Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5866 replies to this topic

#3946    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 11 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

If only i could read Dutch too , i have spent all day so far trying to use google translate , only to get a couple of measly pages of Gobledygook , takes too long , and is not accurate enough ,

And that's the problem: many sources are only available in Dutch, so to convince those who don't understand Dutch, Otharus, Knul, Gestur, Van Gorp (a Belgian), Alewyn (a South African) and I have to translate and often from sources that are centuries old.

"Centuries old" means old-fashioned spelling, and Google Translator (or any online automatic translator) can't handle that at all.

I think it's the same thing with ancient Indian manuscripts: all we non-Indians are able to read are those that are translated into other languages (mostly English), and then we just have to believe these translations are accurate. And that's why I am glad The_Spartan showed up in this thread, and so should you.

The_Spartan is not a 'bad' guy, but he has no patience for vagueness and bs and is kind of blunt, lol. And I don't have that much patience either, heh. Sorry. And my bluntness got me banned a couple of times...

I am also glad a guy from Norway started participating in this thread: "Apol", because he, with his Norse background and command of the Norse language, can give us new insights.

Btw, where are you, Apol? And Gestur? And Puzzler? And Alewyn?

Edited by Abramelin, 11 May 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#3947    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I know , and i do appreciate all you guys translating like you do , and i do hope The_Spartan can come up with some ideas , i know my stuff is mainly all theory

but i do try to always state that , from some of the comments i am just not sure if people would rather i was not here .maybe just a bit touchy .

at the moment i am reading as much as i can on Sandracottus , Chandragupta as i think we know he met Alexander , so there may be mentions of other

tribes he met around that time , that may be our OLB ex-frisians ,  so far the only closely named tribe i can find are the Vrijii who were a republican type clan

rather than a kingdom , so i am trying to find as much as i can on them , and i am also wondering if Alex-andra could have any connection with S=andra-cotta

note also a Roman Gens name was Cotta , as in Lucius Aurelius Cotta .........again just thinking out loud but think its worth me finding out what i can .

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 11 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#3948    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

YOU are "touchy", Not us.

I grew up with 3 elder brothers... you think they listened to my soul's voice before they beat me up? LOL.

Man , grow some balls. We are not your enemies, ok?

#3949    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Have we got any idea what time frame Friso was alive , and did i read , or did i dream it , that Friso could have been in Alexanders Army ?

#3950    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

You mean earlier occasions of the complete word, "eigendommelijkheid"?

The earliest source I found was from 1560, but it's only part of the word, ie. "eigendommelijk".

Yes, the complete word, but in a juridical context with an other meaning something like ownership. I found three or four occasions in the 1820's, but I was not interested in them.

#3951    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostKnul, on 11 May 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Yes, the complete word, but in a juridical context with an other meaning something like ownership. I found three or four occasions in the 1820's, but I was not interested in them.

Opzoeken: propriėteit

Tip: dubbelklik op een woord om de definities daarvan te zien.

#3952    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,731 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

The names Alexander and Chandragupta have two different origins and meanings.

Alexandros = "Αλέξανδρος = "ἀλέξω + ἀνδρός = Alexos + Andros, ἀλέξω meaning to protect/ward off and ἀνδρός meaning "Men", essentially Alexnderros means Protector of Men.

whereas Chandragupta = Chandra + Gupta,  Chandra meaning the Moon and Gupta meaning Commander/Military Governor/Leader.

The andros in Alexander and andra of the chandra are two different words with two different meanings.

Word play doesnt make facts often, it becomes linguistics gymnastics.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#3953    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thanks Spartan , but the appelation that i was wondering about was Sandrocottus , not the other name Chandragupta which is obviously very different ,

we know that these kings were given many titles , Nanda was called Mahapadma , mahapadmapati , Aggramen (Agrammes ), Ugrasena , Mudra Rakshasa as far as i can see ,

so i dont suppose that Sandracottus means Moon - Commander .

i thought that Chandra was supposed to have come from a Solar Clan, rather than a Moon Clan.

