Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

I looked in search , found nothing on trail cameras.....

I live on the Oregon Coast , part of a supposed " Bigfoot " hot spot.( look at my other posts to see my belief on this)....Anyway , I just ordered a trail camera with infa red flash ( whatever it is called)....I only bought it because we have Elk , Cougars , Bear , Deer , fox , racoon , etc...And I would like to get some pictures further back in the woods....

I was wondering if there is a section anywhere where people post the pictures they get.I know , not a paranormal thing , but , it is a camera with no one around , in a secluded wooded area.I thought it might be cool to post what people capture ( even if it is not Bigfoot )...Anyway , if this is a bad place or idea , let me know...Or if anyone wants to see what lives in the "Bigfoot area" in the woods , I can start posting in about 2 weeks or so....

Edited by Superman
  • Like 4

Count me in.

Cool deal....I am not sure how many people that will read this have trail cameras , I think it would be cool to post pic's from them....With so many " cryptid" reports out in the woods , wouldn't it be nice to have people across the UM community using these cameras?...

I will post pics , once I get it sent here , and working...

• Like 1

You know what sucks... I had that idea to use trap cameras before Destination Truth popularized it, and to be honest with you I don't believe they even have any pics that show something paranormal from there HIGH END Cameras.

I bought one last year... screwed a hole in the base to attach it to a tripod, and as I was drilling the hole, I went too far and cracked the motherboard chip... :wacko: ... it hasn't worked since... lol

That sucks about breaking it.....I only bought mine to capture the wildlife...I used to be a avid Bow hunter...Now more into fishing.....

Mods , I meant for this to be in crypto section...anyway to move it?

I live on the Oregon Coast , part of a supposed " Bigfoot " hot spot.( look at my other posts to see my belief on this)....Anyway , I just ordered a trail camera with infa red flash ( whatever it is called)....I only bought it because we have Elk , Cougars , Bear , Deer , fox , racoon , etc...And I would like to get some pictures further back in the woods....

I was wondering if there is a section anywhere where people post the pictures they get.I know , not a paranormal thing , but , it is a camera with no one around , in a secluded wooded area.I thought it might be cool to post what people capture ( even if it is not Bigfoot )...Anyway , if this is a bad place or idea , let me know...Or if anyone wants to see what lives in the "Bigfoot area" in the woods , I can start posting in about 2 weeks or so....

Excellent idea Sakari. I'm looking forward to any pics you post. I would like to have a trail cam as I would certainly use it. How much do they cost on average?

Edited by Slave2Fate

Excellent idea Sakari. I'm looking forward to any pics you post. I would like to have a trail cam as I would certainly use it. How much do they cost on average?

Just got mine on ebay...$42.00 ....Normally $110.00 at Cabella's.Can't guarantee it will be worth a sh$%....They go for anywhere from $120 -$350.00.....

Actually, you could be on to a classic "million dollar idea". While it may take more time/input than you might be able to expend, the concept is most intriguing. Were you to link up with the numerous sporting/hunting organizations (and their memberships) across the nation, you would be deluged with trail cam photos. This technology has become quite prevalent and is in wide application. One could approach the "publication" of such from more than one angle. Just for starters;

1) Unusual animal photos.

2) Mapping of species distribution.

3) "Unseen" animal behavior.

4) And, of course, evidence/non-evidence of purported unknown bipedal primates.

The list could go on. Approached from the perspective of a well planned research design/business plan, there may be the potential for a quite viable web-site, in addition to possible publication. Quite a range of possibilities.

Not at all in jest here. Good luck!

Actually, you could be on to a classic "million dollar idea". While it may take more time/input than you might be able to expend, the concept is most intriguing. Were you to link up with the numerous sporting/hunting organizations (and their memberships) across the nation, you would be deluged with trail cam photos. This technology has become quite prevalent and is in wide application. One could approach the "publication" of such from more than one angle. Just for starters;

1) Unusual animal photos.

2) Mapping of species distribution.

3) "Unseen" animal behavior.

4) And, of course, evidence/non-evidence of purported unknown bipedal primates.

The list could go on. Approached from the perspective of a well planned research design/business plan, there may be the potential for a quite viable web-site, in addition to possible publication. Quite a range of possibilities.

Not at all in jest here. Good luck!

