Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#316    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,636 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

orangepeaceful79, on 01 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Does that mean that if I believe hard enough, God will send me a magic unicorn that S hits gold turds that I can melt down and sell as bullion?  I sure hope so, because I could use the money right now.

Believing something doesn't make it true.  Something ACTUALLY happening is the basis for truth.  When things ACTUALLY happen they leave behind this little thing called evidence.  There is no evidence that non-avian dinosauria survived the K-T event, making it EXTREMELY unlikely to have occurred.

Clarification aside, if you get a hold of that gold-excreting unicorn, you are required to contribute 50% of all profits accrued to the Moderators Retirement Fund of UM. :D

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#317    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

kmt_sesh, on 02 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Clarification aside, if you get a hold of that gold-excreting unicorn, you are required to contribute 50% of all profits accrued to the Moderators Retirement Fund of UM. :D

I could agree to those terms.  I'd need to be made an honorary Moderator myself though.  There's a plaque that comes with that, right?

#318    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,636 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

orangepeaceful79, on 02 December 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

I could agree to those terms.  I'd need to be made an honorary Moderator myself though.  There's a plaque that comes with that, right?

There's a plaque? I didn't get no stinkin' plaque! I'd rather have the golden turds anyway. I didn't win the recent Power Ball lottery so I want to recoup the ten dollars I wasted on tickets. Golden turds would really do that for me.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#319    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

kmt_sesh, on 02 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

There's a plaque? I didn't get no stinkin' plaque! I'd rather have the golden turds anyway. I didn't win the recent Power Ball lottery so I want to recoup the ten dollars I wasted on tickets. Golden turds would really do that for me.

I don't think it would take too many solid gold poops to recoup 10 bucks.  Gold's pretty high now. Wonder what the hell unicorns eat anyway.  Wonder if Harsh_Patel knows?

#320    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,040 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

orangepeaceful79, on 02 December 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

I don't think it would take too many solid gold poops to recoup 10 bucks.  Gold's pretty high now. Wonder what the hell unicorns eat anyway.  Wonder if Harsh_Patel knows?

Must be ORME if they defecate gold.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#321    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Posted ImageDinosaurs still exist, so yes Humans and Dinosaurs co-exist.

#322    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

LRW, on 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Posted ImageDinosaurs still exist, so yes Humans and Dinosaurs co-exist.

That isn't a dinosaur... it's a crocodile. They're only distantly related.

On a different note, birds are members/descendants of the Dinosauria clade: ergo, yes, dinosaurs and humans have indeed coexisted (since birds existed when, and long before, humans came along)

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#323    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Arbitran, on 03 December 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

That isn't a dinosaur... it's a crocodile. They're only distantly related.

Not everyone has to obide by your opinion.

In my opinion, crocodiles are dinosaurs, the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" modern day crocodiles have the exact same type of shape as ancient crocodiles, only smaller. When their prey got smaller so did the terrible lizards (crocodile). Their hunting also remains unchanged, they hide in water and then ambush unsuspecting prey that need to consume water for sustenance.

Aegisuchus is an extinctgenus of giant, flat-headed crocodyliform within the family Aegyptosuchidae. That is a dinosaur and modern day crocodiles still resemble them
aesthetically.  They are related as you say. Crocodiles are a continuum of more ancient dinosaurs, the terrible lizards et cetera.  

Posted Image

#324    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

LRW, on 03 December 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Not everyone has to obide by your opinion.

In my opinion, crocodiles are dinosaurs, the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" modern day crocodiles have the exact same type of shape as ancient crocodiles, only smaller. When their prey got smaller so did the terrible lizards (crocodile). Their hunting also remains unchanged, they hide in water and then ambush unsuspecting prey that need to consume water for sustenance.