If the Nanda ( of which Chandra was said to be a remote Scion ) were foreigners , then this could be why they were classified as low caste  , and foreigners

would not have necessarily gone along with the caste system , meaning that it would not have the same meaning to them , and they would not worry about

taking a Sudra as a wife for a King . ( as Chandra's father was said to have done )

Many of the ancient Buddhist and Jain  writing completely ignore some of the offspring of the Nandas , as if they do not consider them legitimate Kings, for

instance there is no mention of Darsaka's reign , he can only be verified by an inscription in the Nagarjuni hill caves , and some of ( Sri-Lankan) Ceylons Buddhist

literature .

#3954    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,731 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 12 May 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Thanks Spartan , but the appelation that i was wondering about was Sandrocottus , not the other name Chandragupta which is obviously very different ,

we know that these kings were given many titles , Nanda was called Mahapadma , mahapadmapati , Aggramen (Agrammes ), Ugrasena , Mudra Rakshasa as far as i can see ,

so i dont suppose that Sandracottus means Moon - Commander .

i thought that Chandra was supposed to have come from a Solar Clan, rather than a Moon Clan.

If the Nanda ( of which Chandra was said to be a remote Scion ) were foreigners , then this could be why they were classified as low caste  , and foreigners

would not have necessarily gone along with the caste system , meaning that it would not have the same meaning to them , and they would not worry about

taking a Sudra as a wife for a King . ( as Chandra's father was said to have done )

Many of the ancient Buddhist and Jain  writing completely ignore some of the offspring of the Nandas , as if they do not consider them legitimate Kings, for

instance there is no mention of Darsaka's reign , he can only be verified by an inscription in the Nagarjuni hill caves , and some of ( Sri-Lankan) Ceylons Buddhist

literature .

Snadra is how the Greeks would ahve pronounced the name Chandra.
This cottus would have been a corruption of the name or how they would have heard Gupta.

Chandra means The Moon and Gupta means Commander. No doubts about it.
Sandracottus is the corruption of the name Chandragupta . how the greeks heard and understood the name.

Nanda Dynasty ruled over Magadha which is not in western India but in Eastern India, covering present day states of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha and parts of Madhya pradesh. This is INSIDE India and Not Outside India. So, the concept of Outsider doesnt stand.

the concept of Foreigners being low caste, didnt exist at that time.
the concept of Foreigners being Mlechhas or Barbarians did exist.
Now, can you give me some evidence /documentation/reference that The Nanda Dynasty were foreigners.
The Assumption that the Nandas were foreginers because All Foreigners were low castes and Nandas were Low caste, doesnt stand.
Foreigners can be low caste , but all foreigners need not be low caste and Low caste can be Foreigners, but all low caste need not be Foreigners. Simple Logic.

And what is the essense of stating matters about Darska in regards to Chandrgupta Maurya?
Your thought process is not linear. it branches off widly and I am not able to understand the sequence and matter.
Dont jump off into another subject right in middle of explaining something. stay in the flow.
Be legible.

It is better to start a different thread for your doubts, views on Ancient India ather than derail a topic on the OLB and the Flood.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#3955    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 11 May 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Have we got any idea what time frame Friso was alive , and did i read , or did i dream it , that Friso could have been in Alexanders Army ?

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bp

The Friso of old Frisian legend did serve in Alexander's army.

Edited by Abramelin, 12 May 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#3956    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 12 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Snadra is how the Greeks would ahve pronounced the name Chandra.
This cottus would have been a corruption of the name or how they would have heard Gupta.

Chandra means The Moon and Gupta means Commander. No doubts about it.
Sandracottus is the corruption of the name Chandragupta . how the greeks heard and understood the name.

Nanda Dynasty ruled over Magadha which is not in western India but in Eastern India, covering present day states of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha and parts of Madhya pradesh. This is INSIDE India and Not Outside India. So, the concept of Outsider doesnt stand.

the concept of Foreigners being low caste, didnt exist at that time.
the concept of Foreigners being Mlechhas or Barbarians did exist.
Now, can you give me some evidence /documentation/reference that The Nanda Dynasty were foreigners.
The Assumption that the Nandas were foreginers because All Foreigners were low castes and Nandas were Low caste, doesnt stand.
Foreigners can be low caste , but all foreigners need not be low caste and Low caste can be Foreigners, but all low caste need not be Foreigners. Simple Logic.

And what is the essense of stating matters about Darska in regards to Chandrgupta Maurya?
Your thought process is not linear. it branches off widly and I am not able to understand the sequence and matter.
Dont jump off into another subject right in middle of explaining something. stay in the flow.
Be legible.

