Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

What is the best thing to ask a ghost ?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Is that ectoplasmatic anomaly in your pocket or you're just happy to see me? :D

I think I would go for the Winston Churchills response when he suddenly faced a ghost of A. Lincoln while exiting a bathroom in White House with only a towel covering his private parts:

"Well, it seems you have me at disadvantage."

:) :) :) pure classic

#62    rrainn

rrainn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

back off!.......wait......... oh , its you ...... what ?

Edited by rrainn, 24 January 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#63    rrainn

rrainn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

What !??

#64    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,110 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I don't think the Vietnamese word usually translated "ghost" is a very good translation.  Westerners joke about ghosts and if told there is one in the house they go running there hoping to get a glance.

One way to increase a building's real estate value in the States is to imply the place is haunted; in Vietnam it will do very much the opposite, if not make it utterly unmarketable.

Westerners see sheets with eye-holes in them, or maybe translucent, wistful people.  Vietnamese see horrors fearsome enough to stop your heart.  In fact one friend of mine, reporting such an experience in English used the word "horror" instead of "ghost," and I think he hit it.

Are they different species or what?

#65    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postjbefumo, on 23 September 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Lottery number?

This is exactly what i would ask, LOL

#66    Glenville86

Glenville86

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

If the ghost was really able to carry on a conversation, I would ask who are you? what are you? and take it from there.

#67    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 01 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I would ask why it was wearing clothes, surely clothes do not have a soul...

Perfect.  I have wondered this exact thing so many times.

#68    Ghostsstory

Ghostsstory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Assuming what I'm talking to is willing to cooperate, the first thing I ask is: "Are your intentions here of a harmful nature" or simply:  "Do you wish to cause physical or emotional distress". Even if the occurrence doesn't have any of the tall-tell signs that the entity is malevolent. Benevolent or not...it's always a safe first-question.

#69    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostGhostsstory, on 31 January 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Assuming what I'm talking to is willing to cooperate, the first thing I ask is: "Are your intentions here of a harmful nature" or simply:  "Do you wish to cause physical or emotional distress". Even if the occurrence doesn't have any of the tall-tell signs that the entity is malevolent. Benevolent or not...it's always a safe first-question.

Wow you're making logical fallacy by asking that question. Because if the intention of being are benevolent, you will get positive answer. But if the intention of being is malevolent, sure that being doesn't have to tell you truth, so the answer would again be positive.
I find it really ridiculous that humans are used to expect deceit and lies when talking to any other humans, but when they talk to higher beings, they kinda get lobotomized and think such beings are unable to tell a lie.

#70    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Are you the spirit of a deceased person, or are you an entity from somewhere else? and if the former, what happens at the point of death, and if the latter where have you come from? Can you answer by banging on the wall, thumping on the ceiling, and knocking a glass over? Much ablidged.

#71    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,110 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I asked it, "What do you want?"  It turned and looked at me (so I guess it sees with normal eyes) and faded out.

#72    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

"how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?"

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#73    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 31 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

"how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?"
I always wondered about the way they phrased this question, it should be have you seen elvis lately and how is he. But who am I to argue with the people who were here to save the world

#74    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 31 January 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I always wondered about the way they phrased this question, it should be have you seen elvis lately and how is he. But who am I to argue with the people who were here to save the world
Funny how that line has stuck with me all these years.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#75    Ghostsstory

Ghostsstory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostAmalthe, on 31 January 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

But if the intention of being is malevolent, sure that being doesn't have to tell you truth, so the answer would again be positive

You're absolutely right, they don't have to be honest, no...but there's also the possibility that the entity cares not if you know its intentions or not. If it is honestly evil or malevolent and it tells you so, it's best to be safe, ask the question and take necessary precaution so that you'll know how to better handle the encounter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users