Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghosts are real.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

My brother was lost at sea when he was 15 and I was 10. he used to skid his bike handles down the side of our house when he came home.
The noise of this continued to happen after he was gone.
He had a specific knock that he used to use when he came to the front door to get in.
This knock continued to happen.... witnessed by me and my mother and others... nobody there.

Another house.... manually operated click switch radio turning itself on in the middle of the night and being up very LOUD.
Hard and loud knocking from under the floorboards where there was a completely sealed garage underneath ... nobody there.

Dont try to tell me this is all imagined or made up.... there are others too...

#2    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

he is just trying to make contact, so you know he can see you and let you know he is ok.. talk to him.. let him know you know he is with you.. thats all he wants.. i doubt he is trying to scare you..

what about dreams??

#3    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

you got my support :D

#4    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

My one problem with these stories is that just just because you can't explain it, it doesn't mean that it's unexplainable.

Edited by Bracket, 05 November 2012 - 08:45 AM.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#5    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

If I was a ghost I'd write a note or say something or do something more useful than scrap my handle bars and knock on doors.

Obviously I'm not and dont know how being dead works, but if you can turn on a radio and knock on a door, why can't you pick up a pen?

#6    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 05 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

If I was a ghost I'd write a note or say something or do something more useful than scrap my handle bars and knock on doors.

Obviously I'm not and dont know how being dead works, but if you can turn on a radio and knock on a door, why can't you pick up a pen?

or make a skype call.. lol..

#7    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 05 November 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

My brother was lost at sea when he was 15 and I was 10. he used to skid his bike handles down the side of our house when he came home.
He had a specific knock that he used to use when he came to the front door to get in.
This knock continued to happen.... witnessed by me and my mother and others... nobody there.

Another house.... manually operated click switch radio turning itself on in the middle of the night and being up very LOUD.
Hard and loud knocking from under the floorboards where there was a completely sealed garage underneath ... nobody there.

only just read about the stereo.. that for me was always the easiest of all, for them (spirits) to mess with.. turning it up full ball.. i know they are just messing, but it can be quite scary..

#8    seeking8

seeking8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I believe u.

Saw my sister after she died she seemed really happy she also died as a child. Don't worry about people telling u it's just something u have imagined they say that because they have not experienced this kind of thing.

#9    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

This is interesting.
I'm not sure I believe in 'ghosts' but I've always said I don't want to find out if it means getting the pants scared off me.  Maybe some are trying to get a message across the only way they can but also not to cause too much distress for the people they love.

Ofcourse, another theory could be that you loved your brother a lot and your brain has created moments for you as a way of coping with the loss of him in your life (even years after when you aren't consciously thinking about him).  Our brains are wonderful and complicated and can never be underestimated.

The important thing is that you feel what you feel when these moments occur.  Love is mighty powerful stuff :yes:

#10    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Sorry  for you loss he is telling you that he is in a better place

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 05 November 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Not really seeing anything about a ghost in this.

Unexplained sounds, yes.  But that's about it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,524 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

That's very interesting about the unique knock, it's not something that can be easily explained with an alternative answer. I know what Sunny Day is getting at and the subconscious can be very stealthy and protective when it comes to dealing with trauma and comfort but two people in the same household experiencing such an event (presuming it was recurrent) is certainly a powerful piece of evidence, obviously taking your word that it occurred.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#13    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

This is just one of many of proof.
Now just need to study, research, and document ghosts so that we can learn about it/them...There may be useful applications by do that.

#14    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Alright, I want to be a ghost and haunt people.

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

How do you know hes not malevolent ? Maybe its just playing right now but it will ramp up soon

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users