Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

Sweetpumper

Explosion reported near finish line of Boston Marathon, spokesman says

Published April 15, 2013

FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters.

Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.

The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/explosion-reported-near-finish-line-boston-marathon-spokesman-says/

BOSTON—

Boston police said on Monday that there was at least one explosion near 673 Boylston Street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

"There was an explosion, police, fire and EMS are on the scene. We have no indication of how many people are injured," a spokeswoman for the Boston Police Department said.

The explosion occurred as thousands of runners finished the 117th running of the Boston Marathon, with crowds watching and cheering at the finish

Read More

Numerous news agencies are now reporting that a bomb—or possibly several bombs—exploded near the finish line of this afternoon’s Boston Marathon at the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel. Boston.com reports that “multiple” people have been injured while The Boston Globe has the figure as “at least a dozen.” The damaged area, according to photos uploaded by onlookers and journalists to Twitter, appears chaotic, smokey, and partially evacuated. Horrifyingly, eyewitnesses have reported “blood everywhere.”

Bomb Explosions Near Boston Marathon, Many Reported Injured

How horrible.

I was reading where one woman said she saw where people were missing limbs.

Shouldn't that place have been swept and guarded days before the race? It's a perfect target.

• Like 1

Watched some of the live feeds from ABC News, Fox News, and CNN, just to get an idea of what the heck is going on.

One of the anchors said the bombings might have something to do with the fact that the Boston Marathon was in memory of the Sandy Hook Victims.... :no:

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 5

Sounds like they were going after a Starbucks and the marathon got in the way.

All kidding aside looked like 2 IED type explosions. Allegedly theres a third in a hotel somewhere. Noones taken credit for it.

• Like 1

Terrible!

There should be lots of photos and video (public, news, city) of the area prior to the blasts. Hopefully this will have caught someone, if no one takes responsibility.

Rumor. There turning off cel;l phones communications in Boston area. Apparently to prevent a remote detonation ? Or is the cell system overwhelmed with calls ? Just a reminder in a SHTF scenario your cell phone will not be reliable. Have a back up plan to get ahold of loved ones in these changing times.

• Like 7

Rumor. There turning off cel;l phones communications in Boston area. Apparently to prevent a remote detonation ? Or is the cell system overwhelmed with calls ? Just a reminder in a SHTF scenario your cell phone will not be reliable. Have a back up plan to get ahold of loved ones in these changing times.

Thats actually a really smart idea. It could be that the system is overwhelmed with calls... but it would also make sense if they shut off the system for the time being.

I bet there's already a conspiracy documentary it post-production, almost ready for YouTube.

• Like 2

I bet there's already a conspiracy documentary it post-production, almost ready for YouTube.

Or here.

If it was an American then they are seriously ill or sick

Edited by The New Richard Nixon
  • Like 3

I hear FEMA was conducting a bombing exercise a few blocks away.

(I know... I shouldn't start rumors... but I couldn't resist)

• Like 5

My followed Utube channels are only reporting it :tu: . Martial Law is coming is about as CT as its gotten so far. Oh False Flag has been brought up as well in comments. :tu:

• Like 1

I suspect the cell system here is overwhelmed. My friend's son just now was able to call her to say he's ok (he was a runner). Local news has little details on what exactly went down I'm located south of Boston and my cell works...but another friend of mine can't call through to her husband that works at Mass General Hospital. The general mood here is fearful.

• Like 2

Two dead, at least 20+ injured. Nothing on exactly what type of bomb this was, only that there were 2 explosions.

• Like 2

Ive heard they were packed with ball bearings and shot gun shot. But again have to say thats rumor.

If it was an American then they are seriously ill or sick

If it was anyone this is sick. I hate when stuff like this happens.

• Like 3

I wonder why in the world would someone want to do this to so many innocent people. Bet its some brainwashed individual.

• Like 2

I wonder why in the world would someone want to do this to so many innocent people. Bet its some brainwashed individual.

Brainwashed or just mentally ill and doesn't care.

• Like 3

Horrible. These were just people having a good time, how could this be a target at all? Hopefully those who were hurt will recover and they'll be able to quickly get to the bottom of this.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1