement God will open their eyes .

So i don't beleave your muslim ancesters are in hell ,nor do i beleave my false christian ancesters are in hell , or the budist ,or the hindues .

But real men of God had to go through judgement in this life , some of them may of failed and lost eternal life .

The ones that won will soon be our kings to rule under the King Christ .

The truth is very well hidden because its Dangerous .somes eyes cannot be oppened in this life time as God has them sealed shut .

He will chose these future kings and priest out of all nations . All religions of this earth are from Satan accept for one . And that one it almost takes a mirricle to Find!

I just want to add we are christian .

We do accept Christ sacrifice

We do Repent

We also recieve The Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands shortly after baptism . Most christians for get this chain of hands that i suspect goes all the way back to Christ appostles . they seem to forget how the one that baptised them recieved the spirit .

The best way to prove muhamed was a Fake ? you study the bible sincerly and find all christianitys false doctrines like hell , imortal souls ect . Then you relise Muhamed got his religion from false Christians that never knew . If he was from God he would of discovered the Errors .

I believe that honesty manifested would lie and Mohammed wouldnt. Peace be upon him. Whats the wisdom behind this then? If God purposely is leaving those blind, blind, without any signs or anything and than show them their mistakes and forgive the. But those who arent blind, will be judged? How is that fair?

I believe that honesty manifested would lie and Mohammed wouldnt. Peace be upon him. Whats the wisdom behind this then? If God purposely is leaving those blind, blind, without any signs or anything and than show them their mistakes and forgive the. But those who arent blind, will be judged? How is that fair?

the same way you say you're right and everybody else is wrong.....where do u get that this is what God is doing? those who are not blind ( i am guessing you are referring to saved by grace ) will not be judged...anyway God has given plenty of signs to lead us by and forgiveness is because the flesh is weak and not perfect...the world declares the power and glory of God....

randomhit10