~SNIP~

His isn't an opinion, it's a scientific fact that crocodilians are not dinosaurs. Crocodilians and dinosaurs belong to two completely different lines.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#325    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

cormac mac airt, on 03 December 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

His isn't an opinion, it's a scientific fact that crocodilians are not dinosaurs. Crocodilians and dinosaurs belong to two completely different lines.

cormac

They certainly don't look at all that different. All facts are a matter of interpretation. Two different lines you say? In my opinion, they are the same line only less robust. But nevertheless, still extremely impressive dinosaur specimens. They are less robust and smaller probably because their larger prey went extinct.

Since the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" than what else are crocodiles only terrible lizards, they are hardly pretty lizards.

#326    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

LRW, on 03 December 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

They certainly don't look at all that different. All facts are a matter of interpretation. Two different lines you say? In my opinion, they are the same line only less robust. But nevertheless, still extremely impressive dinosaur specimens. They are less robust and smaller probably because their larger prey went extinct.

Since the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" than what else are crocodiles only terrible lizards, they are hardly pretty lizards.

Your opinion isn't the one that matters here. Like I said they belong to two completely different lines. Crocodilians to Crocodylomorpha and dinosaurs to Dinosauromorpha.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#327    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Its kind of cool really, most trolls don't hang around for 157 posts.  truly an enigma!

#328    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

cormac mac airt, on 03 December 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

Your opinion isn't the one that matters here. Like I said they belong to two completely different lines. Crocodilians to Crocodylomorpha and dinosaurs to Dinosauromorpha.

cormac

Citing from mainstrean again and wanting people to blindly obide by the opinions and interpretations of others. So predictable.

I strongly disagree with your theory cited from mainstream so called research.  

Crocodylomorpha, crocodiles or whatever you want to call them, lived in the time of the Dinosaurs, they looked like their fellow giant lizards and hunted like them. To seperate them from dinosaurs in not very scientific. Crocodilians are related to  Crocodylomorpha, and the latter is a remnant of the dinosaur era. Therefore crocodilians or whatever you want to call them are a continuum and are related to fellow giant ancestral lizards of the dinosaur era.  

Seperating them from dinosaurs and calling crocidilians archosaurs is hypocritical, given the fact that the word "dinosaur means terrible lizard" They are still ferocious lizards like T-REX was. Crocodiles can take down huge prey.

Their skeletal structure and ferocity even resembles T-REX. But hey whatever floats your boat, disagree all you like, you won't change my opinion, so keep citing other peoples theories.

Posted Image

#329    LRW

LRW

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

orangepeaceful79, on 03 December 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Its kind of cool really, most trolls don't hang around for 157 posts.  truly an enigma!

So posters are considered a troll if they don't accept mainstream theories? I am a troll for suggesting that crocodiles look and act like dinosaurs and for suggesting that to seperate them into a different category from dinosaurs is non scientific? Wow, thats interesting to say the least.

Well if that makes someone a troll in your book, then you are rather intolerant of alternative opinions. What are you afraid of? alternative history perhaps?

Read the forum title, "Ancient Mysteries And Alternative History" yes alternative history should be allowed to be expressed.

#330    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

LRW, on 03 December 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Citing from mainstrean again and wanting people to blindly obide by the opinions and interpretations of others. So predictable.

I strongly disagree with your theory cited from mainstream so called research.  

Crocodylomorpha, crocodiles or whatever you want to call them, lived in the time of the Dinosaurs, they looked like their fellow giant lizards and hunted like them. To seperate them from dinosaurs in not very scientific. Crocodilians are related to  Crocodylomorpha, and the latter is a remnant of the dinosaur era. Therefore crocodilians or whatever you want to call them are a continuum and are related to fellow giant ancestral lizards of the dinosaur era.  

Seperating them from dinosaurs and calling crocidilians archosaurs is hypocritical, given the fact that the word "dinosaur means terrible lizard" They are still ferocious lizards like T-REX was. Crocodiles can take down huge prey.

Their skeletal structure and ferocity even resembles T-REX. But hey whatever floats your boat, disagree all you like, you won't change my opinion, so keep citing other peoples theories.

Posted Image

Far be it for me to prevent you from being willfully ignorant. Must make you very happy. :yes:

cormac

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users