There are websites that have trail cam photo contests....One even had a " best Bigfoot" contest...There are numerous places to see trail cam photos , mainly hunting sites.I could dabble in it , I have a failing website I have tried that has 1000 hits in 7 months , and not even one order or question.....Maybe time to change it :)

Here are just a couple things...Last one I will put link , pretty good stuff there :)

"Believe in Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti? Bushnell is offering a $1,000,000 to the first person who captures a verifiable photo

of the hairy beast on a trail camera."

"Don't believe? Field & Stream is offering a prize for the best attempt to cheat them out of their money."( contest is over , but pics can be seen at link below)

To enter, upload your trail cam photo to the Sasquatch category. sausquach photo challenge

Sounds fun to me. Even if you only get pics of normal wildlife, I find the wildlife camera to be very interesting and fun. Maybe I'll look into getting one.

Sounds fun to me. Even if you only get pics of normal wildlife, I find the wildlife camera to be very interesting and fun. Maybe I'll look into getting one.

That is all I plan on getting , and reason I am getting it :)

Someone needs to do a study on the sounds produced by trail cams in the non human auditory range. If Bigfoot is real, it has to be avoiding the trail cams either because it can smell or hear them imo.

"Believe in Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti? Bushnell is offering a $1,000,000 to the first person who captures a verifiable photo

of the hairy beast on a trail camera."

"Don't believe? Field & Stream is offering a prize for the best attempt to cheat them out of their money."( contest is over , but pics can be seen at link below)

To enter, upload your trail cam photo to the Sasquatch category. sausquach photo challenge

That's a lot of money, but do they offer the prize to anyone who catches a bigfoot on a "normal" camera or is it just trail cam exclusive?.

Edited by Superman

Someone needs to do a study on the sounds produced by trail cams in the non human auditory range. If Bigfoot is real, it has to be avoiding the trail cams either because it can smell or hear them imo.

That is an interesting idea. I had not thought of that before. You do see videos or pics of bears sniffing the things from time to time. But, bigfoot would really need a good nose or sensitive ears to detect a camera just sitting there waiting for something to break a light beam or trigger the shutter.

No study needed.They are silent ( at least the digital ones)....They make no noise at all while sitting idle , only the motion detector is active.Completely silent.

Now the ones with flash , may make noise when the picture is taken , but than it is too late.....The ones with IR flash , make no noise..

Can't wait to get mine set up.....I did find out they eat through c cell batteries pretty fast though.Depends how many pictures are taken...They offer a 12 volt set up.....Arghhhhh

As for bears that you see "sniffing" the camera....A lot of people put these cameras near feeders , and some of the cameras are not "camouflaged".The bear see it on the tree , and being very curious , may come take a look.....

As for "bigfoot" research ( I am not doing that) , they all use expensive camo cameras , and at night they are invisible.( might as well be).They also make it a point to have the camera hidden as well as possible , they are looking for a "creature"( lack of better word) that seems to be camera shy......Mine is camo , but not very expensive.

Anyway , hope that helped.....

It's a bit silly to think that it is possible for a species of giant apes to occupy our ecosystem and leave no evidence behind.

I was wondering how bigfoot afficionados were going to get around the increasing blanket of surveilannce technology that is in use now. I should have figured bigfoot would have super powers to compliment their super intelligence.

I have to agree.....I hope this topic does not go south , it was not intended as a "I bought a trail cam to catch Bigfoot"....

I just want to make clear , I made this asking if anyone had trail cams , and I purchased one.I think it would be cool to post pic's from trail cams of wildlife in diferent areas.Mine will be Oregon , the coastal area....I am not expecting any bigfeet pics....Especially now that I know they can sense "IR"...Even though the "IR" is only the flash....Weird how Deer , Elk , Wolves , Coyotes , Cougars , Cougars killing deer ( yes on a trai cam pic) , Bear , Turkey , etc , etc....can all walk by one , eat by one , kill by one , and not one of them know it is there....But Bigfoot , he to smart for that....

Anyway , I have hunted many that I have listed above , and especially Turkey , are very , very hard to get close to.Excellent hearing and site....So , no , Bigfoot does not hear or sense it....It would be hard for a made up myth to be able to do that anyway :)

Well.....When I get my cam pics , I will post them , and I hope others do also......

I saw a programme (on 1 of the discovery channels possibly ?) and there was a guy on it that said in his opinion there would only need to be about 250 "bigfoot" to be able to exist continously.