It is better to start a different thread for your doubts, views on Ancient India ather than derail a topic on the OLB and the Flood.

You are right it needs a different thread , is that easy to do  ? what forum should it go in do you think...........

#3957    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,731 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Ancient Mysteries itself or a History sub forum, i suppose.

#3958    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Much of the discussion concerning the OLB is also about 'fossilized' historians unwilling to accept an alternative history, or historians ridiculing the OLB for it, and so on.

I said - in this and in other threads - that it is not a typical Frisian thing, creating a grand history out of nowhere; you see it in many other nations.  There are Turks, Macedonians, Albanians, Indians (from India that is), Tamil, Jews, all claiming that their language and culture is the oldest and that it spread around the world.

And then there are Hungarians, Magyar, claiming the same. Now I don't want to go off topic again, but read the next about the 'true' history of the Magyar:

Today it is an open secret that the Western Press has accepted the Hungarian sources which purposefully distort Hungarian History and silence  research in the field of Hungarian linguistics. Based on this information, the West makes a judgment about Hungarian culture from the past to the present day. The silencing and distortion of the Hungarian culture is not a new development. On November 6, 1858, Count István Széchenyi, who was the founder of the Hungarian Academy of Science, in theory, withdrew his support of the Academy because, at that time, the Academy supported the Hapsburg politics, which caused enormous damage to the nation and the national identity.

Since that time, the stance of the Hungarian government and the Hungarian Academy of Science has not changed. Therefore, many emigrant Hungarians have become linguists and historians, in order to present a true picture of Hungarian culture and language, hoping to change the distorted opinion of the West. In spite of enormous difficulties, the Hungarian Press in the West has supported this cause. It should be noted that, for many years, the Hungarian Government has not supported national interests, either during the Hapsburg era or after World War II., not even since the fall of Communism in 1990. The Hungarian Academy of Science has not changed its position either. Hungarian researchers who are members of the Hungarian Academy of Science cannot openly present their research because of the hostile and stifling atmosphere of the Academy. Even if, on a rare occasion, they do publish their work, it is never accepted into the school books and can never become public knowledge among the Hungarian people. The silenced and distorted history is the grave of the Hungarian identity. Without its identity, the nation loses the desire to live which is the cause of the population decline. This is why it is necessary that the role of the Hungarian Academy of Science be taken over by an independent organization which is truly Hungarian and scientific.

http://www.magtudin.org/About%20us.htm

The articles (many in English):

http://www.magtudin.org/Articles.htm

+++

EDIT:

Forgot this one:

http://www.schonwald...ut_the_huns.htm

http://ttzlibrary.yu...ry#.UY-780rT6Vs

And this one:

http://ttzlibrary.yu...ngary#reply-189

Edited by Abramelin, 12 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#3959    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

From the last link in my former post :

The name of Árpád, the founder of the modern Hungary, can be found in ancient records, from Egypt to Northern Mesopotamia. According to the Hungarian legend of the Turul Hawk (a mythical bird which corresponds to the Sumerian "Dugud"), Ügyek, the descendant of king Magog (the Scythian king Magog lived in Northern Mesopotamia, according to Assyrian records) and a royal leader of the land of Scythia, married the daughter of Ened-Belia, whose name was Emeshe (a word that means "priestess" in Sumerian language). From her was born their first son Álmos. Álmos, who was Árpád's father, is said to be a descendant of Attila the Hun.

Just to show you all how desperate people can become to prove they are the one and true origin of civilization.

#3960    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,843 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 12 May 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

The names Alexander and Chandragupta have two different origins and meanings.

Alexandros = "Αλέξανδρος = "ἀλέξω + ἀνδρός = Alexos + Andros, ἀλέξω meaning to protect/ward off and ἀνδρός meaning "Men", essentially Alexnderros means Protector of Men.

whereas Chandragupta = Chandra + Gupta,  Chandra meaning the Moon and Gupta meaning Commander/Military Governor/Leader.

The andros in Alexander and andra of the chandra are two different words with two different meanings.

Word play doesnt make facts often, it becomes linguistics gymnastics.

That's amusing: Alexander was particularly bad at warding off Hephaestion.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users