Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God won’t allow climate change

Ashotep

In a nearly 17-minute speech on Wednesday evening, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) blasted an unnamed senator for saying God would protect the Earth from climate change.

Sen. Whitehouse destroys colleague who said God won’t allow climate change

I don't think God is going to protect us from climate change and if this is the reason some senators don't want to address the issue you need to wake up.

• Like 3

In my opinion

Climate change is a fallacy, made up just to Tax people's money, and give the government's more money to play with...

A majority of what we see in the way the Ice cap's are melting etc, is a natural process the Earth goes through, time and time again..

There is certain things us human's do that are making it worse but a majority of it is natural occurence

• Like 2

lol, may be GW is god's protection of earth from us.

screw GW, we can adopt ourselves, if we wont have idiotic senators tell us what to do. God, please protect us from senators.

Edited by aztek

I don't think God is going to protect us from climate change and if this is the reason some senators don't want to address the issue you need to wake up.

Pretty convenient that the good Senator refused to name the source of the comment.

• Like 2

I consider myself a Christian (of sorts) and I'm on the fence right now about "climate change", being primarily a human caused event, but the comment that "God will prevent it" is stupid, even from a "religious" point of view...

After all, didn't God say to Adam and Eve "Here. I made this really nice world for you. Do with it what you will." (paraphrasing a bit of course)... So if it is us who mess it up... it's up to us to fix it - not God...

• Like 3

In my opinion

Climate change is a fallacy, made up just to Tax people's money, and give the government's more money to play with...

A majority of what we see in the way the Ice cap's are melting etc, is a natural process the Earth goes through, time and time again..

There is certain things us human's do that are making it worse but a majority of it is natural occurence

Well, the phenomenon of climate change isn't made up. It's a very real thing that has never stopped since the Earth was formed. However, Climate Change is indeed a load of bull.

• Like 2

I think we've got climate change(a natural earth occurrence) confused with global warming(which is more likely than not caused by humans) which is accelerating the aforementioned climate change.

• Like 2

The north pole was a rainforest 65 millions years ago. It appears climate change is a natural cycle :w00t:

if this is the best that Deniers can come up with then the World will be saved.

There is NO LAND MASS under the North Pole so a rainforest could NOT have existed. :w00t:

• Like 3

evidence_CO2.jpg

"Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal."

- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

Certain facts about Earth's climate are not in dispute:

• The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century.2Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many JPL-designed instruments, such as AIRS. Increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.
  • Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that the Earth’s climate responds to changes in solar output, in the Earth’s orbit, and in greenhouse gas levels. They also show that in the past, large changes in climate have happened very quickly, geologically-speaking: in tens of years, not in millions or even thousands.3

This resource has been selected for inclusion in the CLEAN collection

evidence

NASA Study Projects Warming-Driven Changes in Global Rainfall

WASHINGTON -- A NASA-led modeling study provides new evidence that global warming may increase the risk for extreme rainfall and drought.

The study shows for the first time how rising carbon dioxide concentrations could affect the entire range of rainfall types on Earth.

Analysis of computer simulations from 14 climate models indicates wet regions of the world, such as the equatorial Pacific Ocean and Asian monsoon regions, will see increases in heavy precipitation because of warming resulting from projected increases in carbon dioxide levels. Arid land areas outside the tropics and many regions with moderate rainfall could become drier.

link

read 'em and weep ........

~edit : links

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 4

“Why would he allow an innocent child to burn its hand when it touches the hot stove but protect us from this lesson? Why would he allow a badly engineered bridge or building to fall, killing innocent people, but protect us from this mistake?”

-----------------------

True, but shame he did not mention all the natural disasters which happen year in, year out too and its a shame he will not mention the other senators name either!

• Like 1

I've never understood why some people (not politicians) deny that the industrial revolution of the 20th century and so far in the 21st century air pollution has accelerated global warming or climate change. All the scientific evidence I've seen confirms this. What purpose do these people have for their denial?

• Like 3

I've never understood why some people (not politicians) deny that the industrial revolution of the 20th century and so far in the 21st century air pollution has accelerated global warming or climate change. All the scientific evidence I've seen confirms this. What purpose do these people have for their denial?

Denial is right ... I've posted the NASA numbers and evidence many times now but it seems willful blindness seems to be the order of the day, perhaps one day in the future they can tell the grand kids that they had no idea and it ain't any fault of theirs.

If they pretend there is not a problem they don't have to do anything and someone else will just have to pick up the shyt3 they have every part of adding to the predicament.

I can't keep a strait face typing this .... I've laughing my ars3 off here .... where I am even teens knows the numbers and is very involved in recycling and the Green Earth movement, but I guess some just can't be bothered.

How about this one :

Great Pacific garbage patch

The Great Pacific garbage patch, also described as the Pacific trash vortex, is a gyre of marine debris in the central North Pacific Ocean located roughly between 135°W to 155°W and 35°N and 42°N.[1] The patch extends over an indeterminate area, with estimates ranging very widely depending on the degree of plastic concentration used to define the affected area.

The patch is characterized by exceptionally high concentrations of pelagic plastics, chemical sludge and other debris that have been trapped by the currents of the North Pacific Gyre.[2] Despite its size and density, the patch is not visible from satellite photography, since it consists primarily of suspended particulates in the upper water column. Since plastics break down to even smaller polymers, concentrations of submerged particles are not visible from space, nor do they appear as a continuous debris field. Instead, the patch is defined as an area in which the mass of plastic debris in the upper water column is significantly higher than average.

wiki link

I guess NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the United States are blatant liars too.

~edit : nanny ****

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

I see the usual confusion here. Does Climate Change or Global Warming (interchangeable) exist? Yes of course. No one denies that. It has been steadily warming since about 1850. To expect the Earth not to go through cycles is just naïve. She is a living creature. The real question is, is Climate Change Anthropomorphic? The answer to that is no but it does have political ramifications. If you assume that CC is Anthropomorphic and we spend trillions upon trillions to avoid it but nothing changes and it turns out that it is not Anthropomorphic and that it is just part of the natural life cycle of Gaia, then we waste a vast majority of wealth, energy, and time and we end up not prepared to do what we need to do to adapt to change. Now, if we assume that change is normal, then we can adapt to that change without making it political. One of the things we can do to better adapt to this change is to become better custodians of this planet. Learn how to work with Gaia. I think that would cost much less and be more common sense.

Well, in 2011 all the nations combined pumped nearly 38.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels. That sounds anthropomorphic to me. Earth''s climate changes naturally, but it seems to me we are giving a considerable boost.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57556678/carbon-dioxide-emissions-rise-to-2.4-million-pounds-per-second/

• Like 1

I agree, the question we need to ask is "how are we going to live through this cycle of change?".

personally, I think god would welcome global warming. after all, when the ice-caps melt, he gets to have a big ol' apocalyptic flood mark II and he doesn't have to lift a finger this time round!

I'll try again.

There was a rainforest where the north pole is now millions of years ago. No polar ice caps whatsoever. What that should tell you is that climate change is a very natural occurrence. Or were the dinosaurs flying planes and cars too? I happen to have a basic understanding of planetary science and climate change, period.

Happier? :w00t:

I think you're thinking of antarctica, which has a landmass underneath it, i.e, somewhere trees can grow on, as opposed to the arctic, which is just frozen sea-ice with no landmass underneath for trees to have been able to grow on.....?