You know what sucks... I had that idea to use trap cameras before Destination Truth popularized it, and to be honest with you I don't believe they even have any pics that show something paranormal from there HIGH END Cameras.

I bought one last year... screwed a hole in the base to attach it to a tripod, and as I was drilling the hole, I went too far and cracked the motherboard chip... :wacko: ... it hasn't worked since... lol

Your luck is about as good as mine. Thay's what they call 'over-mechanicing'. KennyB

Well , set up my trial run on the trail camera....I am sending it back...Pure junk , This is a night photo with IR...I had 3 deer walk almost smack into the camera yesterday , every one of the pictures are pure white.....Junk.....Hopefully I will get a better one....Here is one of the night pics , no idea what set it off , can't see it......Arghhhhhhhh

post-92206-127673454537_thumb.jpg

Well , set up my trial run on the trail camera....I am sending it back...Pure junk , This is a night photo with IR...I had 3 deer walk almost smack into the camera yesterday , every one of the pictures are pure white.....Junk.....Hopefully I will get a better one....Here is one of the night pics , no idea what set it off , can't see it......Arghhhhhhhh

OMG :mellow: YOU CAPTURED BIGFOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Looks just like he does in all the other pictures!!!

Edited by psyche101

OMG :mellow: YOU CAPTURED BIGFOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Looks just like he does in all the other pictures!!!

LOL....I was going to point out , if most trail cams are like this one ( they are not , you get what you pay for) , than that would explain all the fuzzy , out of focus pics :)

It was a raccoon :tu:

LOL....I was going to point out , if most trail cams are like this one ( they are not , you get what you pay for) , than that would explain all the fuzzy , out of focus pics :)

It was a raccoon :tu:

Just to point out....I don't know if this applies to all models, but from some interesting research I've seen....these camera's give off a slight noise, not detectable by humans. Additionally, some animals have the capability to see in the infrared spectrum. So, I'm sure you'll get photos...but I think it should be said that some animals will be aware of the device.

I've seen a nice sequence of a black bear attacking a trail cam. Apparantly it was not too pleased to have it's picture taken. hahah

It ripped the camera from the tree and thrashed the unit. The cover protected the camera and the pictures came out. The bear was p***ed.

a lot of those trail cams have a delay between the sensor being tripped and the photo being taken.

Have to wonder whether some blank photos arent from something close to the camera triping (paw, tail etc) it but moving out of shot before the pic is taken

At least your making an effort Sakari. It would seem that we of the UM community are the only ones that have any serious thought on trying to find these cryptids all over the world. Sure we have Destination Truth... but each episode leaves more questions than answers.

But I do know one thing... That if we want our proof of these creatures, then we're just going to haft to go out and look for them ourselves and report our findings back here.

I'm already planning on going to some of these places so I can hopefully shed some light on the countless stories and sightings we have here on the UM. Besides, isn't this the reason why we all joined this forum on the first place... to try and find answers to what exactly we are all seeing in the world around us.

Edited by Meji

At least your making an effort Sakari. It would seem that we of the UM community are the only ones that have any serious thought on trying to find these cryptids all over the world. Sure we have Destination Truth... but each episode leaves more questions than answers.

But I do know one thing... That if we want our proof of these creatures, then we're just going to haft to go out and look for them ourselves and report our findings back here.

I'm already planning on going to some of these places so I can hopefully shed some light on the countless stories and sightings we have here on the UM. Besides, isn't this the reason why we all joined this forum on the first place... to try and find answers to what exactly we are all seeing in the world around us.

My topic name is quite decieving....I said I purchased a trail camera , to capture what is back in the woods of Oregon , and yes " Bigfoot Country" to anyone whom believes that.I do not think they exist...I thought it would be cool for people who have or may get trail cam's to post pics of what they do capture...I am sending mine back for a exchange , I have captured deer , elk , fox , raccoon , not sure what else , the camera is not working , well , the pictures are horrible.....

I want to point out , I know of a lot of hunters that set around 10 cameras each all over in different areas of Oregon.These cameras are very expensive , and some of these guys have a satelite fed so they can look on their computer.They have been doing this for years..This is not counting the hundreds I do no know of , and not one has captured anything abnormal or unknown......Anyway , hope people start posting some trail cam pics , and whomever wants , set them up where you think their may be a "bigfoot"....At least post the pics you get of the wildlife.....