Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Californians are currently being disarmed!

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 07 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Theres not alot of fact in that statement but a whole bunch of conjecture.

All together, the government is infringing up 8 of our amendments. I could bring up a quote with all the facts if you guys want, all the information for others to understand. It is a bold act of treasonous by our current government. Did you know the President is placing people in certain seats of the government to allow for laws he designed to be passed with ease? That is a form of power grab by the current establishment.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#77    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 07 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Actually this is. Me and him are both Americans. Full blooded Americans who see what is happening, understand more than you possibly know, because we following the news and see the facts unlike you. You can't just rely on the news media, you got to rely on every media you can find to find the facts. Did you know Federal Government is trying to seize the power of the State Sheriffs? That is right, we are facing increasing attacks on our constitution daily by the government. When you can't see the facts like we do, then you are blind from the truth by the media that portray it as it is.

No, actually, it isn't. It's an open forum pertaining to topics in the US and the Americas.

And let me ask you this, since apparently your opinion as an American is worth more than mine: do you live in California? No. So you're getting your info from the media and the Internet. So here's my question: when did Americans get the monopoly in being able to read articles and listen to the news?

Your American citizenship does not give you an inherently "better" ability to read the same news article on this subject than me.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#78    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 07 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Theres not alot of fact in that statement but a whole bunch of conjecture.

Well then let's drop the talk about citizenship, let's drop the conjecture and stick to the facts.

Fact: the opening posts conveyed the idea that everyone in California was being disarmed.
Fact: the posts conveyed the idea that the cops were busting into people's homes, taking their weapons.
Fact: neither of the above turned out to be true.

----Seraphina

#79    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostStellar, on 07 February 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

No, actually, it isn't. It's an open forum pertaining to topics in the US and the Americas.

And let me ask you this, since apparently your opinion as an American is worth more than mine: do you live in California? No. So you're getting your info from the media and the Internet. So here's my question: when did Americans get the monopoly in being able to read articles and listen to the news?

Your American citizenship does not give you an inherently "better" ability to read the same news article on this subject than me.

Nice little snide remark. Never said you opinion isn't worth much. Where did I say that? I did however said we understand our country and constitution more than you, because you don't live in the environment we live in.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#80    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Fact: the posts conveyed the idea that the cops were busting into people's homes, taking their weapons

This is actually definently happening. With every resource assigned to it.

Well then let's drop the talk about citizenship

show respect for our views and we can drop this.

Edited by AsteroidX, 07 February 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#81    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

if they're taking guns away from felons, what will stop them from buying another 2 tomorrow illegaly?  if they want to?

View PostUncle Sam, on 07 February 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

That is a form of power grab by the current establishment.

what do you mean power grab?  the establishment always had power, it just exchanging hands, it is like chess game, kings win, pawns die

RESIDENT TROLL.

#82    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

View Postaztek, on 07 February 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

if they're taking guns away from felons, what will stop them from buying another 2 tomorrow illegaly?  if they want to?

what do you mean power grab?  the establishment always had power, it just exchanging hands, it is like chess game, kings win, pawns die

The government isn't suppose to control all forms of police or government positions. The states have rights and the ability to government themselves, when the government takes that away, we are fasted with tyrants.

#83    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,051 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Without more information about who specifically is being targeted and what guns are being taken, I'm finding it difficult to support/oppose this.

If they're targeting felons, then go for it.  You lose certain rights when you perform certain crimes.

If they're targeting average Joe's when there are plenty of far worse individuals to confiscate from, then they need to rethink their priorities.

#84    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I will be back on later, I got to take my mother down to the emergency room. Her foot is swelling and she is having trouble controlling her blood pressure.

#85    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 07 February 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

Nice little snide remark. Never said you opinion isn't worth much. Where did I say that? I did however said we understand our country and constitution more than you, because you don't live in the environment we live in.

This topic isn't about the constitution, this topic is about the police taking illegally owed weapons by convicted felons. Let's not try to change the topic.

----Seraphina

#86    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

idk man, I would not mind to be wrong, but I think they take away wrong guns for the most part.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#87    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 07 February 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

This is actually definently happening. With every resource assigned to it.

All 38 of them in the state?

show respect for our views and we can drop this.

Show respect for your views? You mean by not telling you to shut up?

----Seraphina

#88    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,720 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 07 February 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

Daughter of the Nine Moons if I went onto a foreign countries forum and started espousing my own views onto them I would expect no less. Honestly.

Foreign country? The forum is called United States and The Americas, so unless Canada, Mexico, Central and South America were annexed by the US over dinner your argument holds no water

I understand what you are saying but this is an American politics subject..

This is a discussion forum. Discuss.

Could you elaborate what civil and courteous behavior is ? In context please.

In context. Telling people to shut up and calling them liberal fascist pigs is not civil, nor is it courteous.

I mean if I go onto the Mideast section and start espousing Christian views...Perhaps I am confused by your statement.

I do not understand your question. There are many Christians in the middle east.

Actually this is. Me and him are both Americans. Full blooded Americans who see what is happening,.....
See my earlier comment.

..... Full blooded Americans who see what is happening, understand more than you possibly know, because we following the news and see the facts unlike you. You can't just rely on the news media, you got to rely on every media you can find to find the facts.

I do not understand what you are trying to say

View PostStellar, on 07 February 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

It's an open forum pertaining to topics in the US and the Americas.

Correct.

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

#89    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Thank You for clarifying. With all due respect can this subject be moved to the sub forum US politics.

#90    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,720 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

On what basis? Moving it to US politics would still not allow you to dictate who can participate in this discussion.

If you wish to further discuss this please feel free to take it to pm and refrain from derailing this thread.

Back on topic.

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users